List Categories | List All Articles | List Articles By Title
7 Things to Consider when Buying a BBQ
BBQ as we all know is an abbreviated form of barbecue or barbeque. The BBQ has assumed so much importance today that you could call it the crown. You could ideally locate the BBQ near the main cooking area to derive maximum utility. Here are 7 things which you could consider before purchasing an ideal BBQ.
1. Size and the cooking surface: The size of the BBQ is determined by the amount of burners: two; three; four or six. If the BBQ is on the larger side, then you have greater area and flexibility in cooking surface. Also as far as the cooking surface is concerned, go for premium cast iron surface. They are coated with anti-rust ceramic material, which gives a hygienic impression.
2. Should I go for a built in BBQ or the portable one? Well, the portable BBQ looks good for picnics, as they are light weight and easy to handle without much of a hassle. But a built in or a heavy BBQ machine would look good if you are going to sell barbeque dishes or host BBQ parties.
3. Baking Dishes, Hot plates or Grills: Normally the baking dish is used for cooking marinated foods like fish. The hot plate could be put to the best use if you are making eggs and mushrooms. The grill which is a popular BBQ choice is used for kebabs, steaks and other 'meaty' dishes. You could cook BBQ grill dishes directly on the BBQ flame tamer or BBQ rock, and enjoy the aroma of a distinct barbeque odor. The juices actually drip onto the rock and then blaze up giving your food a special barbeque flavor. BBQ grilled food is low in fat content and is recommended to people who want to eat healthy without forsaking the taste.
4. Rock or flame tamer: As I mentioned in the previous point, you could use the BBQ grill directly on the BBQ rock or the flame tamer. The BBQ rock is generally the ceramic kind of rock. The flame tamer is made of metal or cast iron. Either of them, the rock as well as the flame tamer is good enough for a fantastic BBQ experience. The choice is totally yours.
5. Natural gas or Bottled gas: Natural gas should be preferred because not only is it inexpensive, but also it is an inexhaustible source of gas supply. Natural gas BBQ are sold only by specialist retailers. The bottled gas, on the other hand, is simple to use, but you will have to refill frequently. If you want to go for the bottled gas, you opt for the big cylinder which weighs 9 kg, because it is cost effective and also you do not have to refill it for quite some time. The 4.5 kg sized bottled gas cylinder is also available.
Cooking Filet Mignon
Filet mignon is French, of course, with filet meaning "thick slice" and mignon meaning "dainty." Filet mignon comes from the small end of the tenderloin (called the short loin) which is found on the back rib cage of the animal.
To Fry Or Not To Fry?
Here's a little known factoid - did you know that KFC changed its image by retiring the slogan Kentucky FRIED Chicken. Instead, they became known as serving up Kitchen Fresh Chicken.
Picture Perfect Bread
The secret-at least most of it-is in the rise. The most common mistake that we see in bread making is not letting the dough rise enough.
Digital Kitchen Timers - Never Burn Another Dish
Digital kitchen timers come in many shapes and sizes. Timers are an indispensable tool in the kitchen.
Cool Summertime Cooking
Summertime--and the living is easy! But the kitchen is hot!! It's time for some cool cooking recipes and tips!1. Cook outdoors.
Better Breakfasts Ideas
Nutritionists tell us that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. With breakfast, we are replenishing our bodies from the night before and charging them for the day ahead.
Substitutions for Commonly Called for Ingredients
What should you do if you are in the middle of a recipe and realize you are out of an ingredient? You could send your child to the local convenience store for cream cheese and end up having to serve your caviar with Velveeta because to a 13 year old they are both soft cheeses. This really happened when my Mother sent me for cream cheese.
Hot Apple Pie - The American Apple Pie Legacy
While each country might have its own preferred style, "American Style" apple pie includes your basic pie with apples in it, spiced up with cinnamon and/or nutmeg. Some folks top it off with a scoop of ice cream (such as vanilla) and this is known as "Apple Pie a la mode.
Peppercorns & Ways To Use Them
New and exciting varieties of peppercorns are becoming available to chefs everywhere. Pre-ground pepper out of the tin no longer provides the complex flavors and versatility that great cooks everywhere are looking for.
How to Grill Most Any Vegetable You Can Think Of!
Grilling vegetables is easy. The fact that more people don't do it is the strange thing.
Barbecue Success With The Rule Of Thirds
Ever been to a barbecue party where the 'chef' placed as much food as he could possibly fit onto the barbecue grill, every so often stabbing the food with a fork and juggling it around so that it cooks evenly? Ever noticed how, within a few minutes, the flames start gently flickering under the food, the chef proudly standing back admiring the char grill effect that he's creating? Ever notice the panic that sets in when the flames suddenly leap up and around the food burning it black on the outside and leaving it raw on the inside?The difference between great char grilled barbecue food and burnt offerings lies in a few small precautions. The chef that we've just described made a few fatal errors that could easily have been avoided.
Buying, Storing, and Preparing Apricots
When buying apricots, always look for those that are firm, plump orange fruit that gives slightly when you press with your thumb. Bruised apricots should be avoided.
The Perfect Omelet(te), How to Cook It
Omelet(te)sThey're easy to cook, right?We'll see.The first thing to remember is that you need the right size of frying pan.
ServSafe Food Program in Montana a Success
Montana has a great program for restaurant employees. Each preparer of foods to the public must go through a special program where they learn at what temperatures food must be served and how to keep the place clean.
Food Poisoning--An Overview
What is Food Poisoning?Food poisoning results when you eat food contaminated with bacteria or other pathogens such as parasites or viruses. Your symptoms may range from upset stomach to diarrhea, fever, vomiting, abdominal cramps and dehydration.
Storing Fats and Oils
The human body requires the intake of six types of substances for survival: Fats, carbohydrates, proteins, water, vitamins, and minerals. Certain fatty acids are essential to our health and fats and oils are important components of our food and their preparation.
Kitchenaid Stand Mixers - A Kitchen Work Horse
Kitchenaid stand mixers are very popular in today's kitchens and it is easy to see why. These stand mixers have stood the test of time and have shown themselves to be kitchen work horses.
Two for One Dinners: Eggplant
If you find leftovers boring, uninviting or downright "yuck," then here are some ideas to put the "zing" back into mealtime. With a little creativity your home-cooked meal can easily become a delicious meal another night.
Clarified butter is a delightfully rich concentrated butter that can be used in cooking and making mouth watering sauces. Traditional methods for making this rich butter concentrate can be a little intimidating at first, but not anymore.
Preparing Lobster Tails
Lobster, once the food of poor farmers, is now considered a special treat for many. Although some people prefer the meaty claws, I think that lobster tails are the best tasting part of this delicious creature.
home | site map
All articles are copyright to their owners.
Note: this website lists articles, We do not Write Articles !