List Categories | List All Articles | List Articles By Title
6 Critical Factors For Successful Trading
Success in any profession can be broken down into a number of critical factors. Trading is no different. Does your trading tick all 6 boxes or are there any areas you need to work on:
1. Do you have an edge? Trading futures is a zero sum game - you must have an identifiable edge over the other market participants. Have you identified a high probability pattern that can be exploited time after time? Remember though, the only constant in trading is change - you will have to constantly evolve your trading edge to stay ahead of the crowd.
2. Disciplined Execution. There is no point in identifying an edge if you can't execute the trade. Measure your trading success against your trading plan not the actual outcome of the trade. If you make a loss but you executed your trade exactly according to your plan than pat yourself on the back, don't beat yourself up over it.
3. Money Management. If your risk per trade is too aggressive then you run too high a risk of blowing your account, too conservative and you will not optimize returns from your system. It is essential to establish the maximum expected draw down of any system and set money management rules accordingly.
4. Have a Trading Plan. A trading plan will dictate what you will do in any given situation during the trading day. When the market is open you do not want to have to think - just concentrate on executing your plan. When the market is closed you need to be preparing for the next session to ensure you have a clear plan prepared.
5. Accountability. You are responsible for every trade. Ultimately the decision to put on a trade is yours. If your stop is hit and the market immediately reverses then you are responsible, not the 'big boys' gunning for stops - it happens, move on. If you get huge slippage on your trades then does your trading plan account for it or is your plan unrealistic for the market you are trading?
6. Commitment. Trading is not like a regular job, you don't pick up a pay check at the end of the month even though you did no work and spent the whole month surfing the web and emailing your friends. You must be committed to placing every trade according to your plan, even through the losing periods where every trade seems to end up a loser. Trading seems to throw up extremes of good times and bad times, you must not get over confident during the good times and you must not give up in the bad times - remember it is all part of the plan. You must set aside adequate time every day to compare your actual performance against your trading plan. You must be committed to continuous testing of new ideas and regular monitoring of your existing plan. Research into future ideas is essential - remember the only constant in trading is change.
Tim Wreford runs Online Futures Trading, a website that provides information and resources for traders. Tim also provides a free day trading system, the results of which are updated daily on the site.
Discovering Turnaround Candidates
There are many types of investment methodology out there. All of them has their own merits.
What is Forex Trading?
Forex, or Foreign Exchange, is the simultaneous exchange of one country's currency for that of another.The way it works is an investor who wishes to purchase or sell one currency for another with the hope of making a profit when the value of the currencies change in favor of the investor.
Mechanical or Discretionary Trading - Which is Best?
Discretionary TradingPure discretionary trading will rely solely on the traders judgement. For example a discretionary trader may spot a particular pattern developing on a chart and decide to enter a trade on that basis.
Learn Forex Trading - a Guide for Beginners
One can learn forex trading as easily as one would like to learn other subjects or train in other professions. The criteria for learning forex trading is an analytical / logical bent of mind and some number crunching abilities.
Ways to Acquire Discipline in Trading
One way to acquire discipline in trading..
Forex2u Forex Strategy On Successful Forex Trading
The essence of the FX2u Forex strategy is that it does not have any Forex trading system but could forecast the market trend accurately.Every set of Forex trading system available has its disadvantages.
FOREX Trading Philosophy
Keen on starting FOREX trading? Why would you not be? Many beginning FOREX traders are captivated by the allure of easy money. FOREX websites offer 'risk-free' trading, 'high returns' and 'low investment' - these claims have a grain of truth in them, but the reality of FOREX is a bit more complex.
Commodity Trading - Advantages and Disadvantages
What Is Commodity Trading?Commodity futures markets allow commercial producers and commercial consumers to offset the risk of adverse future price movements in the commodities that they are selling or buying.In order to work a futures contract must be standardised.
Money Management - The Holy Grail Of Trading
Money management determines how much to risk on each individual trade. This is a vital element of any trading system - risk too much and the chances of going bust are too high, risk too little and the reward for trading is too low.
How To Control Fear And Greed In Trading
There is an old saying that the market is driven by fear and greed. Anyone that has placed more than a couple of trades will surely have experienced these two emotions.
Forex Currency Trading
It is possible to buy and sell money from different countries on the foreign exchange market called Forex. Forex currency traders can profit by taking advantage of the dips and swells in the foreign currency market.
Forex Training: Follow Your Gut or Your Broker
Which way will the forex market move? Do you just follow your gut feeling? Or do you have Neo's sixth sense that would let you be one with the market and feel the underlying currents.Trading forex is a non stop action movie but a good one, where you really don't know who will win at the end.
Crisis of Confidence in the EU
The European Union (EU) constitution was dealt a double blow, first by a French "no" vote on 29-May and then by a follow on "no" from the Netherlands on 01-Jun. To add insult to injury, one low level Italian diplomat quickly called for a referendum in Italy to decide if a return to the lira was warranted.
An Evaluation of the Devaluation
A Minister of Finance is morally right to lie about a forthcoming devaluation and a woman has the right to lie about her age. This is the common wisdom.
Trade Exit - How To Cut Losses And Let Profits Run
Cut your losses short and let your profits run. This is the essence of your trade exit rules.
How to Trade Currency
We all know when you go on a trip to another country; you need to take some travelers checks and some cash in the currency of that country. This can be advantageous because one country's currency is usually worth more or less than the other.
Why Demo Account Performance Is Often Better Than Real Account Performance
Over the past several years, the popularity of online currency trading has grown substantially. Each day, online FX brokerage firms attract new investors - each of them lining up with a glint in their eye, lured in by promises of easy money.
Reality of Online Forex Trading
Foreign exchange trading is the trading of currencies. Most currencies can be traded.
Is The U.S. Dollar About To Reverse Course?
For the first time in several years the U.S.
A Short Introduction To FOREX
FOREX is the world's largest and most liquid trading market. Many consider FOREX as the best home business you can ever venture in.
home | site map
All articles are copyright to their owners.
Note: this website lists articles, We do not Write Articles !