List Categories | List All Articles | List Articles By Title
Relationship Red Flags You Shouldnt Avoid
All relationships are clearly not meant to be. Only a few really deserve your time and your efforts. Sometimes we have clouded judgment and fail to recognize warning signs that are clearly apparent. Everyone deserves to love and be loved in a relationship. Often relationships start out wonderfully and turn sour while dating. You should invest your time with those people who respect you and will treat you well. Yet, sometimes we may overlook some of the warning signs that may save us much heart ache in the end.
1. Physical Abuse - physical abuse should always be a deal breaker. Early signals may be extremely rough play where you end up bruised. Other early signs are pushing, shoving, or playfully hitting you too hard. These are signs that he is physically aggressive and doesn't mind hurting you.
2. Emotional/Verbal Abuse - name calling (no, we aren't talking about terms of endearment) such as you're a fat slob, you're ugly, or anything that doesn't promote good will is inexcusable. If such terms are being used towards you, drop that person, they do not respect you. Having that person say that they didn't mean it, or they were joking isn't an acceptable excuse.
3. Emotional Rollercoaster's - avoid people who love you one day, and want to break things off the next day. This person is unstable, and will only continue this cycle as your relationship continues. A person who does articulate mixed messages isn't emotionally mature enough for a relationship.
4. Lying - you deserve to be in a relationship with a person who will tell you the truth. Avoid anyone who tells outright lies. If they will lie about small things, they will lie about larger things. A person that loves you will respect and not lie to you.
5. Inaccessible - They will not give out phone numbers, address, or employment information. Someone who is not willing to give you a way to contact them is trying to hide from someone. Perhaps they will only give out their cell phone number and nothing else. Perhaps they will only allow you to call at certain times, and not at others. All of these are warning signs that they are trying to keep themselves separate from you.
6. Too Controlling - your partner is overly concerned about activities that you do when you are away from them. They need to know where you are at all times, they may call you several times a day while you are out checking up on you. Be cautious if someone must know where you are at every waking moment, and needs to constantly check up on you. They may need to do this simply because they are insecure, or they may be seeing someone else, and want to verify that you aren't going to infringe upon that other relationship.
7. You're the one trying to work on the relationship - if you are the one that has to maintain the contact, apologize, and keeps the relationship going, you are working too hard. Relationships are two way streets; both parties need to be involved. If you are involved with someone who can't pick up the phone, send an email, or come and see you, move on. The other person isn't interested in you enough to make the effort.
8. How do they treat others? Does your partner treat other people well? Do they treat servers in restaurants with respect? Do they speak nicely to their own family? Do they talk badly about their friends behind their backs? Remember, the person you are with will eventually treat you like they do everyone else.
These are general warning signs. You may have your own must haves that a potential partner must meet to be in a relationship with you. Make sure you move slow enough to see these warning signals before you fully engage your heart. Above all you deserve a stable relationship with someone that you respect, and that other person respects you. If you must question yourself, ask yourself this, if a friend of yours was relating some of these red flags to you, what would you say? If you would tell your friend its time to move on, move on to someone that will give you the relationship that you desire.
Editor for Copykat.com, Stephanie also writes a variety of articles about relationships at http://romancelessons.blogspot.com.
10 Important, Easy Dating Rules to Ensure Your Success
1) Leave the mobile phone off! Do not answer it if it is on Silent either. You should only do this if you are expecting an emergency and I mean an emergency.
Tips For Becoming Fluent In The Non-Verbal Language Of Dating
We are all too familiar with the term "body language". There have been books, workshops and endless discussions spawned by it.
Using the Internet as a Method for Adult Dating
In this day and age, many find it hard to find someone that can share their passion and love with. With so many people experiencing a hard time with relationships and many have gone through failed affairs, a multitude have given up and just moved on.
Online Dating - Top Tips for Success!
A few months ago I became single again after a long-term relationship, and decided to try out the phenomenon taking the world by storm that is online dating.Online dating has grown hugely in popularity over the last few years.
Dos and Donts for Men on Dating Sites
Men, learn how to behave on dating and personals sites.Being a man and also being the owner of a dating site myself I have to tell all my fellow men that you are chasing all the women away.
Do It And They Will Come: Pursuing New Adventures To Find Mr / Ms Right
Are you tired of the whole dating scene? Have you spent many hours (years) going to parties and events with the hope of meeting compatible and available singles? If so, now may be time to think about doing something different. Really different.
The Final Solution to Dating
I run a blog where I discuss the topic of the many games people play in the dating arena. I've posted hundreds of articles, many of which point out many of these troubles.
Mike's Dating Story
(Black Couch Tales)Mike was completely stressed when he walked into my office last week. Taking a long drink of water, he slumped onto my black leather couch and sighed.
Oops, I Did It Again
Oops! I did it again!So you are licking your wounds. Your relationship came to a bad end.
True Love And Chemistry: Exploring Myth And Reality
When you think about the qualities found in a true "soul mate" relationship, what one word comes up most often on the top of your list?Is it CHEMISTRY? Probably.Just the mention of this term conjures up powerful feelings and images for anyone who has ever been in or seeking a love relationship.
It begins with you, and your attitude. There are a lot of misconceptions about what type of guys women date.
3 Easy Steps To Online Dating Success
We all know that online dating will help you to make new friends and meet your perfect partner. But, how do you get the best out of a dating site? If you are thinking of signing up, or have already joined a dating site without success, make sure you read these 3 important tips!1.
Win Her Heart With Romantic Gift Ideas
Does your significant other cry at goofy commercials? Does she beg you to take her to every romantic comedy that comes out in the theatres? Can you absolutely count on the fact that she will always remember every date that has even the slightest significance in your relationship?Uh-oh. Sounds like you are in serious need of some romantic gift ideas.
Trick Or Treat - Is This Make-Believe Or The Real Thing?
"I'll call you this week". "Yes, I'd love to see you again".
Dating Advice: Common Interest Results in Happy Marriages
How often do your married friends complain about husbands who spend weekends on the couch watching games? Did they not notice these guys were sports fanatics while they were dating? Did they think things would change after the wedding?Life is fraught with ups and downs, so it's critical to marry someone you can have fun with, today and fifty years from now. Here's how you can find that person:1.
Dating Online in Safety
Dating online can be great fun, stimulating and exciting. So let's first get it into perspective.
Dating Tips: How to Get Yourself A Date
Well, if you didn't give that someone a bad impression of yourself, chances are, both of you would be already friends at least? A friend, not being dislike by him or her? Ok, now it's the time you can progress a little further, taking a little more actions. But before so, it might be good to take notes of the followings:For Guys, please understand that girls enjoy the process of being pursued.
E-Love at Easter! Part One
Kiki sat on the park bench, staring ruefully at the passers by. Last night's row with Tolu was the cause of her blues.
Online Dating Secret
There is a simple online dating secret that can save you a lot of time and energy!This will prevent you from losing interest and focus on meeting women online.This will save you money and heartache?OK, OK, what is it you ask?Here it is for FREE, to you from Mick Jones, Author of 'How To Meet Women On The Internet'When I first started dating online I made a BIG mistake?I emailed contacts for MONTHS before meeting them.
Great Dating Advice: 7 Universal Laws for Singles
The Law of the Right PersonWhile most of us put our focus on finding the right person, it's just as important to focus your energy on becoming the right person.The Law of Alone, Part 1One of the words used to describe the state of being alone is lonely.
home | site map
All articles are copyright to their owners.
Note: this website lists articles, We do not Write Articles !