List Categories | List All Articles | List Articles By Title
Online Dating - Six Ways to Protect Your Privacy in Cyberspace
Online dating is becoming more and more mainstream, as people from all walks of life plug in and find their soul mate in cyberspace. Here are six tips to finding that special someone while still maintaining your privacy and safety online.
1. Avoid large, public chat rooms where anything can (and does!) take place. Some people frequent these areas just to see what they can get away with. Instead, focus on smaller, more targeted web sites or chat rooms that match your interests or lifestyle. There are many online dating sites that cater to specific hobbies and several offer free trial memberships.
2. When you find a chat room, dating site, or forum that matches your interest, introduce yourself with only as much information as you feel comfortable giving. Don't plaster your phone number, address or any other personal information on the site. Wait until you meet someone with whom you truly "click" and have spoken to them for awhile. Common sense and that "gut feeling" are great indicators for when something just doesn't seem quite right.
3. Participate in the forum or chat room regularly. Keep it "low-key" until you start forming friendships with the regular members there. Be honest, and be yourself - after all, being natural is what will endear you to a particular mate.
4. Keep your correspondence limited to e-mail and chat until you get to know the person well enough to feel comfortable sharing your phone number and talking for the first time. If you need a good ice-breaker, start off the chat by talking about the forum or chat room where you met and any special interests that brought you two together.
5. If you decide to meet each other in person, choose a neutral, public place. You may even choose a town or city that's not the same as the one where you live. Restaurants, parks, theaters and other public places where people gather often are a good place to start. Alternately, you could choose to attend a special event in your area together, perhaps a concert, festival or fair. Either way, let friends or family know where you're going and who you're going with, as well as what time you'll be returning so they'll know how and where to reach you.
6. If you're interested in a few online "matches" that come your way, consider setting up a post office box and a free e-mail account to share information with each other. That way, if you come to find that you really don't "click" with this person, you won't feel as if you've given any personal contact information away.
If you follow these six tips, chances are you'll have a great time with your cyber date. Remember to be honest and be yourself! If you do, chances are that you'll find that perfect special someone who enjoys you for who you are!
Mike is an advisor for Online Dating. He has been tagged as an "Expert" in the topic of Online Dating for the past few years for his extraordinary advice. http://online-dating.eclicksoft.com
A Date With A Stranger
Well, I have decided to move forward once again. I have had two relationships that I thought were it, believed I got all the signs, thought I had found my soulmate.
How to Attract Girls Even If Youre Short
Let me mention a few names and you can tell me what they all have in common: - Al Pacino - Humphrey Bogart - Napoleon That's right..
How to Tell if a Single Woman is Really Interested in You
It's very important to learn how a single woman acts, speaks, and uses body language around you that indicates that she is romantically or sexually interested in you. When you learn these signs, you can use this to your advantage.
She Rejected You: Some Reasons Why It Happened & What You Can Do?
There is just something that makes women NOT get attracted to men who have lower STATUS than themselves. There is always tension when a lady is taller than her man, she makes more money than him or when a guy is being 'led around' by his girlfriend or wife.
E-Love at Easter! Part One
Kiki sat on the park bench, staring ruefully at the passers by. Last night's row with Tolu was the cause of her blues.
Are You Up For The Challenge
Back in 2004, I met a gentleman who was interested in getting to know me better. After a few discussions of finding out what I needed to know, I decided to participate.
The First Impression is a Lasting Impression
The first date is the most apprehensive, nerve wreaking event in the beginning of any relationship and it is also the "first impression" and the one thing in life that can never be changed!OK, so you have talked for months on the computer and on the phone, you have talked about childhood to adulthood, good and bad, past relationships, family and everything else in between and you think you really know this person and like them enough to meet them in person. The anticipation builds, you talk and you plan, where to go, what to do, what to wear, so many preparations to make a great impression and hopefully start a relationship that will last a lifetime.
Dating On The Internet Is Growing! See How Online Dating Can Help You Find Available Singles Today
Dating on the Internet is growing rapidly year after year, because it has become very difficult for most people to meet quality singles in their local communities and find compatible matches!When it comes to meeting new people, we tend to create an urgency, and we put a large amount of stress on ourselves to unite with someone quickly, without taking the time to really get to know the person and see their true qualities.Where sometimes you just don't have all the answers on a date, the first thing you need to ask yourself is, what are you looking for?Are you looking to have fun and meet a variety of people on a casual basis, or do you want to seriously establish a relationship, which can eventually turn into a love match? The decision is yours!In the first meeting it's all about honesty, which most of us throw out the window on the first date! I know you heard it before, but it's true! As you begin the matchmaking process through different dating avenues, you will make your life so much simpler if you're totally honest with yourself and the person you're with.
Hot Women And Eye Contact
For a while now I've been wondering why some women always make eye contact and hold it longer than others, and in most cases, the women who fail to maintain eye contact are the best looking. Each woman is unique, so their reasons for not maintaining eye contact could be any of a variety of things.
How Did Online Dating Become So Popular?
SpeedTry to picture what used to happen earlier in the days when people had to depend on the good ol' postal system. During those days, a person had to wait for one or two days for a letter to get across to a person who lived in the same state itself.
Use Dating To Your Benefit
The easy way to date is really by empowering yourself. This unconventional approach is based on the reality that when we grow and expand, our dating also grows and expands.
Online Dating - 5 Essential Safety Tips
So, you've decided to take the plunge and follow in the footsteps of countless other singles who know that online dating is a successful route to meeting new friends and finding the perfect partner. But, what do you do when you find someone you like?Initially, you'll want to keep all communication by email and get to know a little more about the other person.
Hes So Not Into You
These are words women don't want to hear when they're in a relationship. Unfortunately these words are fact more than fiction.
Are Parents Still Stopping You from Having a Girlfriend?
There are a lot of young men who find it difficult to go out and meet new girls on days when they have a quarell with their parents.There are also a lot of older men who can go out easily and have success.
A Nice Guys Guide to Dating Success
Has it ever happened to you? Have you ever had the experience of liking a woman, being a perfect gentleman, and treating her like a queen, only to have her reject you in favor of someone else (possibly very handsome) who doesn't treat her right, or doesn't seem to care about her much at all? These kinds of men have been called "bad boys," "charm boys," or "players." When you are interested in women, do they tend to see you as a friend or "brother" rather than a romantic interest? Do women tell you you're "too nice"? If so, you are not alone.
Free Dating - The Real Cost of Free Dating
Nearly every dating site on the internet claims to offer free dating. Running a quick search on google for the phrase 'free dating' returns some one and half million results!Yet is the consumer being mislead? What are the true costs of free dating?The fact is there is rarely any such thing.
Who Says Online Datings Only For Losers?
I let that friend talk me into browsing some pictures on one of the more popular dating sites. I had to say, there were some pretty decent looking men on there.
The Huge Advantages of Online Dating
Imagine the joy of finding the love of your life, an exciting romantic liaison or a rewarding friendship when you are looking and feeling your worst. You had a hellish time at work the previous day, you feel as though you haven't slept a wink, your skin would be a voyage of exploration for a dermatologist and a crow would be more than happy nesting in your hair.
Guys, Do Your Pickup Lines Always Get Met with Turn Downs?
It's unbelievable how many guys have this problem!I mean, you finally got the courage to walk up to that beautiful girl and tell her a pickup line that you thought sounded amazing and instead of her falling all over you, she acts cool and distant.And basically tells you to get lost.
Use The Power of Focus When You Want To Get A Date
The Importance of FocusPeople are always looking for ways to win over somebody they are interested in. Often times when you lose the opportunity, it has nothing to do with your ability to close.
home | site map
All articles are copyright to their owners.
Note: this website lists articles, We do not Write Articles !