List Categories | List All Articles | List Articles By Title
What You Must Know About Dating a Non Christian
Inevitably, when the topic of dating comes up among Christian teens, the question that always seems to come up is, "Can I date a non-Christian?"
Most of the time, the typical verse that is used to answer their question is 2 Corinthians 6:14-15, which says, "Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever?"
Knowing that you aren't supposed to date non Christians is one thing, but actually understanding why the Lord doesn't want you to date and marry a non Christian is another matter, so let's look some of the reasons why you aren't supposed to date an unbeliever.
1) Being unequally yoked (dating a non Christian) can create a constant source of problems and arguments. A believer and an unbeliever are total opposites spiritually, which can result in some major differences in the values that you hold and the things that you believe. This has the potential to produce an atmosphere of strife, instead of love which will have you agreeing with Proverbs 21:19, which says that it is, "Better to live in a desert than with a quarrelsome and ill-tempered wife."
2) We are told to guard our hearts above all else (Proverbs 4:23). Simply put, unbelievers don't have the same moral standards that we as Christians are supposed to have. If you get involved in a relationship with a non Christian, you could open yourself up to a lot of heartache, as their intentions may be less than pure.
3) In 1 Corinthians 15:23, we are told that bad company corrupts good character. Just look at how Solomon's wives turned his heart from the Lord in 1 Kings 11:4.
4) The Lord has a specific person for you. In 1John 4:16, we read that God is love and from James 1:17 we know that God gives us good and perfect gifts, and Ephesians 3:20 says that we know God is able to do above and beyond all that we can ask or even think. If we apply those verses to our dating and relationships, we will come to understand that the Lord loves us, and because of His love for us, He will give us a good and perfect partner (who is spiritually compatible with us), and will go above and beyond all that we can ask or even think in this area.
If you found this article helpful, visit David's website at www.christcentereddating.com for more information on finding the woman of your dreams.
David King is the author of "How to Find the Woman of Your Dreams" and has helped many men with their dating and relationship problems and questions through his website, http://www.christcentereddating.com
Online Dating Makes Searching For a Partner Fun
Some have said that online dating is an impersonal relationship. These people just don't know what they are talking about.
The Train Is Coming
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1Stay on the platform???the train is coming! This is what a young lady said to me earlier today as we conversed while riding the train.
The Dating Game
Now you all know I have become a bit cynical in regards to dating lately. Especially since my last burn.
When Should You Give Up on Chasing a Woman?
This week I want to discuss chasing women, or rather I should say, when is the best time to give up on chasing a particular woman?When you keep chasing a woman that you're crazy about and it's all one-sided and she shows no interest in you, what should you do? Well, if a woman is not interested in you she will go out of her way to give you hints by the way she acts towards you. She will try to make it clear that she does not want to get involved with you.
Online Dating. Is It Taken To Seriously?
When I look at alot of the online dating services I notice one common trend. People take it very seriously into finding there true love.
8 Deadly Dating Mistakes To Avoid!
Are you dating or in a serious relationship? Did you realize that very often we make the same dating mistakes over and over again? As outlined in my book "the Ultimate Online Dating Handbook" sometimes these mistakes can lead to losing the date of our dreams, or possibly being in a bad relationship. I've compiled a list of dating No-nos which will help you identify a possible problem that you can work on to improve your dating experience.
The Right Dating Strategy
So, you have decided to do it. Get out there to the cyber space and try you luck.
It begins with you, and your attitude. There are a lot of misconceptions about what type of guys women date.
Am I Weird If I Date Online?
True story: A few years back I was working with a client who had recently moved to Los Angeles. She was single, did not know many people in the big city, and felt a little lonely.
Online Dating Safety - Tackling Internet Crime
Online dating is a great way to contact and meet new people. Either for free or for a small fee you can have access to thousands of singles looking for love.
Internet Dating - Its Not For Geeks
Six months ago an old school friend and I were chatting over coffee, putting the world to rights as women do. She was bemoaning her lack of success in meeting the "right sort" of men.
Dating Advice for Those Just Getting Back on the Dating Wagon!
Dating is a daunting prospect, especially for those who've been off the circuit for a while. Here's a little dating advice to help you back on the dating wagon.
Healing the Midlife Love Crisis
All I wanted was to fall in love and live happily ever after. The End.
10 Keys to Getting Along With Single Women For Successful Dating, Seduction
1. When with a woman on a date, under no circumstances whatsoever, look at and flirt with other women.
E-Love at Easter! Part One
Kiki sat on the park bench, staring ruefully at the passers by. Last night's row with Tolu was the cause of her blues.
Little Known Dating Tips, Secrets, and Dating Mistakes
I hear it over and over-"It was going so great, and then she disappeared on me? why? What happened-we were having such a great time together. I'm tired of this happening-I want to date sexy women, but I want them to stick around.
A Date With A Stranger
Well, I have decided to move forward once again. I have had two relationships that I thought were it, believed I got all the signs, thought I had found my soulmate.
The Most Important Question to Ask on a First Date
First dates can be pretty daunting experiences, but they can be downright annoying or painful if both parties are not on the same page from the beginning. Being 'on the same page' means wanting the same type of relationship that the other wants.
How To Land The Catch Of Your Life Without Becoming Sharkbait
However you like to do it, dating is a dangerous game. Not talking to strangers might be sound advice to give to kids but as a strategy to stop being single, it has at least one obvious drawback.
Dating Tips: Creating The Perfect Atmosphere
Had you ever been in the situation where your heart suddenly beats so fast, losing your ability to think, having the sudden loss for words when seeing someone you admired? At that very moment, you were like frozen in time, lost into another world, a world so wonderful, so heavenly? Hmm? How's my description? Ha whatever, the fact is that at that very moment, you were totally defenseless. So defenseless that anything could have just hit you.
home | site map
All articles are copyright to their owners.
Note: this website lists articles, We do not Write Articles !