List Categories | List All Articles | List Articles By Title
The Pros and Cons of Debt Consolidation Loans
You are swimming in debt. You have 4 credit cards maxed out, a car loan, a consumer loan, and a house payment. Simply making the minimum payments is causing your distress and certainly not getting you out of debt. What should you do?
Some people feel that debt consolidation loans are the best option. A debt consolidation loans is one loan which pays off many other loans or lines of credit.
I'm sure you've seen the advertisements of smiling people who have chosen to take a consolidation loan. They seem to have had the weight of the world lifted off their shoulders. But are debt consolidation loans a good deal? Let's explore the pros and cons of this type of debt solution.
1. One payment versus many payments: The average citizen of the USA pays 11 different creditors every month. Making one single payment is much easier than figuring out who should get paid how much and when. This makes managing your finances much easier.
2. Reduced interest rates: Since the most common type of debt consolidation loan is the home equity loan, also called a second mortgage, the interest rates will be lower than most consumer debt interest rates. Your mortgage is a secured debt. This means that they have something they can take from you if you do not make your payment. Credit cards are unsecured loans. They have nothing except your word and your history. Since this is the case, unsecured loans typically have higher interest rates.
3. Lower monthly payments: Since the interest rate is lower and because you have one payment vs many, the amount you have to pay per month is typically decreased significantly.
4. Only one creditor: With a consolidated loan, you only have one creditor to deal with. If there are any problems or issues, you will only have to make one call instead of several. Once again, this simply makes controlling your finances much easier.
5. Tax Breaks: Interest paid to a credit card is money down the drain. Interest paid to a mortgage can be used as a tax write-off.
Sounds great, doesn't it? Before you run out and get a loan, let's look at the other side of the picture - the cons.
1. Easy to get into further debt: With an easier load to bear and more money left over at the end of the month, it might be easy to start using your credit cards again or continuing spending habits that got you into such credit card debt in the first place.
2. Longer time to pay off: Most mortgages are the 10 to 30 year variety. This means that rather than spend a couple of years getting out of credit card debt, you will be spending the length of your mortgage getting out of debt.
3. Spend more over the long haul: Even though the interest rate is less, if you take the loan out over a 30 year period, you may end up spending more than you would have if you had kept each individual loan.
4. You can lose everything: Consolidation loans are secured loans. If you didn't pay an unsecured credit card loan, it would give you a bad rating but your home would still be secure. If you do not pay a secured loan, they will take away whatever secured the loan. In most cases, this is your home.
As you can see, consolidated loans are not for everyone. Before you make a decision, you must realistically look at the pros and cons to determine if this is the right decision for you.
Wesley Atkins is the owner of http://www.credit-cards-advisor.com- which aims to get you fitted with the best credit cards to suit your situation. With numerous credit card articles and easy online credit card applications you will never choose the wrong credit card again.
What You Need to Know About Debt Consolidation Loans UK
Should you find yourself over your head in debt, you might want to start looking into debt consolidation loans UK . These loans are designed for the person who needs help in taking care of their outstanding debt, keeping them from bankruptcy.
Going Debt Consolidation Way!
We are aware of the fact that it is easy to get into debts, but on the contrary overcoming it is very complicated. Now give an end to your fear of lenders as more and more companies in the UK are offering solutions to tackle debts of individuals- both home owners and tenants.
Guide to Debt Consolidation Loans
Here is a useful guide to Debt Consolidation Loans. A Debt consolidation loan is a loan used to repay several other loans.
Choosing the Right Credit Counseling Agency for You - Some Tips
Credit counseling companies come in all shapes and sizes. Whether you are looking at working with a local credit counseling organization or a national credit counseling organization there are some very important factors to calculate before choosing the right credit counseling option for you.
Reducing Credit Card Debt
One of the easiest "things" that can happen in life is the ratcheting up of a large credit card debt. For whatever reason, making purchases with credit cards seems easier than spending cash to obtain a product or service.
Debt Consolidation - Can You Negotiate with Your Credit Card Company?
The average American household has nearly $10,000 in credit card debt, and many people are only able to make the minimum payment of 2% of the balance. Even 2% is $200, and by paying the minimum payment, you could be paying on the balance for decades before you finally pay it off.
Debt Consolidation Made Simple
If you have considered debt consolidation then you are probably a little overwhelmed with the mass amount of debt consolidation companies there are to choose from. With some of these debt consolidation companies, it's hard to even find out what debt consolidation is all about.
Debt Consolidation: Why And How This Strategy Often Backfires!
Debt consolidation solutions, has found that as good as it sounds, debt consolidation loans rarely save you any money.In fact, they usually backfire and you wind up with an even greater debt load than before.
Get Out of Debt
It is said that a pet tiger cub can become dangerous if it tastes blood. It will stop at killing no one, not even the people who brought it up.
Debt Consolidation Solutions
Millions of Americans are finding it hard to pay their bills and dig themselves out of debt. Many are turning to debt consolidation for help.
Cheap Debt Consolidation Loans - Inexpensive Way of Winning Financial Freedom
The rising cost of living can force you sometimes to overburden your pocket with loans. It may solve financial issues for the time being but eventually then they are to be paid back.
What is Debt Consolidation?
Debt consolidation may be the answer for anyone drowning in a sea of unpaid bills. Debt consolidation lumps all of your unsecured debts including credit card bills, doctor, dentist, veterinary, and other service provider bills - any bills that are not secured by collateral or property such as an automobile or a house - into one monthly payment.
Consolidate All Your Debt Into One Monthly Payment
Are you feeling overburdened with debt? Are you paying out too much every month for your credit cards, store cards and loans? Then why not replace them all with one, lower, convenient repayment through a consolidation loan?Consolidation loans can give you a fresh start, allowing you to consolidate all of your loans into one - giving you one easy to manage payment, and in most cases, at a lower rate of interest.Secured on your UK home, low cost, low rate, cheap, low interest debt consolidation loans can sweep away the pile of repayments to your credit and store cards, HP, loans and replace them with one, low cost, monthly payment - one calculated to be well within your means.
Debt Consolidation - Options for Reducing Your Debt
Studies show that Americans are now saving less than ever before. Along with that, Americans are carrying a heavier debt load than ever.
Debt Elimination: Legal! Lawful! Ethical! Debt Elimination Really Works
You are trying hard to eliminate your loans but keep falling back on your old ways. This constantly leads you back to square one situation and debts seem like they are ever increasing.
Perks and Pitfalls of Debt Consolidation
Whether you want to pursue debt consolidation in order to make a good financial situation better or to pull yourself back from the brink of bankruptcy you will want to consider the good and bad things that may result from the choices you make.Perks and Potential Benefits of Debt Consolidation1.
Shake off the Chains: Credit Card Debt Elimination is Easier Than You Think!
Feeling like you're on the brink of financial disaster? You're not alone. Millions of people allow impulsive lifestyles to rule their pocketbooks.
Re-Mortgages - There's Help For Bad Credit Ratings On The Way
As any report on the subject will reveal, million of UK consumer are staggering through life under the weight of poor credit scores as a result of County Court Judgements being issued against them.Of even greater concern is the fact that many don't even realise they're in a bad credit spiral until they have their application for a standard mortgage turned down.
16.4% APR $5,000 Auto Loan...HELP!
Are you the victim of a high interest rate auto loan? If so, the following email discussion may help you. Read on:DEAR LoanResources.
Negotiate Your Way Out Of Debt
Eliminating your debt is a daunting task. What can you do to get out of debt fast? Believe it or not, negotiation along with proper financial responsibility is your foothold out of the rat race.
home | site map
All articles are copyright to their owners.
Note: this website lists articles, We do not Write Articles !