List Categories | List All Articles | List Articles By Title
Perks and Pitfalls of Debt Consolidation
Whether you want to pursue debt consolidation in order to make a good financial situation better or to pull yourself back from the brink of bankruptcy you will want to consider the good and bad things that may result from the choices you make.
Perks and Potential Benefits of Debt Consolidation
1. Debt consolidation should lower your monthly payments, and preferably your interest rates as well. This will lower the long term cost of your debt.
2. Debt consolidation may improve your credit rating and make it easier for you to purchase a home or automobile.
3. When done properly debt consolidation can remove a great deal of emotional and financial pressure from your life.
4. Debt consolidation may help many people avoid having to file for bankruptcy.
5. A significant benefit of debt consolidation is the elimination of harassing phone calls from creditors and collection agencies. This will happen more quickly when debts are paid off through home equity or personal loans. It should still happen over time through debt management plans when the creditors realize you are working in good faith to pay off your debt.
Pitfalls or Things to Avoid in Debt Consolidation
1. Avoid debt consolidation loans or plans that require high up front fees. Reputable lenders and credit counseling agencies generally charge low fees, or no fees.
2. Avoid debt consolidation plans that promise large reductions in your debt in a short period of time. There are no quick fixes. Debt reduction takes time an effort.
3. Avoid debt consolidation loans that are at higher interest rates than those you are currently paying. Paying more interest will not lower your overall debt.
4. If you choose a debt consolidation through a debt management plan make sure the credit counseling agency you choose pays all creditors in a frequent and timely manner, otherwise your accounts could become more delinquent, accruing more fees and sending you deeper into debt.
5. One of the most common pitfalls of debt consolidation occurs when consumers pay their credit cards off but continue to use them. Most people quickly max out again and end up with more debt and more pressure than they had before they chose debt consolidation.
If you make sure to choose your lender or credit counseling agency carefully, and know what you are getting into, you will avoid the pitfalls and debt consolidation will be a positive step that benefits your overall financial situation.
Timothy Gorman is a successful Webmaster and publisher of Debt-Relief-Solutions.com. He provides more debt relief, credit counseling, repair and free debt consolidation information that you can research in your pajamas on his website.
A Simple Question We All Wonder - Are Debt Settlement Companies Scams?
Are debt settlement companies scams? It's a simple question so does it have a simple answer?Along with the genuinely helpful firms, there are plenty of operations billing themselves as legit debt settlement companies. These debt company scams prey on debtors by promising relieved debt and empty their pockets forcing payment of outrageous fees.
No-Cost Student Loan Consolidation
No-Cost Student Loan ConsolidationA no-cost student loan consolidation - doesn't that just sound too good to be true? Think about it. You have just accrued thousands of dollars in debt through student loans after 4 years of college, or possibly even more.
Before Considering Debt Consolidation
If you believe in the good in people then you probably also believe that few people take out loans, or other forms of credit, with the intention of skipping the bill. With credit counseling, debt consolidation, and even bankruptcy on the rise, it's a little hard to believe in the good in people.
Get Out of Debt
It is said that a pet tiger cub can become dangerous if it tastes blood. It will stop at killing no one, not even the people who brought it up.
Consolidate Your Credit Card Debt
With the popularity of plastic money in the present age, credit cards are gaining immense importance. With the growing increase in usage of such cards the credit rates are also reaching the horizon.
Debt Consolidation can Ruin Your Credit
Yes, Debt Cosolidation isn't a good idea and I'll tell you why. I've done research of my own and found out some disturbing information.
Alternatives to Filing Bankruptcy
Deciding to file for bankruptcy is a decision that should not be taken lightly. Too many people opt for this decision before finding out what other alternatives are available to them.
Debt Consolidation Service In Birmingham
Jane was a fun loving girl from Birmingham, you could say she lived for today. She wanted all the latest fashions and gadgets and certianly was not afraid to use her credit card to pay for them.
Best Debt Reduction Service
There was a time when incurring debts was looked down as one of the worst crimes ever. People were punished for not repaying within the stipulated time.
Open the Cash Vault Inside Your Home
Believe it or not, many people do not understand equity and the power it provides.In its purest form, equity is money.
Debt Consolidation with Free Government Grants? One Scam to Avoid
Have you ever seen a commercial or an ad promising "free government grant money?" According to these ads, the government and other organizations give away nearly one half a trillion dollars each year, and all you need to do is apply! The ads go on to state that the money can be used for anything, including debt consolidation , student loans, a yacht or just about any frivolous thing you can imagine. All you need to do is call their toll free number, buy their book or enroll in their program and the details are soon on their way to you.
Online Debt Consolidation - Devising Newer Ways for Changing Consumer Trends
Consumers today are getting wiser by the day. They are educated and enlightened.
Are You Buried In Debt?
Are you having a problem paying your bills? Are you receiving past due notices from creditors? Are most of your accounts being turned over to debt collectors? Are you worried that you might lose your home or your car?Well, you are not alone. Many people do face a financial crises at some time in their life.
When Your Bills Are Piling Up Here Are 6 Different Ways to Consolidate
When it comes to debt consolidation some people dream of day when all their bills will disappear. Next to hitting the jackpot, a debt consolidation loan is some times the only way out for a debtor.
Finding a Reputable Debt Consolidation Company
If you are looking for a company that will help you consolidate your debt, you need to be cautious. Consolidating your loans into a single low interest loan can be a very good step financially, however there is a wide range of quality in the help you can receive.
What is Debt Consolidation?
Here is a useful guide to what is Debt consolidation. For some people with credit problems debt consolidation may be an answer.
Vultures and Victims
Has anyone noticed how many loan companies now fill up the commercial breaks? Sofa, after of sofa of happy couples are shown, with carefully manipulated stereotypes discussing the consolidation of their finances, recommending a particular provider. Couples, who have had loan requests knocked back from the standard, high street or traditional credit lenders, find themselves turning to alternative finance providers in the hope that they can move their debt situations forward.
Debt Consolidation Makes Sense Only with Low Interest Rates
Credit that cannot be managed or is not being repaid requires debt consolidation. Debt consolidation offers borrowers with a chance to repay their high interest loans at low interest rate.
Debt Consolidation Made Simple
If you have considered debt consolidation then you are probably a little overwhelmed with the mass amount of debt consolidation companies there are to choose from. With some of these debt consolidation companies, it's hard to even find out what debt consolidation is all about.
Perks and Pitfalls of Debt Consolidation
Whether you want to pursue debt consolidation in order to make a good financial situation better or to pull yourself back from the brink of bankruptcy you will want to consider the good and bad things that may result from the choices you make.Perks and Potential Benefits of Debt Consolidation1.
home | site map
All articles are copyright to their owners.
Note: this website lists articles, We do not Write Articles !