List Categories | List All Articles | List Articles By Title
30 Truisms About eBook Authoring
The decision to author an eBook is a life-changing decision. The "fallout" from publishing an eBook will change forever the way you see yourself and the way others see you.
Why? That's difficult to say. But the following list of 30 Truisms gleaned from the experiences of successful eBook authors will help answer the question.
So, what are you waiting for? Read the list. Make the decision to author an eBook.
1. You will have access to a world-wide audience via the Internet 24/7 so your book store is always open. You will be amazed when you get downloads of your eBook from 100+ countries and you realize just how small the world really is.
2. You can afford to give away free updated versions of your eBook because of the low cost of making changes and the virtually free delivery system.
3. You can/must/should build a long-term relationship with your customers using email addresses supplied when your eBook is ordered. You can also use this list for communicating other offers to these same customers but never sell or give away your opt-in list.
4. Your readers are a valuable source of feedback on your current eBook if given the opportunity. You can also use their feedback, questions, concerns, and requests to get insights into what other topics need to be addressed for the same target market.
5. Communication skills are very important. You must learn how to write convincing ad and sales copy, effective eZine material, web site content and email communications. Enjoy the excitement of meeting new people all the time.
6. Being in control of the entire eBook authoring process is both a blessing and a curse. You don't have to take orders and direction from anyone else. You are totally responsible for what happens with your eBook. It's an exciting proposition.
7. eBook authoring can lead to self-employment. You can enhance current careers or start new ones. You can use your eBook as a secondary passive income or as a catalyst for an entirely new business. The possibilities are many.
8. Make your dream of writing a book come true. eBooks can fill your authoring needs within a workable time frame, with minimal financial investment, with reasonable effort and with success guaranteed.
9. You become involved in an adventure in creative writing, eBook technology, communication skills and building relationships.
10. You have the opportunity to share your expertise, passion, and knowledge with an audience that needs your help. As a bonus, you are leaving a written legacy of your experiences, wisdom and insights.
11. eBooks are the most cost efficient form of publishing available to you. Recovering your costs is guaranteed. Even if you never recover your initial financial investment, the experience of authoring a published book will still be worth it. Consider it an investment in you.
12. The friendly letter style of writing found in eBooks is conducive to the personal conversation that takes place between the author and the reader. Anyone can effectively communicate in an eBook using simple every-day language and some good planning. eBooks are not academic dissertations.
13. Because of the interactions possible between the author and the readers, it becomes a growth and learning experience for everyone. eBooks can be made as dynamic as you wish. Static standard published books don't have that option.
14. As a published eBook author, you move from the realm of anonymous individual with plenty to share and no means to do it to a measure of importance because of your expertise as a published author. "Experts" have earned that status of respect.
15. The majority of eBook authors can effectively write their book with little or no research. By "conversing" with the reader sharing what you already know and have experienced, you can fill in the details of your Table of Contents. Write - Research - Write. Write your entire book from memory. Go back and fill in the gaps with research. Then edit (re-write) to your final draft before publishing.
16. You will learn as much about yourself as you will about your topic as you complete the eBook authoring journey.
17. While marketing and selling your eBook you are also marketing and selling yourself. You are creating a Brand of both the eBook and yourself. You will be changed forever and be forever changing.
18. The passiveness of earning income from your eBook may be new for many authors. You create your eBook once (excluding revisions) then go on with your life while the eBooks sells on the Internet 24/7 using auto-responders so you can carry on doing whatever you want to do. Passive income from working once and benefiting many times over is the principle that successful entrepreneurs use to build wealth.
19. An "ordinary" person becomes an "extraordinary" person by authoring an eBook. Authoring is a transformational process. It awakens the author within you and moves you in to new personal and professional territory.
20. eBook authors feel better about themselves acquiring inner and outer confidence, better self-esteem, more worthiness, recognition for their contribution to the world, and a sense of giving back.
21. Self-employment as an eBook author brings with it tax benefits you may not otherwise have had. Expanding a business around your expert status as a published author, allows you to "profit" from the experience. You can actually use your eBook to build a full time business for now or your retirement.
22. Authors come to realize very quickly how important the attitudes, skills, and knowledge they have acquired over the years is valued. By sharing wisdom through an eBook, you gain an appreciation for education.
23. The term life-long learning takes on an entirely different meaning when you embark on your eBook authoring journey. You are living this experience not just talking about it.
24. You are doing the world a favour by meeting the needs of niche markets that are often forgotten, dismissed or ignored by the standard publishers. Standard publishers have no interest in a market of 1000 to 10,000 people. But eBooks can reach this market and be profitable doing it. And much appreciated too. Analysis of your target market is a worthwhile experience in itself.
25. eBook authors are overwhelmed by their acceptance into the targeted niche market. Relationships are built, new friends are made, and communication is opened up through eBooks.
26. The thrill of checking your emails to see how many people have purchased your eBook - while you slept or were on vacation - is one that doesn't diminish. It's like magic that 4, 16, or 40 more sales occurred over the past few days while you carried on with life. It's exciting to know that others value what you have to offer and that you are making a difference in someone's life.
27. Identifying and working with niche markets opens up new worlds of opportunities for eBook authors. Working with several related niche target markets at the same time builds reputations and expands business opportunities.
28. Using the eBook as the focus on your business you can easily expand the goods and services you offer to your clients and customers. Consider the possibilities of an expanded business: CD/DVD versions of your eBook; other eBooks; teleseminars; workshops; training programs; consulting; coaching; joint ventures; affiliate marketing; web site hosting; keynote addresses; back of the room sales; co-authoring?
29. Authoring eBooks gives authors the opportunity to measure success in terms other than financial gain. This includes: contacts with people in a more intimate fashion, marketing to the world not just your local area, exchanging ideas with like-minded individuals, expanding your horizons for personal and professional development, satisfying your interest in sharing your expertise and passion, recognition for what you can offer to others, appreciation for small business owners?
30. eBook authors are on the leading edge of a technological revolution where portable devices like eBook readers will join the myriad of other devices transforming our lives. An entire generation is growing up with portable, instant, anywhere/anytime fulfillment of their needs. eBook sales are growing by 30-50% per year and will continue to grow as eBook reading devices improve. Current technology is providing eBook devices that are about the same size as a paperback with LED screens that making reading eBooks as easy on the eyes as reading a paperback.
It all adds up to just one thing! What an experience! What are you waiting for? Take your first step. Take a chance of a lifetime. Author an eBook.
© 2005 Paul Jackson
Paul Jackson is a published eBook author who has worked with hundreds of eBook authors helping them reach their dream of writing a book. His experiences with writing eBooks, conducting Book Camps, hosting teleseminars, doing workshops and coaching wannabe and published authors means eBook Authoring Services at http://www.ebookwritingandpublishing.com is a good source of information for all eBook authors.
7 Secrets to Explode your eBook Sales! Part 4
Secret #4: Creating passionate articles will explode your eBook sales!Copyright 2004 Bluedolphin Crow - All Rights Reserved.Aho,All the experts finally agreed on something.
7 Secrets to Explode your eBook Sales! Part 5
Secret #5: How to build steady sales for years to come with eBook Directories!Aho,Are you making this mistake in your business?Are you to busy to submit to more than a handful of eBook directories? Or worse yet, are you to busy to submit to even one!Stop! By all means take a minute to read this short and to the point article. It will help you to build steady sales for years to come.
eBook Publishers Dilemma: Should I Use PDF or Exe Format?
If you write and publish eBooks, sooner or later you will probably be faced with a dilemma - should you create your eBooks as .exe files or .
The True Purpose of a Tips Booklet
"My topic doesn't fit into a how-to tips format."That comment shows up periodically, and did again this week.
The Bible of Marketing Ebooks
The ebook from Michael Cheney really is the bible when it comes to make a successful website.I highly recommend this ebook.
Cashing In by Writing How-tos
If you enjoy explaining how something is done step by step, you may just have an saleable article or book idea. How-to articles and books are favorites at many magazine and book publishers.
How To Create Your Own Info Product
In the last article we talked about why informational products are the best type of products to sell online. An informational product can be a digital book (known as an e-book), a digital report or a white paper, a piece of software, audio or video files, a web site, an ezine (electronic magazine), or a newsletter.
E-book Security Anxiety
You are not alone. Tons of people are nervous that their e-book will be stolen and put on the black market (hmm, or the cyber black market, I guess you'd call it).
Internet Marketing - How to Write Your Own E-book
I tell you now the first e-book I ever wrote sat in my directory for a few months. I was scared out of my wits to actually put it out there incase the reaction was "bad".
How to Use eBook for Marketing and Promotion
There are innumerable ways to use ebooks to promote your business and drive quality traffic to your website. Once posted on your site, you can turn them into a daily course, which brings your customer back to read the next chapter.
10 Steps to Author 1 eBook
Authoring a book, specifically an eBook (electronic book), is easy, affordable and profitable. Share your expertise and experience with an international on-line community of learners.
The Problem With E-Books
One of the most popular online ventures is selling e-books. People are hungry for information; that's why they're on the Web in the first place.
How to Price Your eBook
You've written and compiled an ebook. Now you have to decide how much to charge for it.
5 Tips To Help you start self publishing for profit
Here's a really simple way..
Benefits of Ebooks for Your Business
No matter what type of home-based business you operate, chances are ebooks are already or should be part of it. Most of us are familiar with the term and probably have seen at least one ebook, but you may not have realized how beneficial they could be for your business.
The Secrets to Writing Your Very Own Profit Pulling eBook!
I can guarantee that anyone can write an ebook. Everyone has their own interests which they can talk confidently about in depth and detail.
The Story of a Downsized Manager and His Ebook Business
If you've been following the business and economic news around the globe, you should know about how unemployment rates have hit year lows. The recent economic downturn was one of the worse in history and has affected loads of people.
Ebooks - How To Bring Them Into The Market
So, you have decided to start an ebook business. The question: what kind of ebook are you going to sell and how to bring it into the market?The first thing you should know before bringing a product into the market is: SUPPLY + NO DEMAND = NO SALES.
Top Ten Tips To Get Started Writing Your Book - Part 1
You are far more likely to successfully write and publish your book if you follow these tips before you [start writing] write a single chapter. 1.
10 Ways To Make Money With eBooks
Ask any internet marketing "guru" and they will tell you the same thing:"Sooner or later you will have to have your own product to sell."The fact is, the easiest product to make and sell is an ebook.
home | site map
All articles are copyright to their owners.
Note: this website lists articles, We do not Write Articles !