List Categories | List All Articles | List Articles By Title
10 Tips for Successful Ezine Advertising
If you're like most people starting out on the Internet,you've been along this well-worn path:
You try free classified ad sites and get bombarded with spam by people trying to sell you stuff.
You try banner exchange programs and get a handful of click-throughs.
You finally get into the top twenty results in the Search Engines, and then a week later your site has dropped back to number 150.
The Internet may the largest market in human history, but how on earth do you reach those millions of people?
Well, the answer is ezine advertising.
Its the surest way on the Web of reaching your target audience.
Ezines (short for 'electronic magazines') are email newsletters that are sent out regularly to subscribers, like the one you're reading. They're sometimes called 'opt-in' lists because everyone who receives an ezine has chosen to do so.
And that's why ezine advertising gets results. People read ezines and they'll read your ad. And if you've matched the ezine to the product you're selling, you've reached your target audience.
Have a look at the ads in your favorite ezine - why are they there? Because they get results.
There are currently around 90,000 ezines being published every month. So whatever you're selling, there's more than likely an ezine that will take your ad straight to the audience you want to reach.
Ezine advertising is not only effective, its cheap as well. A 5-line ad in an ezine that goes to 3000 people will cost you between $5 and $20 per issue.
As a general rule, you'll always get back at least the cost of the ad, and usually much more. So there's very little risk.
But there are some tips for successful ezine advertising. Here they are:
1. The first and most important rule in ezine advertising is: "Track your Ads!". You might place your ad in 5 different ezines and get a hundred responses, but if you don't track your ads, you won't know which ezines were pulling responses and which weren't.
To advertise effectively in ezines, you must learn from experience - its a process of trial and error. Eventually, you'll end up with a handful of ezines that you know are bringing you a high response rate. After that, just keep placing your ads in those ezines and you'll have a guaranteed stream of customers.
But how do you track your ads?
The simplest method is to place a key or a code at the end of your email address. If your ad was in this ezine (for example), this is the email address you'd place with the ad:
Then, when you get a reply with 'freezine' in the subject field, you'll know which ezine it came from.
For a URL, it's the same principle:
However, if you're going to code your URLs, you'll need a sophisticated webstats program to track the coded URLs. Here are a couple of free ones:
Here's another way to code your URLs : for every ezine ad, create a duplicate of your homepage and name the page after the ezine that your ad will appear in. So, if the ad is appearing in Ezine A, this is the URL you'd place in that ad:
Again, you'll need to use a good web stats program to track the hits to your coded URLs.
2. The second rule is to target your audience. It may seem obvious but some advertisers overlook this. If you're selling a web-marketing course, don't advertise in an ezine that deals with stock options; they probably won't be interested.
Use the 'subject categories' in any ezine directory to find ezines that relate to the product you're selling. You can find a list of 60 ezine directories in 'The Free Directory of Ezines' at:
3. Once you've chosen a number of ezines that target your audience, subscribe to them and examine the ads closely. If you see an ad that keeps repeating issue after issue, you can be pretty sure that its getting results. You've found a good ezine to advertise in.
4. Check to see how many ads are in the ezine. You don't want your ad lost in an ezine farm at the bottom of the newsletter. You probably won't get much response from an ad in an ezine that has 15 or 20 ads per issue. Readers of those ezines have become hardened to the ads and have learnt to skip them.
5. Check to see if the ezine publisher has a policy of never running ads for two similar products in the same issue - your ad will be much more effective if its the only one of its kind in that particular issue.
6. Small ezines vs. Big ezines: bigger is not always better. The big ezines with 1000's of subscribers tend to have more ads than the small ezines. Also, small ezines with only a few hundred subscribers often have a much more targeted audience than the big ezines.
7. Repeat your ads. Research shows that off the Web, an ad has to be seen about 21 times before someone acts on it; on the Internet its about 9 times. If your budget allows, try and have your ad repeated at least three times in a particular ezine. Most ezines offer discount packages for bulk advertising.
8. Email address vs. URL. Opinions are divided on this; some people prefer to give an email address, others prefer to give a URL. The advantage of giving an email address is that it gives you the opportunity to send a powerful sales letter to the person who responded to your ad. Its also much easier to track your ads with an email address than a URL.
9. Offer something free in your ad copy. It'll often tip the balance between a response and no response.
10. Keep your ads short, even if you're not using the number of words you're allowed. Short ads are more likely to be read. Keep your sentences short too; they pack much more power. Use the word 'You'. Don't describe your product but tell the reader what your product can do for them.
How to Make Your Newsletter Have Raving Fans!
Would you like to have a newsletter with barely satisfied subscribers who take a look at each issue and then remove it, or loyal readers who can't wait to get your next issue?A truly successful newsletter doesn't have just a bunch of subscribers, but "raving fans" who have a strong relationship with you.But how can you have such a winning newsletter?#1.
Volcanically Erupt Your Online Newsletter, Ezine or e-Course Opt-Ins in No Time Flat
Are you ready to build your opt in email list quickly?Matt Bacak, ThePowerful Promoter's techniques will help reveal new paths to have subscribers come to you. The Powerful Promoter, Internet marketing guru, shares his secrets for creating an explosion of opt-in email subscribers.
Grow Your Business with a Newsletter
You find a Web site or receive an email about an online store with cool products that you'd like to order, but not right now. Either you file the email or bookmark the Web site.
Five Ways To Promote Your Ezine
After you've spent countless hours creating and publishing your own newsletter online, you still have to consider the fact that merely adding it to your website will not make it an overnight success.You need to attract subscribers.
Three Ways You can Use the Ezines to Increase Your Sales
***1. FIRST PROMOTIONAL METHOD: Write ezine articles and submit to ezine publishers-Writing ezine articles is one of the three best promotional methods that I'd ever know.
Increase Your Ezine Sign-up Rate By 500% or More Starting Today
If you're satisfied with a newsletter subscription rate of five to ten percent, then you don't need any of the information I'm about to share with you. If you're serious about converting up to 50%, or more of your website visitors into newsletter subscribers, though, then read on.
How To Write Your Newsletter
So how do you set about writing your own newsletter?The first thing you need to do is decide on a topic that you are interested in and your potential customers would also like to know more about. Then all you need to do is decide if you have enough knowledge on that subject to write confidently about it, and if you don't, there are ways around that too.
Entrepreneurs - 3 Ways You Can Profit From Newsletters Without Writing Them Yourself
I'm sure you have heard many online marketers touting the benefits of having a newsletter. I have used newsletters in the past for many sites.
Marketing Your Home Business through Newsletters
Newsletters are a wonderful way to market your business when on a budget. You can opt to write them yourself or hire a writer to do the job for you.
13 Ways To A Build A List Of Readers Of Your Ezine
If you have an ezine or online newsletter you want to send it to potential customers. In order to send it you need a list of people who want to receive it.
Top 10 Reasons to Use a Blog to Publish Your Ezine
Blogs are the hottest thing going these days when it comes to marketing on the Internet. A blog is a delivery medium.
Ezines Are Effective In Advertising Your Online Business?
'Ezines are the most cost effective way to advertise your business opportunity'. I'm sure you've heard that phrase many times if you've been marketing on the internet for a while.
Improve Your Online Network With A Powerful Ezine
Many online business owners and marketers use a variety of tools to make their business successful. Good strategies include maintaining a web site, publishing an ezine, joining affiliate programs, advertising on other people's ezines, and much, much more.
5 Ways to Use Your Software to Build Your Optin List and Get Traffic
With all of the software creation products available these days, many of us Internet Marketers have an abundance of products that we can use to drive traffic to our websites.If this sounds like you, I suggest you try the following five ideas to boost your traffic, sales, and optin list:1.
How Your Advice Column Can Build Loyal Readers
Last year while researching a book on memorable speeches and essays, I stumbled across an ageless writing technique that continues to captivate readers.Advice articles first appeared several hundred years ago.
Ezine Advertising Deals Revealed
Ezine (electronic magazine) advertising is a great method for exposing your offer to a targeted audience (niche). This type of advertising can be quite expensive though if you don't know what to look for.
Guaranteed Ways to Build Up Your Ezine List
Here are tips gleaned from roughly 5 years spent building up an ezine list. I've also incorporated comments and tips from Jenna Glatzer, who successfully built her list up to 75,000 at her excellent site, www.
How To Choose the Right Ezines For Your Ads
Do you feel bewildered when you begin an Ezine Advertising campaign?I do.Take 'The Free Directory of Ezines', for example.
Newsletters in Plain Text or HTML - Which Work Better?
A common question asked when you first set out to write an email newsletter is whether it should be a plain text email or HTML (web page style). This is an important consideration since your choice impacts on how many people read your newsletter and how they respond to it.
How to Make Your eZine Work for You Long After Its Published
If you publish an email newsletter, do you convert the issues to HTML and archive them on your website? If you haven't been doing so, you should start now, today."But the free mailing service I use already archives them.
home | site map
All articles are copyright to their owners.
Note: this website lists articles, We do not Write Articles !