List Categories | List All Articles | List Articles By Title
Writing e-Newsletters - Tricks of the Trade
Follow 10 simple rules of thumb, and you'll soon be writing great e-newsletters and reaping the rewards.
Company e-newsletters can be an amazingly successful marketing technique. Whether you want to up-sell or cross-sell, establish your brand or establish your authority, or simply reach a wider market, an e-newsletter can do the job for you. You just have to make sure you write it right.
Television, radio, and print advertising are often too expensive for many businesses to justify - especially small businesses. Fortunately, there is an alternative. Today's internet and email technologies make company newsletters a very inexpensive, yet surprisingly effective, form of advertising. When it comes to newsletters, big companies and small are finally competing on a level playing field.
So what is an email newsletter?
An emailed newsletter serves much the same purpose as a traditional company newsletter. Think of it as a short newspaper - but instead of relating to a town, city or country, it relates to your business. You can include articles on new products or services, awards, recent success stories and case studies, promotions, specials, share price rises, company events, research? And if it's a quiet month, you can simply write articles that might help your customers out.
10 Steps to Success
Follow 10 simple rules of thumb, and you'll soon be writing great newsletters and reaping the rewards?
1) Keep It New! Your readers won't waste time reading something they already know, so make it news they can use.
2) Keep it personal: Always use your reader's name. Make sure when someone signs up, you get their name, then use it in the subject line, in the greeting, and anywhere else you can.
3) Know your reader: Find out what your reader is interested in. Do some pro-active research, invite response, or find an email marketing solution such as Ezemail** that tracks the links your readers click on and keeps a history of their activity.
4) Let them know you: Let your personality shine through. Readers are far more likely to become loyal if they feel they know you. Always include a bit of you in the newsletter, whether it's humour, personal details, personal anecdotes, or personal views.
5) Subject is Headline: The subject line of an email newsletter is like a front-page headline in a newspaper. You need to draw the reader in, so make it engaging and relevant (maybe promise a benefit) but no more than 25 characters so your reader can see it all before opening the email.
6) Use a Title bar: Make the most of the title bar to add visual appeal and establish brand awareness.
7) Make it 'scannable': Most people don't read online - they scan. Make sure you use easy-to-read bullet points and sub-headings. Don't lose your reader's attention. Reading is physically more difficult online, so make sure you're concise. Use links to other places instead of writing long articles.
8) Use White space!: If your page is too busy, you'll lose your reader. Give them a chance to absorb valuable information by dedicating about 30% of your screen real estate to white space.
9) Easy unsubscribe: Make your unsubscribe easy to find. If it's obvious, they'll feel safe and can then appreciate the content. To many people, the ease of unsubscribing is an indicator of the integrity of your company.
10) Forward to a friend: Include a link to encourage readers to forward the newsletter on to their friends and colleagues. Find an email marketing solution which allows you to do this and sit back and watch your database grow!
About The Author
* Glenn Murray is an SEO copywriter and Article Submission Specialist. He is a director of PublishHub and also of copywriting studio Divine Write. He can be contacted on Sydney +612 4334 6222 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit http://www.divinewrite.com or http://www.publishhub.com for further details, more FREE articles, or to purchase his e-book, 'SEO Secrets'.
Newsletter Publishing Tips
I can't think of a better way to sell your products and keep your readers coming back for more than publishing a newsletter.It's worked for both online and offline businesses and it continues to rank high among sales promotional tools.
Five Ways to Energize Your Newsletter
Whether distributed via e-mail or printed and snail-mailed, newsletters are a great way for a business or an organization to keep in touch with employees, customers, prospects or association members in a cost-effective manner. The trick, however, is to come up with a strategy to keep readers engaged and the publication's production and editorial adjustments in line with current budgets.
Email Newsletter Marketing Is Alive and Well: The Case for Continuing Newsletter Efforts
With the arrival of syndication or RSS technology, many claim the email newsletter is dead. Not true.
Practical Strategies To Boost Your Ezine Readership
Do you have a fresh ezine ready to start taking subscribers but don't know how to attract them?Maybe you have a list already operating that you want to enhance.There are many practical methods available online that can be applied to either situation, some free and some not.
When Good Newsletters Go Bad: How to Avoid the Rut and Capture Hearts
The wizard in Wizard of Oz and the guy behind the curtain pretending to be him have different personalities. Which one would you rather listen to? The wizard comes across as bigger than life and unreachable.
Fishing For Ezine Subscribers
The Bible tells the tale of the fishermen who were just not catching a thing. Jesus came along and told them to cast their nets on the other side of the boat, which they did.
Article Distribution: How Will Your Results Vary?
It's not enough to just sit around and expect that your articles will bring you a good amount of traffic right after you submitted your articles for distribution.Might as well think of some factors? Is your article worthy to be reprinted? Do the content and title ring a bell to most webmasters and publishers?Questions like these are just some of the many factors that could greatly affect your article distribution results.
10 Effective Ways To Gain More New Ezine Subscribers
1. Swap ads with other ezine publishers.
6 Easy Ways to Promote Your Ezine Articles
If you think you can't brand yourself because you're not a major corporation, think again.You can easily establish yourself as an expert by writing quality articles and submitting them to ezines and directories.
Success With Newsletters
Newsletters really DO work! With just a small amount of effort on your part they will work for you, even if your marketing budget a small.Customer orientated newsletters are a wonderful way to market your business when on a budget.
Advertising in Newsletters
In this article we will discuss advertising in other companies' newsletters and how it can be as equally beneficial.By advertising in other newsletters, you can reach an audience which is highly targeted and cost effective.
Ezine List Building-Wealth Mentor Teaches 5 Easy Steps To Skyrocket Your Subscriptions and Profits
Would you like an Internet Marketing tool that can put your efforts on autopilot?In a recent interview for the List Crusade program, Matt Bacak revealed what he called the "foundation" for automatically building a successful and profitable ezine.(Note: To access Matt Bacak's complete audio interview for fre^e, see end of article)A little about Matt: He was the leading facilitator for Robert Kiyosaki's (of Rich Dad, Poor Dad fame) Cash Flow 101 program.
The Power of Newsletters
When discussing the possibility of creating a newsletter for one of my clients, he asked me, "How will a newsletter help me get sales?""Great question," I replied. Here's how:A newsletter is a form of contact, just like a phone call, visit or direct mail postcard.
Article Marketing: How to Submit Your Articles at Turbo Speed
Want to become an article-writing machine? Here are a few tricks for submitting articles on the internet at top speed and accuracy.As always, you should first type your article text into a Word document and save it on your hard drive.
5 Quick Ways To Increase Your E-zines Subscriber Base
Welcome to all of you out in netland.If you have been doing any type of "m.
Marketing Your Home Business through Newsletters
Newsletters are a wonderful way to market your business when on a budget. You can opt to write them yourself or hire a writer to do the job for you.
The Public Speaking List Machine
Do you do public speaking? Then you've got an automatic list machine!Remember that in business, your fortune is in your follow-up. And publishing an ezine is the easiest, most automatic, and least expensive way to do this for you.
Increase Your Business Success With A Free Newsletter
Publishing a free newsletter is an effective and inexpensive marketing strategy with several business benefits. Here are some of those benefits:1.
Learn the Five Facts Why Ezine Is the Ultimate Promotion Tool!
What you are about to read will change your way of promoting your products or services. Now that I got your attention, I will share to you six facts why ezine is the ultimate promotion tool.
3 Steps to Creating Your Own Ezine to Increase Web Site Traffic!
What if I showed you a simple way to increase web site traffic that could sky-rocket your sales and make you an internet expert.Would you be interested?I sure hope so?First, you have to remember the primary reason people get on to the internet.
home | site map
All articles are copyright to their owners.
Note: this website lists articles, We do not Write Articles !