List Categories | List All Articles | List Articles By Title
Mother's Day Crafts
Make these quick and easy crafts with your children for Mother's day. These can be handmade for Mom or Grandma!
Flower Pens for Mom
Is your mom always looking for a pen around the house, and can't find one? Well make this pen and she'll spot it right away!
What You'll Need
? Bic Pen (ball point)
? silk flower
? floral foam
? low temp hot glue gun
? floral tape
? paint or markers
? small notepaper or Post-It pads
? small to medium sized terra cotta pot
How To Do It
Note: Adult supervision is needed when using a glue gun.
1. Start by decorating the flower pot. Have the child be creative! They can use colorful designs or patterns. Have them use paint or markers. Let dry while you move on to the next step.
2. Remove the cover from the pen and set aside.
3. Choose a nice big silk flower - sunflowers and carnations work well! Pop the silk flower off of its stem. Put a dab of glue on the end of the pen, and push the flower on to the end, right into the glue. Hold in place for about 30 seconds to secure.
4. Use floral tape to wrap over the seam of the flower and the end of the pen. Continue wrapping all the way down to the tip. The floral tape will adhere better if you give it a slight tug as you are pulling it.
5. After the pot is dry, add a small piece of floral foam to the center of the pot (about 2"x2"), securing it with the glue gun. Then add a small dab of glue to the pen cover and push into center of foam.
6. Slide the pen into the cover, and surround with a few pieces of paper or post it note pads.
Fingerprint Flower Frame
This is a memorable keepsake for mom. She will show it off with pride!
What You'll Need
? 4 large wooden craft sticks
? washable paints
? white glue
? magnet strip
? picture of child
How To Do It
1. Start by laying out the 4 wooden craft sticks. Arrange them to form the frame and glue together.
2. Paint the child's fingertip, and then press onto the craft stick to form a fingerprint. Repeat this several times, alternating colors if you wish. Make sure to leave enough space in between each fingerprint to embellish the flowers with petals, etc.
3. Have the child write a message to mom on part of the sticks if desired!
4. Wash hands and let sticks dry.
5. When the craft sticks are dry, have the child use markers to decorate the fingerprints. Add petals, stems and leaves. Be sure to leave at least one fingerprint to make a friendly creature like a butterfly or ladybug!
6. Add your child's name and date to the back of the frame.
7. Adhere the picture to the back of the frame and add a piece of magnetic strip so mom can hang on the fridge!
Pam Lester is the owner and creator of http://www.TheIdeaBox.com. The site offers free kids crafts, recipes, games and activities for parents, teachers and caregivers. Please visit TheIdeaBox.com for more great ideas!
Kids Birthdays - How to Throw an Unforgettable Kids Birthday Party
Kids take their birthdays very seriously, and are extremely disappointed if their birthday parties are anything short of spectacular. Throwing an unforgettable kids birthday party can sometimes seem like a task better suited for a professional event planner.
Fathers Day Origins and Inspiration
While mothers have had their special day since 1914, fathers have only recently officially received the recognition they so richly deserve. After all, dad is the pillar of the family unit, the one who made us feel safe, loved to tickle and tease, and above all gave us a sense of security.
Colored Contacts For Halloween - Make Sure YOU Dont Go Bump In The Night!
Ok, the end of October is approaching, and you desperately want some colored contacts for Halloween. Why? Well, possibly because no one else will have any, maybe because you like to go that extra yard when you dress up, or maybe you want to get your own back on one of the neighbours kids for frightening your cat.
Making Time to Write this Holiday Season
As the countdown to Christmas day continues, most everyone is naturally all wrapped up in preparing for the big day (and the eve of the big day and the day after the big day?).Whether it's shopping, baking, or hosting holiday gatherings, you are probably engaged in time-consuming activities related to the season.
10 Holiday Sober Savers 2004
1.) BEGIN NOW !!!Don't save your shopping, decorating, cooking, wrapping, and cleaning for the last minute.
The History of Christmas Ornaments
History of OrnamentsIn A.D.
Stress-Free Party Planning
It's a fact; most of us feel immediately stressed and harassed at the thought of having to organize a party or special dinner.We spend hours trying to make everything perfect, preparing the most elaborate dishes, struggling over fiddly, expensive decorations, spending more money than we can afford to impress our guests.
Easter Traditions: Seven Ways To Add Meaning To Your Family Celebration
Family traditions connect us to past and future generations. They provide meaning and connection, as well as a sense of ritual and comfort.
Christmas Lights Add Sparkle To The Holidays
Electric Christmas lights have been around since the 1880's. It is no wonder they are still around and being enjoyed by so many.
Seven Valentine's Day Tips for Spouses in "Less-Than-Perfect" Marriages
Valentine's Day can be a depressing day when you're in an unhappy or shaky marriage. In every store or advertisement you see romantic cards, heart-shaped boxes of candy, or select jewelry for the special lover's day.
Tools and Tips for Keeping the Holidays Organized
It's November 1st. You've walked into your favorite store to buy half-priced Halloween candy and what do you see? Christmas decorations! "Oh, no!" you think to yourself.
Ideas For Toddler Halloween Costumes
Depending on the age of your little ones, you may want to keep ideas for toddler Halloween costumes on the simple side. Since most of the very youngest trick or treaters are only going out to amuse the grandparents and immediate neighbors, it needn't be terribly complicated to still bring a lot of smiles.
Holiday Dieting: A Sweet Way To Cheat!
If your diet is making you a humbug this season, there's some good news. Turns out dark chocolate, that decadent confection, may actually be good for you!Yes, recently conducted studies published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition have shown that a dose of dark chocolate will heed all sorts of healthy results.
Samanthas Bay Leaf Ritual for the New Year
HI would like to share with you a ritual I do every New Year's that is quite involved and requires a lot of thought and meditation time. It is derived from an ancient Greek ritual for prosperity and fertility.
Perfect Presents for Mom
Every year we search our brains for a unique, exciting gift for Mom. We have bought flowers, candy, jewelry, pictures of our kids and us.
A Medieval Story for Valentines Day, Bonne & Charles
The general word on the Internet is the first Valentine card was sent in 1415. It's not accurate and it's not true.
Easy Costumes Kids Can Make
The kindergarten class I was teaching was scheduled to perform a dramatic recitation. We needed several flower and bumblebee costumes.
How to Host Thankgiving Dinner and Enjoy it Anyway
You've been nominated; or perhaps your family has issued a decree; or perhaps it's simply your turn. No matter what the reason, you're hosting Thanksgiving dinner this year.
Low On Cash For Christmas? Try Gifts in a Jar
Time is money, and right now you don't have either the time or the money to answer the call of the shopping mall at Christmas. The only way you can show your friends love, peace on earth, goodwill towards men is by shopping at Macy's, so you think.
Ready for Christmas? Enjoy an Organized Holiday This Year
1. Keep a stack of directions TO your place for people who need to know how to get to your home or office.
home | site map
All articles are copyright to their owners.
Note: this website lists articles, We do not Write Articles !