List Categories | List All Articles | List Articles By Title
Make Your Home Secure
The following list offers some inexpensive ways to make your home secure:
* Do not leave a ladder outside of your home. A thief could easily, and they do, gain entrance to a second story window.
* Always ask for ID when service men come to your home. Do not let your children answer the door. Don't be afraid to call the company for verification BEFORE you let them inside your home.
* Do not keep excess cash around your house. Keep it in a safety deposit box at your bank. If you must keep cash at home, hide it NOT in the kitchen or your bedroom, as that is the first place a thief will look.
* Take pictures of your heirlooms and personal items for identification at some later time.
* Mark all electronic equipment with a permanent etching of your name and drivers license number or social security number. This process makes it hard for the thief to sell your property, and easy for you to identify and get returned to you.
* Never leave notes on your front door announcing your absence. This may seem incredible, but people do this all of the time. You might as well put up a neon sign giving your time of return also.
* Keep an eye out for a strange vehicle on your block. It could be a thief checking out the whereabouts of you or your neighbors. Write down the vehicle description and the license number. Don't be ashamed to call the Police to report a suspicious vehicle.
* Purchase a timer that will turn on your lights automatically and light up your house when you are away.
* If you are going on vacation, arrange to have your lawn mowed, your paper picked-up, leaves raked and snow shoveled. Make it look like you are home.
* Have the post office hold your mail until you return.
* Leave your furnace or central air on low so that people can hear it start up once in a while. This tells burglars that you won't begone for long.
* If you ever arrive home, and your door is open, or you see obvious signs of forced entry, DO NOT GO INSIDE, call the Police. Don't be a hero!
Robert Nelson is a staff writer at Spy Supply Depot, where all kinds of Self Defense & Surveillance Equipment are available. Feel free to visit their website: http://www.spysupplydepot.com
How to Select the Best Laminate Flooring for You
Hardwood flooring - its' traditional look is almost timeless, its' beauty is unmatchable. However, it's pretty hard to maintain a hardwood floor, not to mention the price you have to pay for it.
Design Psychology: Fabrics
From a riot of color in bold chintzes to the gentle rustle of taffeta, fabrics influence our mental attitude in many subtle and not so subtle ways. Playful patterns make us smile, while mixing prints and solids can present a paradox of dynamic energy.
Hiring a Waterproofing Contractor
According to the National Association of Waterproofing and Structural Repair Contractors (NAWSRC), consumers can take several steps to ensure they find the right contractor for their job. A leaky roof, basement or unprotected foundation can cost thousands of dollars worth of damage and significantly decrease a home's value.
Hardwood Floor Refinishing - For The Faint of Heart
Are your beautiful hardwood floors not so beautiful anymore? Maybe they just need a refinishing job. It can be a daunting task, but here are some ideas to make it a little easier.
Refinishing A Hardwood Floor
Want to bring your hardwood floors back to their former beauty, but don't have the money? Then read on for some tips on how you can refinish the floor yourself.If you have the time and don't mind doing the work, then refinishing your floors yourself is a great option but before starting out, it's not a bad idea to get an estimate from a professional so you can compare the cost of doing it yourself to what they would charge.
Interior Design For Babies
Babies, babies, babies-yes the topic of this article is based on interior design for nurseries. The new arrival of a baby brings a time of thankfulness and joy into all parents' lives.
Styles And Varieties Of Locking Mailboxes For Sale
Locking mailboxes made from durable, weatherproof materials are highly desirable due to the built in safety features and the long-lasting exterior. Your mail will arrive safely and be waiting for you upon your return when you purchase and install a locking mailbox on your property.
Family Fun - Is Swimming In A Safe Pool
Family fun is one of the most important things you can strive for to give your children some lasting memories they will always cherish; even into adulthood. Your children will always remember the times you spent together as a family on vacation or at home.
What to Look For in a Drill Press
A drill press, also known as a pillar drill, is the stationary form of a hand-held drill. The advantage of the drill-press over the hand drill is the tool's accuracy and power.
Basement Waterproofing Advice
Basements need to be waterproofed for many reasons. Cracks in the walls, leaking windows and pipe condensation are probably the most common reasons basements have water build-up problems.
Hot Tubs Create a Backyard Oasis
What would you like in the backyard that is great for entertaining, would be a focal point and can be enjoyed by the whole family? Hot tubs could be what you are looking for. Immersing in hot or warm water goes back centuries to Greek, Japanese and Roman texts.
Complete Home Rehab In 10 Days
This report is about taking a house and restoring it to an aesthetically pleasing dwelling that has reclaimed it's functional utility. In effect, it is the anti-aging medication for bricks and mortar.
Security in Todays World
There are many things in life that are worth protecting. Our children, our valuables, our resources and of course, ourselves.
Seven Interior Design Psychology Ideas for Dining Pleasure
A separate dining room adds glamour, elegance, and excitement to a shared meal. Celebratory, sociable space, apart from the confusion of the kitchen, makes every dinner more meaningful.
Building A Pair Of Heavy Duty Saw Horses
Start out by measuring and cutting all your stock according to the cutting list and set it aside. Take the legs and mark out the tapers.
Ceiling Fans - That Dont Require The Ceiling
The trend in remodeling homes is to expand the outdoor backyard or patio into a lovely room where you can entertain. It just makes sense to extend your surroundings to be more useful.
How To Give Your Home More Space
Have you been wondering how to free up space in your home? Do you live in a dorm or an efficiency where every inch of space counts?Maybe you're tired of trying to come up with ideas on how to reduce the clutter? Or don't know where to start?If you don't know where to start and feel like you're backed into a corner then maybe this is your solution to the problem.Let me introduce you to the top-to-bottom-strategy.
Remodel Your Kitchen or Bathroom For The Best ROI!
Trying to decide which home improvement project to tackle next? To start you must decide if you are remodeling to improve an area of your home that is in need of some TLC or if you are remodeling to maximize your Return On Investment (ROI). If a specific area in your home needs TLC then your decision is straight forward.
The Truth About Honda Pressure Washers
"What they don't tell you about Honda Pressure Washers"I recently received the following e-mail regarding honda pressure washers:"I was unaware Honda made pressure washers. I can get one locally now that I have seen your web page".
Help With Buying A New Ceiling Fan
When you are choosing a new ceiling fan there are a couple of things that you really need to think about before you go out and make a purchase. If you do not think and plan before purchasing your new ceilnig fan, there is a chance that it will not perform the way you want it to or it might not even fit in the space allocated.
home | site map
All articles are copyright to their owners.
Note: this website lists articles, We do not Write Articles !