List Categories | List All Articles | List Articles By Title
10 Things To Consider Before Planning And Installing A New Bathroom
Whether you want to install a new bathroom or make improvements to an existing one there are some decisions you need to make and challenges to overcome. A bathroom must be tailored to your requirements and every plan will vary depending on the planner's needs.
1. Seek professional advice before planning a bathroom. You may need to consider local water regulations, existing plumbing facilities and the way your house is constructed.
2. Define the role and requirements of the new bathroom. Planning a bathroom involves more than the positioning of basic fixtures such as the bath, basin and toilet. Make sure your plan allows for plenty of floor for wall space and for extras such as towel rail, mirror and storage.
3. Decide if you need to make any changes to existing services and whether structural work is required. Measure up and note the position of the existing services, windows and doors and work out the plan to get the bathroom fixtures where you want them. You'll also need to decide if you need to move any doors, windows or walls and whether you need to make changes to the electricity wiring, water and drains.
4. Draw out the bathroom area on graph paper and work out how best to divide up the bathroom for different purposes or tasks. You may need to consider whether to use double or sliding doors, archways or curtains.
5. Ensure that you have enough space to accommodate your chosen fittings as well as enough room to move them into position. Think about how much room will be required for toiletries, storing towels, medicines etc.
6. Build in utilities such as heating, ventilation and lighting. These are important to ensure that your bathroom has enough light and works efficiently.
7. Make provisions for future plumbing and allow for access to potential trouble spots such as the shower pump and boxed-in toilet cisterns. If possible, fit removable panels instead of sealing these utilities behind fixed walls.
8. Find out exactly what sort of fittings you require and whether they will be suitable for the intended location.
9. Think about your style preferences in terms of the fit and flow with the rest of the house. There are products to meet most requirements or designs. Consider the trade off between price and good quality, and look out for longer warranties and guarantees.
10. Consider traffic patterns in terms of how many people will be using the bathroom and how often. Also, if people of varying ages use the bathroom, you may need to choose fittings that cater for different age groups in your household such as a slide shower so you can adjust the height of the spray.
Taking time to plan ahead can help to translate your ideas into reality and ensure that you end up with your ideal bathroom.
This article may be reprinted as long as all the above links are active and clickable.
How To Find Cat Mailboxes
You can add a personal touch to your home or give a personalized gift that will be treasured for years with a handcrafted cat mailbox. Choose from adorable wall mount, house mount, or freestanding mailboxes adorned with your favorite feline in playful, adorable designs.
Log Homes - Finding the Perfect Log Home Plan
One of the first steps in building a log home is deciding on a floorplan. Many people spends months, or even years, searching for the perfect plan.
Electrical Home Inspection: What You Need to Know!
Whether you're buying a home, or just moving in to your new home, here is some advice that can help you. If you're in the buying process the things you will be looking for are safety and repair aspects.
Are Showers Harmful to Your Health?
The last thing you would think about when you are taking a nice, refreshing shower is, "Am I jeopardizing my health"?Chlorine is used by many municipalities to disinfect their water supply.Unfortunalely, according to many health experts, chlorine has been linked to breast, bladder and colon cancer.
Pool Supplies Should Also Contain Safety
A swimming pool with attached spa has just been installed in your backyard. Now you are ready to invite your friends for a big splashy pool party - or are you? Do you have all of the pool supplies you need to maintain your new fiberglass pool? Do you have the chemicals, pool toys, covers, automatic cleaners, pool heater, ladders, liners, slides, diving boards and on and on? You can see pool supplies can add up quickly.
What to Know Before Signing a Home Improvement Contract
It is important to be a very careful consumer when it comes to home improvement contractors. For instance, I had a case where my client, an elderly and blind woman, signed a contract and paid $30,000.
Get the Lead Out: Candle Wicks in the US
According to the National Candle Association (NCA), most US-manufactured candle wicking is made of cotton or cotton-paper combinations. Nearly 90% of the candles made in the United States (i.
The Techno-Witch and Magickal Appliances
My favourite episode of Bugs Bunny is the one where Bugs turns into a witch and says: "We ride vacuum cleaners now".It is true that the vacuum cleaner can be substituted for a broom to do a spell.
Got Attic Mold? Lets Talk Energy Conservation!
It happens to countless homeowners around the end of the year - you make the annual visit to your attic to collect the holiday decorations and what do you find? Spots and blotches covering the bottom of the roof sheathing.Worse yet - it turns out to be attic mold!What does energy conservation have to do with mold in the attic? Well if you take a step back and consider how the house behaves as system, they are often directly related.
What is Injection Waterproofing?
Injection waterproofing is often used to fill and seal cracks and crevices. The material is most often made from a polyurethane compound.
Single Pane Glass Repair in an Aluminum Frame, Part 2
This week we are going to continue our series on single pane window glass repair. Let's talk about broken glass in a fixed window, usually referred to as a picture window.
Heart of the Home
It started with my need for a new mixer. OK.
Buyers Guide To Heavy-Built Mailboxes
If you are tired of replacing your mailbox every few months due to vandals or just poor quality construction, you need a heavy-built mailbox. Some of the more common reasons for purchasing a heavy-built mailbox are destruction by vandals, snowplow or street sweeper damage, or just a poorly built mailbox that will not stand up to harsh or extreme weather conditions.
What Does It Take To Be An Interior Designer?
When trying to decide if Interior Design is right for you, it helps to know what that really means. Interior Design is not simply the profession that "makes rooms and places pretty"; it takes a little bit more than that.
Are You In or Out of Balance?
CLUTTER: When clutter starts to accumulate in an environment, imbalance in our personal, professional and social lives always follows. This can range from health and financial challenges to struggle and conflict with friends, family, co workers, affiliates, as well as with buyers and sellers.
A Place For Everything And Everything In Its Place
Tax season is over..
Tips for Choosing Log Furniture
If you just love that rustic look, and are finally ready to finally buy log furniture for your home, there are a number of "rules of thumb" that can help you in making good choices.Begin by considering the overall style of your home.
Wall Oven - A Necessity For The Disabled
Wall ovens, available in electric and gas forms, are best ovens for the people with disabilities. The ovens can be placed considering the required height of the user, and the controls can also be placed within the reach of the standing or sitting user.
Add Value To Your Home With A Home Improvement Loan
Buying a home is a big and important investment for most people, and understandably property owners want to keep their home in good condition and looking great. However, carrying out home improvements can be difficult if finances are tight and this is where a home improvement loan could really help.
Home Remodeling Business
Need for home remodelingThe need for home remodeling is on the rise as many people like the neighborhood they live in and the affordability of their existing homes. By incurring a little cost they can remodel their old houses to increase space and add new amenities.
home | site map
All articles are copyright to their owners.
Note: this website lists articles, We do not Write Articles !