List Categories | List All Articles | List Articles By Title
Chester Conservatory Build Process
1. The site of the proposed conservatory.
2. Construction work begins. The trench is excavated to suit the relevant ground conditions, in this case, to a depth of 450mm (minimum depth) for the footings. The general ground level (within the area of the trench) is also reduced to a minimum of 300 mm below the DPC. Excavation exposes an underground pipe.
3. Concrete lintels should be placed to bridge the underground drainage pipe to prevent the pipe being crushed. Also additional steel reinforcement mesh introduced to the concrete foundation will provide additional support.
4. Stakes driven into the ground are set 450mm below DPC (Damp Proof Course) and 300mm below outside ground level. Concrete is then poured into the 450mm deep trench to a depth of 150mm.
5. The concrete is floated to form a level surface 450mm below the house DPC
6. The inner leaf of the cavity wall is built up to floor level, usually the house DPC.
7. Hardcore is laid to a minimum 100mm deep and compacted to form the base layer of the slab.
8. A blinding screed of sand 50mm thick is laid over the compacted hardcore layer to prevent any sharp stones puncturing the damp proof membrane (heavy duty plastic sheeting).
9. The damp proof membrane is laid over the sand blinding and lapped onto the inner leaf of brickwork
10. Optional floor insulation (50mm thick Styrofoam in this case) is placed upon the sheeting.
11. Concrete 100mm thick is laid to bring the slab up to the finished floor level which is then float finished to give a smooth finish for tiling or carpet finish
12. The outer leaf of the wall is built. In this case, artificial stone to match the house is used
13. The inner leaf of the cavity wall is built to complete the basework. The same material as the outer leaf has been used to provide a feature stone finish
14. The PVCu external cill is fitted to the dwarf wall and erection of the side frames begins.
15. On completion of the frames the structural aluminium eaves beam is fitted to the head of the frames.
16. The PVCu thermally clad aluminium glazing bars and ridge system are quickly assembled.
17. The polycarbonate glazing panels are installed (alternatively, double glazed units may be specified).
18. The side frames are glazed after the roof is complete
19. The ventilated aluminium ridge is ready to accept the clip fit PVCu internal cladding. Electrical cables may be concealed behind the cladding if a fan or lights are required.
20. The PVCu internal fascia is clipped onto the eaves beam to complete the internal finishing trims. Other internal work IS completed once the roof is on
21. The completed conservatory
Glass Sinks - 4 Unbreakable Rules of Buying a Glass Vessel Sink
1. Know your sinks How durable are these sinks? These sinks are tempered.
Color Help: Choosing Color Combinations
Choosing a color scheme can be a nerve-wracking business. For instance, I anguished over the colors to paint the exterior of my Victorian house, I ordered every book on old house painting that I could find, and I discovered that they all contradicted each other on the basic "rules.
Replacing Steel Casement Windows
I have been getting quite a few emails from homeowners wanting to know how to replace their old steel casement windows. Those are the type with the handle that you crank and the window opens outward.
Electrical Savings System; Save up to 40% on Your Electric Bill Every Month
Once a month there's an electric bill coming in the mail with your name on it. For the next week, it's telling the kids to shut the lights off when you're done, And most of the time, you turn them off yourself.
Buying The Right Comforter For Your Bed
Putting the right comforter on your bed can make the whole bedroom look fabulous. Comforters are the most visible of all the bedding pieces, so when you change the comforter you make a large change in the decor of the bedroom itself.
How to Keep Your Tools Useful for Every Season
You don't want to keep your useless tools in your storage right? You will only fill up the room with broken tools, so you feel you want to throw everything out. Wow, that's really a good way to throw out money.
Create a Joyful Home with Living Accessories: Houseplants
Houseplants can be soothing because of their visual impact. Besides being naturally appealing, interior plants can make you feel cooler on hot days, especially when they move softly in the breeze from a ceiling fan.
Brighten Up Your Patio With Sun Catchers
Sun catchers add sparkle and beauty to any room in your home. Far beyond the paint-n-bake sun catchers of childhood, sun catchers come in a huge variety of styles that dazzle the eye.
How Stained Glass Can Add Elegance To Your Home
If there is one way to throw a new light on your home, it's through the stained glass you put in your windows. Whether you want to enhance old windows by replacing some of the panes, or are complementing the new Pella windows you've installed, stained glass can lend an air of grace and quiet elegance to a room.
Different Materials Used for Roofing and Determining the Cost of Each One
There is never a structure you will find that lacks a roof; it is an essential part of the house or building. It plays a very important role of providing protection and shelter much like the walls.
New Tax Breaks for Energy Efficient Home Improvements
If you would like to make your existing home more energy efficient and get some help paying for the improvements, you need to know about the Energy Tax Incentives Act of 2005. The new law provides a $500 lifetime credit against your federal income tax for the cost of certain energy-saving home improvements that you make to your home after December 31, 2005 and before January 1, 2008.
Strongly Scented Candles: Use your mouth, nose and eyes to tell
Triple scented, heavily scented, strongly scented - these are all phrases candle manufacturers are using to tout their claim that their candles have more "smell" for your buck. In reality, these claims only act to confuse most consumers.
Light Up Your Life With Feng Shui
Feng Shui (pronounced Foong Shway or Fung Shoy) is the ancient Chinese art of luck management, which works by maximising the flow of energy (known as 'Chi') in your environment. Every object, inanimate or living, possesses its own energy field and also has an affect on the flow of Chi in your environment.
The Dangers of Pesticides and the EPAs Harrowing Plan to Test Them on Kids
Pesticides are a ubiquitous toxin in our environment. We spray them liberally on ants and spiders in our homes, use them in our gardens and on our lawns, fog our streets with them to kill mosquitoes-even spread them on our own bodies to keep bugs away.
Shopping For Carpet
The allure of carpet lays not only its soft and luxurious texture, but also in its ability to enhance and match any décor. It is suited to both formal and casual environments, while offering a palette of colors that cannot be found in any other flooring material.
How To Choose Wall Mount Outdoor Mailboxes
Sturdy wallmount outdoor mailboxes are no longer available in just standard sizes and colors. You can find a wide assortment of wall mount outdoor mailboxes for the outside of your home in many colors, textures, and materials.
The Benefits Of Wooden Flooring
They're affordable and come in a wide variety of styles and colors. They're easy to install and maintain.
Marble is any limestone or dolomite that can take a high polish and still be usable. Marble is generally formed from limestone undergoing metamorphism.
Finishing Your Basement Can be Very Rewarding
Transforming your home's basement into a finished space can prove to be very rewarding. Frequently the additional living space is used for a variety of entertainment functions including: Recreation Rooms, Bars, Gyms, Billiard Rooms, Home Theatres and Family Rooms.
Improving Your Bottom Line Through Vastu
The design of your office and home has a great influence on your financial success. If your work or living environments are in harmony with nature they have a positive affect on your prosperity.
home | site map
All articles are copyright to their owners.
Note: this website lists articles, We do not Write Articles !