List Categories | List All Articles | List Articles By Title
Be a Star in Your Own Life
Do you have the charactertics to be star in their own life? What characteristics below do you have or don't have already? Give each item a rating from 1 to 10 with 10 being you have this charactertics 100%.
1. Believe anything is possible. The universe is your oasis, see everything as vast within a reachable horizon. Keep raising your ceiling every day. Believe in you and others will believe in you. Everything is a mirror and others can only be a reflection back of that mirror. When you think it will work, then it will work. Who do you want people to see when they look into your mirror?
2. Know your talents and focus on them in order to be star. Talent is not ability or skill. Talent is your gifts from God. Look up the words talent, ability, and skill in a dictionary and learn the difference. You need to name it in order to claim it. To find your talent, find the consistent patterns that have yearned throughout your life, the things you have always gravitated to. Define yourself in terms of potential value you bring to the world. Ask, "What gives me a burning sense of fulfillment?"
3. Just like a star in the sky, gas and dust build that star and make it shine. The star chooses only the right gas, the right dust to bring into its building process. There are tons of choices (gas) and elements (dust) that are swirling all around you. Use only the specific types that will help you form your star.
4. Be selfish when it comes to fueling your talents and your dream. Do things that please you. Have daily call to actions that make you tingle and smile.
5. The smallest participles deliver big results. Big things emerge from the smallest actions. Focus on the little things whenever the big things aren't apparent.
6. Trust and use your instincts fully. Use heavy discernment regarding comments from others. Never under estimate your competition.
7. Burning rage is the difference in saying you want something and continually acting as if you do. You succeed only to the level of your hottest burning rage. Anger is not burning rage. Rage provides a sense of fulfillment when accomplished, it makes you happy and smile. Rage is one click past passion and desire. Rage has no fear and failure isn't an option. Rage propels you out of your comfort zone. Rage is a level of continual commitment that makes a superstar. Rage keeps you alert, highly aware. It keeps you looking for a new path, especially one that isn't blocked. Rage attracts like-minded positive people. It should propel you into action.
8. Make and bake your own breaks. Be ready for the audition at any moment. Be the President of your own fan club. Who is drawn to you -- who are your biggest fans and why? Be the last one standing. Be a great pitcher. Work smart and hard, be prepared, and be available.
9. Be comfortable with change. Choose to be comfortable with being uncomfortable. It's hard to stand out when you're fitting in.
10. Turn any disadvantage in an advantage. Setbacks are only setups for something else.
(c) Copyright Catherine Franz. All rights reserved.
Catherine Franz is a trained life and business coach veteran with experience in a variety type of businesses. Other articles: http://www.abundancecenter.com. Or blog, "Out of the Blog, Into the Light" http://abundance.blogs.com. She is a columnist, author, speaker and trainer.
Trusting Yourself and Others
How come, as women, we always second-guess ourselves? Are we not confident to choose a mate that has the characteristics of what we yearn for or start and operate a business that we have a passion for? Who can you trust?For most of my teenage and adult years, I'd sit in front of my computer going over a wish-list of things to accomplish before growing old. Unfortunately, others tried to degrade my dreams, dissolve my opinions, and demean my competency.
Everybody is Somebody
I wrote about my life and all that I have had to go through. I also ended that story with a little bit about how my life has since changed, but I want to take it further.
Dreams Keep Us Going
The eyes are the portals of the inner self; the doorway to the soul. If you will look into someone's eyes you will either see the glossy reflection of light, the life of the soul, or you will see a dull non-reflective image of darkness.
A Key In Hand Is Worth A Thousand On My Desk
A key fault I have, and I can only talk about one fault at a time, is the tendency to get busy. I often find myself chasing my own tail.
How to Scare Fear Out of Your Life
A reader asks: "Many times in my life I have let fear rule me and stop me from doing something I wanted to do. Do you have any suggestions for how to handle fear?"There are many successful strategies for dealing with fear in your life.
Been There, Done That
Fourteen years ago I was divorced from my second wife, her idea. I'll call her Kay.
Supercharge Your Dreams!
We all accept the fact that the lighter the backpack, the easier and quicker the climb to the top of the mountain. We all understand that the lighter the load on an airplane, the higher and faster it can fly.
It Wont Happen Again
Have you or do you know someone who has been abused or been involved in an abusive relationship? What is your definition of abuse? All of us know that physical violence is abuse. We also know there is emotional and mental abuse too, but do we know what it really is?What counts as abuse?I, myself have experienced physical, emotional, and mental abuse to different degrees.
Problems Arent Bad After all!
At first glance, when tough times hit, it seems the world around you is crashing down. You're surrounded by a sea of problems, threatening to engulf you any minute from now.
Direct Answers - Column for the week of November 17, 2003My dilemma is this. I've been going out with my boyfriend for five months.
Walking on a Path of Life
We set out walking along a route where one foot walks on a sidewalk that is slowly accenting to higher levels, whilst the other foot walks on the road. We will get to a point where we have to make a choice.
Direct Answers - Column for the week of December 29, 2003I'm attracted to my manager. He was the one who showed his interest to me first by complimenting me and making wonderful eye contact.
Your Self-Image - How Is It Working for You?
"All that you desire or require is already on your pathway, but you must be wide awake to your good to bring it into manifestation." - Florence Scovel ShinnWhether you are a professional secretary, a nurse, a vice-president in a large corporate organization; a creative arts director, or an attorney, as a total individual, you must always strive for self- improvement.
Lance Armstrong an Inspiration
Lance Armstrong has already proven he is the greatest athlete ever in the present period. Many ask what drives a man to press on, where does such strength of character come from.
Facing the Enemies Within
We are not born with courage, but neither are we born with fear. Maybe some of our fears are brought on by your own experiences, by what someone has told you, by what you've read in the papers.
Motivation and Inspiration: Illusions 101
Q: I was wondering if you could recommend any books on motivation and change that are fun to read and that aren't all rah rah, if you know what I mean. Could there even be such a thing as a book that's like a novel or short story that's about motivation?Your question is very well-timed.
Everyone Has Been Hurt ....Part 6
The Priceless Gift of a Knee-High Smile
She was just over knee-high standing next to me in the checkout line. I first saw her eyeing a display of candy as she followed her mother and brothers through the store.
The River of Life
I've always loved the awesome majesty of mountains. They are, however, the byproduct of the rivers that formed them: flowing, adjusting, carving, crashing and gently nurturing the land and animals along the way.
Direct Answers - Column for the week of May 5, 2003I'm very disturbed these days, and if it continues, I might get mad soon. I am 28.
home | site map
All articles are copyright to their owners.
Note: this website lists articles, We do not Write Articles !