List Categories | List All Articles | List Articles By Title
Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes - Tips For Getting The Lowest Rate
Finding auto insurance quotes online is easy, but finding the cheapest auto insurance rates can be more of a challenge. To get the lowest quotes, follow these tips to help you find ways to trim possibly hundreds off your auto insurance quotes.
1. Give them details - If you don't provide information about your zip code, marital status, car's safety features, and annual commuting miles, by default insurance companies will quote you a higher auto insurance rate. Provide as much detail as possible to make sure you get each discount that you qualify for.
2. Shop around - Auto insurance rates can vary as much as 300% between companies for the same coverage. You can save hundreds of dollars a year by comparing prices between companies. Don't forget to check out your current insurance company, they may have lower rates for new customers that you may be able to negotiate for yourself.
3. Raise your deductible - Higher deductibles equal lower insurance premiums. For example, increasing your deductible from $250 to $500, can save you a hundred dollars or more on your annual premium. However, plan on having additional financial resources to cover the deductible in case of an accident.
4. Cut the miles you drive - For drivers who travel on average 40 miles or less a day, they qualify for a low mileage discount with most insurance companies. Consider carpooling or taking public transit a couple of days a week to reduce your car's mileage to qualify for the discount. By flying or taking a train for vacations instead of driving, you can further reduce the miles on your car.
5. Switch drivers - For married couples, compare insurance quotes between the male as the main driver and the female as the main driver. You may get a lower quote if the female is insured on a truck and the male is insured on the minivan. Teens should also be insured on safer cars such as the family sedan, rather than a sports car.
6. Add an anti-theft device - By installing car alarms or a tracking system in your car, you will get a discount from auto insurance companies. Since anti-theft devices reduce the risk of your car being stolen, insurance companies pass on the savings to you. A certified defensive-driving class can also reduce your premium for three years with most insurance companies.
To view our list of recommended companies for auto insurance online, who can give you multiple insurance quotes from different companies, visit this page: Recommended Auto Insurance Companies Online.
Carrie Reeder is the owner of eZerk, an informational website with articles and the latest news about various topics.
Discount Car Insurance Brokers - Get Amazing Comparisons
To get the cheapest possible quote for your car insurance, your best bet is an online discount car insurance broker. A broker does not deal with one specific car insurance company, but rather searches through every available company to find you the best possible quote.
Origin Of Long Term Care Insurance
In the early 1980's Medicare started using a system called the diagnosed related group of guidelines for advance payments to hospitals. This has really given hospitals authority and incentive to discharge patients very soon after admission to the hospital.
Facts About Renters Insurance
If you rent an apartment or house, you might consider purchasing renters insurance.Renters insurance provides coverage for damage or loss of personal property for people in rental housing.
Health Savings Account (HSA): Do I Lose It At the End of Each Year?
The Health Savings Account (HSA) is an amazing tool to reduce healthcare expenses and insurance costs. But do you lose it at the end of each year, like with a Flexible Savings Account (FSA)? Thank goodness, no! You do not lose your HSA money at the end of each year.
Flat Insurance in the UK
What are the factors involved in flat insurance? Do I need to provide both buildings and contents cover? Who will cover shared flats or flats with student tenants?The responsibility to insure the building fabric of a flat lies with the freeholder. This means that if you own your flat on a leasehold basis then you only need to insure the contents.
Guide to Life Insurance Terms
Listed below is a useful guide to life insurance terms. It is a list of definitions of life insurance terms that may or may not be familiar to you.
Insurance Adjusters How They Work And How They Think
Here comes the insurance adjuster. Is he overly friendly? If so, watch out! It's OK to be hospitable.
The Ups and Downs of Temporary Health Insurance
If you're a recent college graduate, or in between jobs, temporary health insurance may be just what you are looking for. As the name suggests, this short term health plan covers from one month up to a full year.
Car Insurance Quotes Online - Why You Should Use the Internet to Find a New Insurance Company
Before the internet, you picked a neighborhood car insurance agent, and you stayed with the insurance company for years. Now car and truck drivers are finding reasons to shop online for their car insurance company.
Give Your Auto Policy a Tune-Up
When you originally purchased your auto insurance policy, you purchased a certain type of coverage to meet your needs at that time. Since then you have probably experienced many changes in your life.
Health Insurance Options for Entrepreneurs
One of the most important benefits employed people enjoy is health insurance coverage. It is also the single most costly expense for self-employed entrepreneurs.
Are You Sure That Heirloom Oriental Rug From Your Aunt Hilda Is Really Insured?
Gone are the days of the cinder block and wood plank bookcases. You've come along way from that old reliable jut rug and CDs (or in some cases, actual vinyl albums) stored in milk crates.
Which Car Should You Own To Keep Your Insurance Rates Most Affordable?
Do you consider the cost of insurance before you buy your dream car? You should. The Highway Loss Data Institute analyzes the cost to insurance companies from theft, collision, and injury claims as they relate to cars.
What is Life Insurance?
Life Insurance is an insurance policy that provides an agreed amount of cover over an agreed term, so that should you die during the policy term, a lump sum is paid out. Life insurance is considered as the cornerstone of financial planning.
MSA or HSA: Can I Keep My MSA Or Do I Need to Convert it into an HSA?
The Medical Savings Account (MSA) is an older form of the Health Savings Account (HSA).You cannot open a new MSA.
Outside Pressures On The Typical Insurance Adjuster
Insurance adjusters are not without outside pressures they must deal with every day of their work life. It would be advantageous for all readers to be aware of the most important of these because they could put money in your bank.
Are You Running the Risk of an Uninsured Business? Beware & Get Business Insurance
Human life is precarious and so are the activities they indulge in. So it is not just the human life that needs to be protected but the work that he does - his business etc.
How To Best Handle Health Insurance Plan Changes
Many economists have suggested and recent economic data indicates that the economy is steadily moving in the right direction. A combination of several factors has no doubt had a negative impact on the economy over the last several years.
Protecting Your Expatriate Family
If you and your family relocate overseas, one of your first priorities from a financial planning point of view may very well be establishing health care.Costs and services abroad can differ greatly to what you are accustomed to 'back home'.
Life Insurance Without Life Value: Why Young People Are Snubbing Financial Advice
This article is written by a 27 year old female (borderline Generation X / Y) called Rachel. Rachel spent six years at university, has no outstanding debts with the exception of government student loans.
home | site map
All articles are copyright to their owners.
Note: this website lists articles, We do not Write Articles !