List Categories | List All Articles | List Articles By Title
10 Ways To Save On Car Insurance
For most people car insurance is a the single largest insurance expense after health insurance. Rates are high and are forever climbing, at least it seems that way. You can save money on your car insurance premiums by following these easy to implement steps.
1. Shop Around. Yes, it pays to shop and compare. Regulatory changes at the state level may have encouraged new companies to jump into the market, thereby increasing competition and reducing rates for consumers.
2. Raise Your Deductible. A $200 deductible sounds wise until you learn that the cost for having a deductible at this threshold can drive your rates through the roof. Consider a deductible as high as $1000 to save on premiums. You can always fix minor mishaps on your own.
3. Drop Collision. If your automobile is worth less than two or three thousand dollars, consider dropping collision altogether. Sure, you will get nothing from your insurer if your car is totaled, but the savings you realize by dropping collision can be used as a down payment for your next car.
4. Look For Discounts. If your car has certain safety features, make sure that your insurer is aware of this. Older cars, for the most part, do not have air bags but if you have a model that has airbags, you will save money on your insurance.
5. Business Deduction. If you drive your car for business, a portion of your insurance costs may be deductible. Conversely, your rates may be increased if your insurer knows that you use your car more for business than pleasure.
6. Combine Policies. Purchase your homeowners, auto, and life insurance policies from the same broker and you may save on your premiums. Some insurance companies reward policyholders if they "one-stop" purchase all of their insurance needs through one company.
7. Consider Before You Buy. The Porsche Boxster may be your ideal car, but it could also sharply raise your insurance rates. Maybe a less sporty model would be ideal.
8. Driver's Ed Course. You may have taken a driver's education course and your insurance company has not factored that in when determining your premium. Let them know that you are a safe driver!
9. Deleted Points. If you had moving violations that were reported to your insurance company, make sure that your insurer adjusts your premium downward if several years have gone by since the occurrence. You could be paying a premium higher than you deserve.
10. Check Your Policy. If the insurer has the wrong address, town or zip code on your policy you could find yourself paying more than you should.
Reducing your car insurance costs should not be an impossible feat. By following these steps you should realize some savings the next time your policy comes up for review.
Matt Keegan writes articles designs websites through his online business at http://www.thearticlewriter.com
How Do I Lower My Auto Insurance Rates?
Since there are many factors that go into determining your auto insurance rates, there are many chances to lower your rates. If you change jobs and your drive to work changes or you stop working or you work from home, you should contact your insurance company.
Flat Insurance in the UK
What are the factors involved in flat insurance? Do I need to provide both buildings and contents cover? Who will cover shared flats or flats with student tenants?The responsibility to insure the building fabric of a flat lies with the freeholder. This means that if you own your flat on a leasehold basis then you only need to insure the contents.
Handling Your Motor Vehicle Accident With Your Own Insurance Company
This "How To" article is crucial, up-to-date information concerning what to do if your insurance company is giving you a hard time (regarding your own motor vehicle accident claim with them) and you're positive it's "Legit". If there's some problems with whatever position they've taken regarding your Property Damage Loss (or any other coverage-questions they may be ducking/stalling/ignoring and/or disputing) you don't have to sit back and take it!You DO have options to settle your dispute and you should proceed as follows:#1.
A Few Things Everyone Should Know About Disability
Did you know? One year of disability can wipe out 10 year's worth of savings.Other interesting things to know about disability:- 7 out of 10 people between the ages of 35 and 65 become disabled for three months or longer.
Health and Dental Insurance Quotes - Applying Online
Since 2001, large health and dental insurance companies such as BlueCross and GE Financial have offered health insurance online. As a result, individuals and small business owners have more options when purchasing insurance.
Are You Overpaying On Your Home Insurance Policy?
For many consumers the cost of daily living is becoming increasingly higher. High gas prices, rising automobile costs and the cost of buying a new home can be very troublesome.
Cheap Health Insurance Rates and Personal Health Insurance
If you've been out of school for a couple of years or perhaps just graduated from college, you're probably a candidate for cheap health insurance. Once a person reaches a certain age they're no longer covered by their parents health insurance plan.
How Do I Calculate How Much Life Insurance I Need?
Life insurance protects you and your family from economic hardship as a result of death. It is an insurance company's obligation to pay the recipient of your choice a pre-determined amount of money when you die in exchange for timely payment of premiums while you are living.
About Online Term Life Insurance Rates
Online term life insurance ratesHow simple it is today finding online term life insurance rates. At the click of your little mouse, fingers on the keyboard off we go into the world of cyber space.
Should You Have Higher Deductibles On Your Coverage?
What is a deductible? A deductible is the amount you pay before your insurance carrier pays any claim. Insurance companies offer deductibles on certain coverage in insurance policies as a method of sharing risk with the people they insure.
How to Reduce Home Insurance Premiums
Here are some useful tips on how to reduce Home Insurance premiums.Home insurance, also known as Household Insurance is a policy designed to cover your home and if applicable its contents against the possible risks.
Insurance in Northern Ireland: Historic Difficulties
No doubt most readers will have heard of the Northern Ireland "troubles" or possibly seen some of those ghastly images from the seventies, eighties and early nineties on your television screens. Thankfully the worst of those dark days seem to be over.
Life Insurance Information
Life insurance is a personal insurance plan designed to pay out a sum of money on the death of the policyholder. Life Insurance is an insurance that is taken out against a persons life.
7 Tips Toward Helping You Reduce Your Insurance Costs
Not a year goes by that insurance rates go up. At least it seems that way.
Life Insurance Beneficiaries
Naming a beneficiary for your life insurance policy can be a difficult decision to make, not to mention a tricky procedure. A person needs to research the different types of beneficiaries and the different ways to go.
Photography Insurance-Insurance for the Photographer
Part and parcel of establishing your own photographic business is establishing your own legal entity. This means establishing yourself for taxes.
Health Savings Account (HSA): Do I Lose It At the End of Each Year?
The Health Savings Account (HSA) is an amazing tool to reduce healthcare expenses and insurance costs. But do you lose it at the end of each year, like with a Flexible Savings Account (FSA)? Thank goodness, no! You do not lose your HSA money at the end of each year.
What is Life Insurance?
Life Insurance is an insurance policy that provides an agreed amount of cover over an agreed term, so that should you die during the policy term, a lump sum is paid out. Life insurance is considered as the cornerstone of financial planning.
Cheap Car Insurance
Finding good car insurance can be very difficult. Here are a few tips: Try a few different insurance companies.
Individual or Family Health Insurance Options
As more and more individuals working at home with or without families find themselves without some kind of group health insurance. Sometimes even working at a job, no health insurance is even offered.
home | site map
All articles are copyright to their owners.
Note: this website lists articles, We do not Write Articles !