List Categories | List All Articles | List Articles By Title
Cheap Insurance - Ten Ways
Cheap insurance? Auto insurance, life insurance, health insurance, liability insurance - whatever type of insurance you need, you can buy it for less. Try the following:
1. Raise you deductible. Why have a $100 deductible if a $1000 deductible won't break you? It may hurt to pay the first thousand someday, but what if meanwhile you saved several thousand? High deductibles mean lower rates. Of course, get quotes with various deductibles, to be sure you're saving enough for the higher risk.
2. Lower your coverage. Insurance agents secretly admit that people usually get sued according to policy limits. You'll be sued for more if your limit is a million than if it's a hundred thousand. A judgement beyond the policy limits is a scary thought, but this can happen no matter what your limits are. If you don't have many assets or much money in the bank, consider lowering your coverage to save money. Get quotes first, of course, to see how much you'll save.
3. Lower the insurance company's risk. Using seatbelts, not smoking, and having alarm systems can mean cheap insurance. Ask your agent about any discounts that are available.
4. Use an independent agent. Why limit yourself to one insurance company? Independents can show you the cheapest policy regardless of which company it's from. Just check a rating service to see if the issuing company is financially solid, especially when buying life insurance.
5. Drop your insurance. The insurance companies will hate me for this one, but consider eliminating some coverages. You need liability coverage on your car, but collision coverage on a $2000 car doesn't make sense. Invest the money elsewhere, and take the $2000 loss once or twice in your life, or maybe never.
6. Buy stocks instead of insurance. If you and your wife both have good incomes, it probably makes more sense to invest your money than to buy life insurance. If loved ones have enough income or assets, life insurance premiums are usually wasted money.
7. Get rebates. Some states that allows "rebating". California law, for example, allows agents to rebate part of their commission to you. If you live in a non-rebating stae, find a California company online!
8. Get the legal minimums. If you have no assets to protect, ask for state-mandated minimums on auto liability policies. Most companies give you their higher, more expensive "company minimums" if you don't push the point.
9. Review your policies. It is common for parents to still pay for health insurance coverage on adult children long after they are working and have their own coverage. See what other unecessary coverages you may be paying for.
10. Get several quotes. For cheap insurance, compare quotes from several companies, and ask about different policy options. One more thing: take notes.
Steve Gillman has been studying every aspect of money for thirty years. You can find more interesting and useful information on his website; http://www.EverythingAboutMoney.info
Life Insurance Without Life Value: Why Young People Are Snubbing Financial Advice
This article is written by a 27 year old female (borderline Generation X / Y) called Rachel. Rachel spent six years at university, has no outstanding debts with the exception of government student loans.
Finding a Discount Car Insurance Broker
Discount car insurance brokerTimes past finding a discount insurance broker was important and offered you access to many different outlets for your needs. Today that's no longer the case as finding a discount insurance broker doesn't really provide you with any benefits or advantages as it once did.
Why Should I Go To A Life Insurance Broker?
A life insurance broker is a dedicated person that encourages and listens to the needs and wants of a person looking for life insurance. It doesn't matter what type of life insurance you are looking for, whole or term life.
Shopping Options for Auto Insurance
Shopping for car insurance can be a big undertaking. It can be daunting at times but is very important.
Life Settlement: Towards A Free Market for Life Insurance
The Life Settlement market is all about providing due access to needed cash from existing life insurance.This so-called free market referred to as the life insurance industry's secondary market is based on a central premise, namely that the value of life insurance is best determined by independent market forces and has been validated in recent years by its rapid growth.
Compare Car Insurance Companies Before You Commit
If you want to save money on your car insurance, compare insurance companies before you sign up for an annual premium. Car insurance premiums can differ as much as 300% between carriers for the same coverage.
Car and Home Insurance Northern Ireland
Don't skimp on insurance. This probably doesn't sound like a way to save money.
Is Your Financial Security at Risk?
The topic of insurance is not sexy by any means. Perhaps that's why so many people avoid addressing it.
Tips for Buying a New Home
My wife and I recently purchased a new home in Tennessee. Here are some helpful hints we picked up along the way:1.
Affordable Insurance Quotes To Save You Money!
Whether you're looking for insurance quotes for auto, life, travel or health you can find some great rates on the internet. Insurance quotes coverage can provide peace of mind and also financial coverage in the event that something untoward happens.
The Awful Truth about Annuity and Insurance Leads
You see the websites, you see the ads: exclusive, never before sold, prospects eager to buy, insurance and annuity Leads. Some leads cost a few dollars - others are over one-hundred a pop.
An Intro To Life Insurance
There are many options available for life insurance, and for most people these options can be somewhat confusing. Below is a brief review of each type and some advantages and disadvantages of each.
Senior Life Settlement-Uses and Applications
In a recent article in the National Underwriter (April, 2005) a Senior Life Settlement is depicted as an ingenious financial planning option available to consumers by providing access to secondary life insurance market through life insurance valuation - a new trend, tool in the financial advisory services industry unlocking opportunity for many.Sound investment practices require diligence and regular appraisal and valuation of assets.
How To Negotiate A Settlement With An Insurance Claims Adjuster
You and I. M.
What Is Health Insurance?
What is health insurance and why do I need it? Health insurance protects you and your family from a financial hardship due to medical expenses in the untimely event that you are injured or become ill. There are four types of health insurance, you may need just one or you may need a combination to ensure you have the most insurance coverage possible.
Life Settlements, More than a Cash Surrender Payout
With a life insurance settlement, seniors now have the ability to receive a payout larger than their cash surrender value. Life insurance companies have always had the advantage by offering a low cash surrender payout for unwanted or unneeded life insurance policies.
How Will an HSA Save Me Money?
The Health Savings Account (HSA) is a tool to help you save money on health insurance. But how does it do that?A Health Savings Account (HSA) is just a savings account.
Guide to Home Insurance
Here is a useful guide to Home Insurance. Home insurance covers damage from incidents such as fire, theft, and vandalism to your house, usually adjacent structures like a garage or shed, and your personal belongings.
Guide to Life Insurance Terms
Listed below is a useful guide to life insurance terms. It is a list of definitions of life insurance terms that may or may not be familiar to you.
Do Insurance Premiums Increase Every Year?
Many people ask, "If I am supposed to get a renewal discount, why do my premiums seem to increase with each renewal?" The answer is not always so simple. Each year, new vehicles cost more then they did the previous year.
home | site map
All articles are copyright to their owners.
Note: this website lists articles, We do not Write Articles !