List Categories | List All Articles | List Articles By Title
10 Home Decorating Ideas To Quickly Update Any Room
Not all home decorating ideas require a heavy investment of time and money. If you're looking for a few affordable home interior decorating ideas to freshen up a room over a weekend, try these ten:
1. Rearrange The Furniture- Pull your furniture away from the walls. Try positioning it at intriguing angles. For example, a sofa arranged diagonally across a narrow living room will make the room look wider.
2. Paint A Wall- Paint one wall your favorite color and make it the focal point. Hang interesting art on that wall and move a nice piece of furniture there. (Note: Make sure that the color is one that is shared with several other objects and fabrics in the room.)
3. Bring In Plants- Greenery always adds a breath of fresh air to a room. If you don't have a green thumb, try silk plants and trees. The quality has gotten so good that its hard to distinguish them from the real thing.
4. Lay An Area Rug- An area rug is a wonderful way of defining a conversation area. Try one that complements the room. Lay it at an angle beneath your coffee table.
5. Hang Pictures or Mirror- Hang pictures that reflect your personality. Try frames that are more ornate. When hanging a mirror, try and position it so that it reflects and nice view or an interesting architectural element.
6. Group Figurines- Pull out your favorite collectibles. Show off your personality. Find a display area and group related objects together, in sets of three or five. Try and vary the shapes.
7. Add Decorative Pillows- The good news about decorative pillows is that they are an easy way to add textures and patterns to a room. Still better, they can be changed to jazz up a sofa or chair before your room is ready for a major makeover.
8. Replace Lamps- Lamps are probably the one thing in your home that will give others a clue that your room is outdated. Seek out new and fresh lamps that make a statement.
9. Add A Throw Or Afghan- Similar to decorative pillows, throws and afghans add texture to your furniture. They come in all kinds of natural and man made fabrics. Find a pattern and style that you like.
10. Eliminate Clutter- Clutter has a way of eliminating the desired mood and effect of any room. Find storage spaces for papers, toys, and other items that take from the personality of a room.
About The Author
An Upholstered Bench To Incorporate Style and Function
How do you envision your dream home? Is it rich in color and texture, romantic, cozy, warm, comfortable and inviting all at the same time? Would you love to incorporate colorful fabrics and rich textures in your home's décor but are not sure how to pull it off? You are not alone. The truth is: Many people long to incorporate the use of textured and patterned fabric into their decorating style but are not sure where they should begin.
Feng Shui Interprets Exposed Beams
What constitutes a balanced room according to feng shui theory involves not one, but several aspects. Some of those aspects are non-obvious while some aspects are immediately palpable, such as the flaw of a room which is chronically dark or cold.
Getting a Grandfather Clock at a Discount
Whether it is a basic bong-bong-bong or a thrilling symphony, the sound of a grandfather clock faithfully chiming the hour is music to the ears for many people. However, the high price tag makes the clock strikes flat for the majority.
A Look at Edible Fruit Baskets
By their very nature, all fruit baskets, especially the original ones, qualify as edible fruit baskets. After all, when a fruit basket was filled with nothing but fruit, by definition everything in them was edible and therefore qualified as an edible fruit basket.
The trend these days is to discover extremely innovative ways to decorate interiors on a budget. The tips provided below are just a few of the many ways one can inexpensively achieve a truly original look for a room.
A Look at Wooden Bunk Beds
Wooden bunk beds are a very popular type of bunk bed and have many advantages over metal bunk beds. Specifically, wooden bunk beds are often safer since there is no need to worry about metal or weld cracking.
Make Simple Curtains and Valance for any Window
Making a quick set of curtains and a valance is something that you can do even if you don't have much sewing experience. It's just a matter of thinking through the process and calculating for fabric needed and knowing how to use a sewing machine.
The Benefits of Pre-finished Hardwood Floors
Pre-finished floors come with an extended factory finish warranty unlike unfinished floors. The heavy duty finishes are urethane-based.
How to Choose Kitchen Sink Faucets
Choosing appropriate faucets for your kitchen sink is as important as choosing the shape and size of the bowl. Faucets come in all shapes and sizes.
Taking Care of Your Futon Covers
Futon Covers are made from some of the unique & supreme upholstery fabrics produced in the home furnishings industry.Futon covers allow the customers with the exclusive opportunity of changing their room decor by changing the futon covers.
Decorating With Room Dividers
Room dividers can be both decorative and practical. They can serve to break one large room up into cozy sections, hide a cluttered area, or simply sit against the wall and add to the décor.
A Look at Solid Hardwood Floors
Solid hardwood floors should neither be installed over a concrete slab nor below ground level because of high moisture sensitivity. Unsightly gaps appear when moisture dries and the floors contract in the winter heating months.
A Look at Custom Roman Shades
Roman shades are a classic window treatment. They are simple, elegant, and can fit in any style of room.
Ceiling Fan Blades
The blades of a ceiling fan make all the difference. The amount of airflow a fan generates depends on the type and size of blades it has.
California King Bedding Cannot Be Interchanged With Standard King Bedding
If you are looking for a great selection of California king bedding, then you have come to the right place. There is a vast selection of online shops offering high quality California king sheet sets.
How to Build Your Own Cuckoo Clock
Of all the various kits available from hobby stores and websites across the Internet, cuckoo clock kits are very rare indeed. Why is this? Two reasons: one is that as simple the cuckoo clock's design may seem (after all, it was invented in 1730), it is actually very complicated and can only be replicated by masters.
Tired of waking every morning with a stripe of blinding sunlight across your eyes? Or perhaps you need a way to dim the lights in the baby's room so he'll nap, or in a conference room so that you can project a presentation on a screen. No matter why you need to block the light from entering a room, you will need the right window blinds for the job.
Grandfather Clock Repair
A well-made grandfather clock is an heirloom piece, designed to be handed down from generation to generation. As such, they are made to last over several lifetimes.
A Look at Outdoor Ceiling Fans
A ceiling fan used outdoors, such as on a covered porch, deck, or gazebo, can serve several purposes. Outdoor ceiling fans can provide a cool breeze and make hot days much more comfortable, keep bugs away, and provide beautiful and unique decoration.
The Many Types Of Light Available Today
The Many Types Of Light Available TodayWhat's in a light bulb? For most people, an incandescent light bulb comes to mind when discussing "light". The incandescent light bulb has traditionally provided homes with light into the wee hours of the night.
home | site map
All articles are copyright to their owners.
Note: this website lists articles, We do not Write Articles !