List Categories | List All Articles | List Articles By Title
15 Summer Decorating Ideas
Summer decorating is a wonderful time to lighten up the colors and fabrics in your home. While you may not be able to decorate every room, there are numerous ways to add summer flair. You can decorate with a summer theme such as fruit (apples, strawberries, grapes), flowers (roses, carnations, daisies), or seaside nautical in addition to following some of the ideas listed below.
1. Replace heavy drapery with light sheers. The sheers provide an airy appeal while letting in the sunshine. If removing your existing drapery is not an option, consider changing just the valance and tiebacks to a lighter color. Another option is to use grapevine wreaths, strands of beads, artificial flowers, or decorative ribbons as your tiebacks or swag holders.
2. Store away items that are not useful in the summer such as blankets, throws, and heavy quilts.
3. Lighten up the color of your sofa by placing a slipcover on it or replacing your dark colored pillows with lighter colors.
4. Place light colored slipcovers on your all-wood dining room or kitchen chairs.
5. To add a lighter summer touch to your dark wood tables, use white lace or doilies as runners or tablecloths.
6. If you have a heavy bedspread, considering replacing it with a lightweight linen blanket.
7. Bring in the outdoors by adding fresh flowers in vases or baskets to counters, tabletops, and nightstands.
8. Add summer accessories around your home such as birdhouses, sea shells, bowls of fruits or vegetables, and summer reading materials.
9. If you have dark lampshades, replace them with lighter ones.
10. Repaint a dark hallway in your favorite hue such as buttery yellow, a creamy tan, or a fresh apple green.
11. Display a grouping of floral plates on a wall, hutch, or fireplace mantle.
12. Clean out the ashes in your fireplace and fill the firebox with a large artificial fern or a basket of colorful flowers.
13. Place twigs in tall vases and set on each side of the fireplace mantle.
14. To add summer whimsy to your bathrooms, hang lightweight fabric shower curtains printed with ladybugs, bees, flowers, or palm trees. Display matching hand towels and rugs to continue the summer theme.
15. Change the layout of your furniture to give your rooms a fresh, new look.
Decorating your home for the summer does not have to be complicated or cost a lot of money. As you can see from the ideas listed above, a new lamp shade, adding new fabrics, or changing the paint color of a room can breathe new life into your interior design. So, have fun and use your imagination to bring some fresh new looks into your home for the summer season.
Lesley Dietschy is a freelance writer and the creator/editor of The Home Decor Exchange and the Home & Garden Exchange. The Home Decor Exchange is a popular home and garden website featuring resources, articles, decorating pictures, free projects, and a shopping marketplace. The Home & Garden Exchange website is a link exchange program and directory dedicated to the home and garden industry, as well as offering free website content and promotional ideas. Please visit both websites for all of your home, garden, and website needs.
Putting Passion Back Into Home Decorating
For most people, they can count the times they redecorate their homes in a lifetime on one hand. It's a shame because this is not because they don't have great ideas about how they want their homes to be, but that the thought of redecorating brings the following obstacles to mind:Where to put up if I am renovating?I have accumulated a lot of furniture and household items, how in the world can we integrate them with this ultra modern design I am interested in?We have spent all that money doing up the place when we moved in and now we have to do away with it? What a waste.
Wood Baker's Rack - Add Style to Your Kitchen
Is your kitchen or dining area missing that little bit of extra something to make it truly unique and a place that you are proud to show off? Are you looking for that one special design element to bring it all together and capture the feeling of warmth and hominess that you have been trying to create? If so, you should think about incorporating the use of a wood baker's rack into your décor.Decorating with furnishings made from wood, such as a bakers rack, has always been a great way to add warmth and intimacy into any space.
Roman Shades Made From Fabric
Roman shades are a simple and classic way to adorn windows. They are unobtrusive and can block a glaring sun or nosey neighbors.
How Do You Choose Art for Your Home?
You have just moved into a new home. Perhaps it's your first real home that you plan to invest time and money into decorating and styling.
Jazz Up Your Room With Folding Screen Room Dividers
Using a room divider or folding screen can be a great way to create interest in an otherwise dull area. Contrary to what many believe, a room divider need not actually be used to divider a space.
Use A Wallpaper Border For A Budget Backsplash
You can add some splash to your kitchen without spending a lot of money by applying a simple wallpaper border for a backsplash. You can get a pretty good bargain on borders in the closeout bin at your wallpaper store or home improvement center, but make sure they have enough of the border to go around the area you want to cover as these bargains are usually close outs and you might not be able to get more!Since most wallpapers come pre-pasted, applying the border is easy.
Lighting Up a Seniors Life - Baby Boomer Alert!
Lighting for seniors requires attention to some specific details. When planning a lighting design for aging baby boomers we want to provide both adequate light to see clearly and a safe environment.
5 Tips to Preschoolers Bedrooms, on a Budget
Decorating on a budget can always be a challenge, but nowhere do our hearts yearn to provide a beautiful room as much as when it comes to our little ones. Luckily, there are some great ideas you can do today, to punch up your preschoolers room, and keep the costs as little as they are!1.
Decorating Kid's Rooms On A Small Budget
Now if your children are like mine they want to change the style and look of their room about every other week. One way to make them happier for a longer period of time with their room decor is to get involved with the activities that are required when redecorating their room.
Home Décor for First Timers (no matter what your age)
If you're like most people home décor is a puzzling subject. Unless you are innately artistic and have an eye for color and texture, home décor can become quite a challenge.
Furniture Placement Secrets
The easiest and most inexpensive way to invigorate the design of your living room is to rearrange the furniture items you already own. Furniture placement can be a daunting task, no matter how big or small the room.
The Magic of Design
There was a time people thought the world was flat. At another point in history it was believed that women didn't have the know-how to run a business or change a tire.
Update Your Home Decor Using Colorful Rugs
Retro, checks, black and white..
How To Decorate a Large Family Room
Dividing the room into different use areas is a great way to break up the space. Obviously a fireplace is a great focal point.
Bean Bag Chairs - Choosing the Right One
Decorating can be a big challenge in today's world. There are all kinds of decorating styles from which to choose.
The History of Cuckoo Clocks
Although the exact date remains a mystery, it is commonly thought that cuckoo clocks first made their appearance around 1730 in the Black Forest area of Germany. To this day, even with all that has come along with modern experience, skill and technology, no other clock or timepiece has made the lasting impression that the Cuckoo clock made at the time of its introduction.
Buying Custom Wood Blinds
Window and door blinds on windows and doors are chief decorating elements in houses as well as in offices. Interior designers use window blinds made of wood or those that have a wooden look to offer a feeling of warmth and coziness to the atmosphere in the room.
An Informative Review of Popular Adjustable Beds
This article provides a detailed review of popular adjustable beds available for purchase both on and off-line. Prominent adjustable bed manufacturers include Craftmatic, Sleep Comfort, Sealy, Tempur Pedic, and Spring Air.
A Look at Tropical Ceiling Fans
There are several differences between tropical ceiling fans and standard ceiling fans. Tropical ceiling fans have wider blades than typical fans.
An Introduction to Hardwood Floors
There's good news about hardwood floors. Because of advanced construction and finish technologies, they are now more stable than they were in the past.
home | site map
All articles are copyright to their owners.
Note: this website lists articles, We do not Write Articles !