List Categories | List All Articles | List Articles By Title
Five Quick and Cheap Ways to Decorate for Fall
1. Utilize the "use what you have" theory! Go through your cupboards and drawers to find items that can be used as props in your fall display. Find pitchers to use to hold wildflowers and dried grasses, bring out warm throws to toss over your couch, layer fabrics on your tables. (Remember, pretty blankets and quilts can work well!)
2. Take a nature walk. Gather organic elements that can be used in your fall makeover. Acorns, pinecones, seed pods, bark, even stones can be used as display in bowls around the home. Press pretty leaves and strew them on tables and around centerpieces.
3. Bring out the candles! If you put away your candles for winter, now is the time to bring them to center stage. Gather groups of inexpensive votives and tie together with scraps of raffia.
4. Add scent to the home. Simmer apple peels and cinnamon sticks on the stove, or invest in a couple of vials of potpourri oil. They are relatively inexpensive at just a couple bucks apiece, and they last forever as you only need a few drops.
5. Celebrate the tastes of the harvest season. Keep apples and pomegranates out in bowls, store squashes on countertops, pick up a pumpkin or two at your produce stand (even though it's not Halloween yet!) and use as a centerpiece, or pile a couple next to the kitchen door.
Most of all, take the time to celebrate this special season and appreciate the comfort we can offer our families in our own homes.
Kathleen Wilson is an author, national columnist, and editor of The Budget Decorator. You can find more free ideas and projects, and info on her online workshop based on her book at http://www.TheBudgetDecorator.com
Granite Tile Countertops
The beauty and warmth of granite makes it an ideal material for aesthetic appeal in home design. Granite has been a popular choice of designers for decades.
What are Water Softeners?
Soap scum. Stiff clothing.
Long-Strip and Engineered Hardwood Floors
Longstrip hardwood floors are wide and long, and each plank has 2 to 3 strips of thin hardwood. These planks can be floated, stapled and glued-down.
The Art Of Selecting Your Homes Art
Art should be personal. Selecting pieces that you really love should not be influenced by the color of the carpet or your couch.
Decorating a Romantic Room
Creating intimacy in a room is about finding a mixture of elements that combine in such a way that they make both you and your partner feel comfortable and close. Some of these elements include lighting, color, decoration, and furniture.
A Spring Sampler
Spring is in the air, or at least we all wish it were! If you'd like to get rid of the winter doldrums and usher in some life to your home, here are some easy steps you can take now, before the crocuses bloom.· Put out several bouquets and arrangements of "silk" flowers in bright colors.
Kitchen Island Ideas for Great Custom Kitchen Islands
Use kitchen island ideas to better understand how to create a more functional and comfortable kitchen. Using custom kitchen islands means having the most appropriate island for your home and kitchen area based on your kitchen space and your needs.
Beyond Paint: Decorating Walls With Stencils
Painting walls in various colors is a quick and easy way to decorate any room in your home. But when you're looking for something a bit more artistic and unique, you might try your hand at stenciling.
Make The Right Choice When It Comes To Futon Frames
As you begin your search for a futon you should pay close attention to the style and frame material. There are two options for futon frames, one is a bi-fold futon frame that folds in two length-wise creating a sofa.
An Inspirational Poster Can Really Help!
An inspirational poster can really inspire us!Its benefits to us are based on scientific principles of how our minds work. Almost every inspirational poster has both images and words.
Carlton Ware: A Colourful Collectible
These vibrant collectibles are as charming today as they were when they were first introduced.OriginThe company Carlton Ware was formed in 1890 due to a partnership between J.
A Guide to Vinyl Shutters
Most people would agree that wood shutters are beautiful. They add class and grace to most any home.
Discount Granite Countertops
The beauty and warmth of granite makes it an ideal countertop material for aesthetic and practical purposes in most any kitchen. In addition to its natural strength, granite is a very beautiful stone that adds color and warmth to a room.
Add A Little Spark To Your Bedroom With A Satin Comforter!
If you want to make your bedroom look rich and luxurious, then top your bed with a satin comforter. Not only does satin carry a certain amount of sex appeal, but it seems to be an expression of wealth and prestige as well.
Decorating Ideas for a Baby Nursery
Creating a comfortable area for your baby is important to many parents. That is why so many parents are interested in decorating ideas for a baby nursery.
A Look at Shower Curtain Rods
Shower curtain rods give you a unique opportunity to showcase your sense of style. There are many different styles of shower curtain rods available.
How to Buy Discount Roman Shades
Roman shades adorn windows to block the sun or to give privacy. Traditional Roman shades are cut from rectangular fabric and fall straight down.
Choosing Candles & Scents Part 1 - Candles for July
Deciding on just a few candles is rarely easy. With so much to choose from now (possibly even thousands of scents), it's next to impossible to choose just one.
Ceiling Fans: Past and Present
Philip Diehl first invented the ceiling fan in 1882, around the same time electricity was beginning to spread into homes and businesses throughout the country. Over the next decade, Diehl improved his original idea and made it more practical.
A Guide to Wood Stove Inserts
A wood stove insert serves several purposes. First of all, they can keep heat from escaping through the fireplace.
home | site map
All articles are copyright to their owners.
Note: this website lists articles, We do not Write Articles !