List Categories | List All Articles | List Articles By Title
Country Decorating Ideas - Create Warmth and Charm with Country Style Decorating Ideas
Country decorating ideas can help you create a home that is warm, inviting and the perfect home to live in. Country style decorating ideas help you capture the spirit of country living during modern times. If you are restoring a country home, try to keep the original woodwork, windows, floors, fixtures and cabinetry unless they are beyond salvaging. For decorating a new or existing home, there are choices you can make that will provide you with the charm and comfort of life in the countryside.
Consider these country decorating ideas and country style decorating ideas:
1. Country Dining Rooms - use a large rectangular table made of pine, oak, walnut or mahogany with wooden chairs or old benches that are similar in style and material. A corner cupboard, plate racks, dresser or sideboard will provide perfect storage and serving area for the dining room as long as they match the style and the materials of the table and chairs.
2. Country Bathroom Decorating - country bathroom floors are made of wood, ceramic tile, linoleum, vinyl or natural cork. Carpeting used in the country bathroom is not appropriate. Wood and brass accessories are perfect materials to use in a country bathroom. Plain white towels instead of patterned or bright modern patterns are better. Wicker or wire baskets keep your sponges, loofas and shampoos handy near the tub or shower besides looking great.
3. Country Kitchen Decorating Ideas - use country decorating ideas in your kitchen. Give your kitchen a calm, elegant country atmosphere with soft colored walls, antique-looking lighting (chandeliers with wrought iron arms), wooden antiques or antique reproduction cabinets, plate racks and stone or wood fireplaces. Kitchen cabinets made of wood, aged surfaces, natural materials, rough finishes and round knobs provide a country style. Cabinets or kitchen furniture made of pine, even painted, can be beautiful key elements in the country kitchen. Country kitchen countertops use ceramic tiles or even hand painted tiles, slate or marble. If you want to use laminate materials, go for plain colors for coverings. Terracotta tiles, brick, stone and wood are very popular materials for country kitchen floors.
4. Kids Rooms - use wicker baskets, wooden chests and wooden bookshelves for storing books, toys and stuffed animals. When using tall bookshelves in your kid's rooms, anchor them to the ceiling or walls so they cannot tip over. Bright colored plastic boxes are not good country style decorating ideas.
5. Furniture - furniture with simple lines, perhaps made of lacquered pine wood works great. Give furniture a rustic look by finishing it in a distressed, aged way. For example, brush on a coat of paint, then rub most of the paint off with a sponge or cloth. When dried, apply wood stain sealer unevenly. It will be perfect! Or use two paint colors and sandpaper to create a distressed look for unpainted or previously painted surfaces. Get free country decorating ideas by visiting your local home decorating or paint store for help with materials and techniques. Have fun looking for antiques, reproductions and handmade products when buying furniture for your country home.
6. Sofas or Love Seats - country decorating ideas can transform your love seat or sofa. Add a beautiful loose floral print "slipcover" for a romantic country look. Include padded stools and ottomen for comfort and as a place to set your drinks or newspaper. Add one or more rocking chairs. Traditional country chairs and sofas have high backs. And if the living room has a bay window, consider building a window seat with several cushions, a perfect place for reading and relaxing. High tripod side tables are appropriate next to the sofa or love seat for country home decor.
7. Antique Cupboards or White Cabinets - use a white cabinet or antique cupboard to show your ceramics, pottery, yellowware bowls, glass jars, or a collection of enamelware from the 30's or 40's to give your home a beautiful country style. Open shelving not only provides storage, it gives the room a country look, especially when earthware, stoneware and rustic items are displayed.
Country decorating ideas and country style decorating ideas remind us of the way life was lived many years ago. Everyday country life was often difficult, filled with physical demands and long hours. Even so, country life was simpler and closer to nature without the stress of modern city life.
Use country decorating ideas to help recreate the ambience, peacefulness and pleasures of closeness to nature without having to endure the hardships. Read all you can find about country style decorating ideas. From using old furniture to the colors and fabrics you choose to how your things are arranged, create the country atmosphere in your home that celebrates the lifestyle that used to be.
Copyright 2005 InfoSearch Publishing
David Buster is VP of InfoSearch Publishing and webmaster of http://www.yourdreamloghome.com - visit the website for more on country home decorating and design, kitchen and bathroom design and decor tips, home storage, fireplaces and more.
Decorate Your Home with Shabby Chic
Are you ready to redecorate but have a limited budget? Do you have some great furniture but nothing matches? Do you love antiques but not stiff formal decor? Then think Shabby Chic, a fun decorating style that solves all these dilemmas and more.Shabby Chic is one of the hottest trends in decorating, and for good reason.
A Look at Faux Wood Blinds
For those who want the warmth of wood, but are concerned with wood damage, faux-wood blinds may b e the answer. They are made of artificial materials but are designed to look just like real wood blinds.
Bedroom Benches - The Ease of Decorating With Them
Do you want to add a sense of style and sophistication to your bedroom space but are not sure how to accomplish it? Do you have a large bedroom that would benefit from the addition of a gorgeous, functional piece of furniture? Is your bedroom lacking in closet space? If so, you should consider getting a bedroom bench.Far from being just another piece of furniture, bedroom benches bring unparalleled grace and elegance to bedrooms with all types of décor.
Add Summer To Your Home
Here's a decorating challenge just for fun in this hot humid mid-summer month. What colors are hot this summer? Turquoise, Coral, Raspberry, Green and Candy striped colors.
Summers Unexpected Outdoor Candelabra
For picnic tables, decks, porches, patios, and sidewalks, decorators are using an unusual source of candle lighting. Fireplace candelabra-those candle holders intended for fireplaces-have moved outside for the summer!Fireplace candelabra were originally designed to hold candles in your fireplace when you want the glow of flickering flames but not the heat or hassle of wood or gas fires.
Oriental Area Rugs - Know Before You Buy an Oriental Rug
Did you know that you can usually tell the country from which an Oriental rug originated from its design and style? While we often think of 'Oriental rugs' as having an overall defining style, the truth is that there are many styles of Oriental rugs, most of them growing from traditional patterns and materials common to the country or area in which they originated. Experts in Oriental rugs spend years learning the variations of patterns, materials, colors and weave that are characteristic of the different areas of the Orient.
A Sofa Slip Cover Will Add New Life To Your Tired Furniture!
A sofa slip cover may be just what you need to add some life to that old, tired looking couch of your. There are many advantages to owning a sofa slip cover.
Heres Why Interior Decorating Makes A Statement About You
Interior decorating is that medium which can make your closed spaces convey to the observer a lot about you and your lifestyle through strategic use of elements which range from the visual (color, lighting, form) to the tactile (surface, shape, texture) to the auditory (noise, echo).The more alluring the result, the more the aesthetic, practical and technical appreciation for these elements the designer must have.
Creative Decorating Ideas Using Old Windows
A Room With A ViewHave you ever wished you had a great view right outside your bedroom window but all you see when you wake up in the morning is the wall of the next-door neighbor's house? Well then follow these easy steps to create your own window with a great view.What You Will Need for This Decorating Project:1.
Children's bedroom furniture and nursery furniture can help turn a bland and boring bedroom into a fun and cozy retreat. Since there is a wide range of designs and materials available, you can find the perfect children's furniture for your child's bedroom, whether you prefer a whimsical decorating style or practical, sturdy pieces.
A Guide to Shower Curtains
Bathrooms do not always offer many opportunities to make style statements. Sure, you can paint the walls or change the flooring.
Embossed Votive Holder Shade
Create the look of a Stained Glass Votive HolderSupplies Needed:Most items can be found in the Scrap booking/Stamping section of your local craft store.Straight-Sided Clear Glass Votive HolderVellumCraft Markers of various colorsHole PunchDecorative StringEmbossing Powder in your choice of colorVersamark Ink PadEmbossing Heat ToolScissorsTape Measure or Ruler1.
Choosing Conservatory Blinds
Since conservatories have so many windows, choosing conservatory blinds is extremely important. The blinds are a major part of the room's decor and can really help create a strong, beautiful design.
How to Install Bamboo Flooring
Not just food for pandas or the stuff of cheap picnic mats, bamboo is now being processed with modern techniques into beautiful "hardwood" flooring that beats standard wood floors in durability, hardness, and dimensional stability.An added bonus to these beautiful floors is the knowledge that bamboo, unlike wood, grows quickly and abundantly, reaching maturity in five years or less.
Custom Mini Blinds
In the mini blind market, you have three types of options: You can buy what is ready-made and is widely available in retail stores; buy ready-made but cut to fit blinds; and one-inch slat mini blinds that can fit one-eighth of an inch near your required specifications.In the first option, you get the general size of your window and find the blind that closely fits it.
Choosing Interior Doors
When it's time to decorate - whether it's for a brand new home or redecorating the family manse, one thing that's often overlooked as a 'style choice' is the interior doors. After all, a bedroom door is a bedroom door, right?And yet, the style of door that you choose can make a subtle, definitive difference throughout your home.
For A Pleasant Smelling Home
If you're anything like me and the scent of something pleasant can instantly lift your mood, then a house that is pleasant smelling will be a constant lift-booster. Here are some ways to do it.
A Look at Shiatsu Massage Chairs
The term "shiatsu" refers to a form of Asian massage. This traditional massage uses techniques of digging deep into the muscle tissue to ease out knots and relieve tension.
Pass the Salt - Its a Hot Collectible
Part of the attraction of any collectible is the story that surrounds it, and salt-cellars have a tale to tell. Here's what you need to know about this condiment collectible.
The Benefits of Hanging Wine Racks
Hanging wine racks help to neatly store wine in tight spaces. You can find wall-mounted wine racks that hold six bottles with slots to hang your stemware.
home | site map
All articles are copyright to their owners.
Note: this website lists articles, We do not Write Articles !