List Categories | List All Articles | List Articles By Title
Easy And Inexpensive Kitchen Decorating Tips
Small changes can have a big effect on how your kitchen looks. Below are 11 decorating ideas that you can do yourself in a day or less. Not only are these simple changes are easy to do, but they are inexpensive too!
1. Afraid of changing your drab white kitchen walls? Instead of choosing rich, deep colors for your first project, you will likely feel more comfortable with a neutral such as beige or gray which will not date the room or create a jarring palate that you will easily tire of.
2. Brighten up the kitchen. Use mirrors to capture the sunlight and bounce it around. Try putting a mirror across from a window or on a wall that corners against the window wall for the most light distribution.
3. Make seasonal changes. Moving the kitchen furniture into a 'summer arrangement' can optimize your space and give it a more airy feel. Make it light and breezy - think about removing some of the furniture and decorations for a lighter feel. Open those curtains and let the sun shine in!
4. Use slipcovers. Slipcovers over your chairs can soften the room and add to your decor. For the holidays, try using special covers in holdiay patters or colors. For a nice summer change use white cotton or canvas slipcovers on the chairs.
5. Get ideas from the pros. Look in magazines, books, television or the internet to get a flavor of the accessories and designs you would like to see in your kitchen. IF you see a kitchen decorated in a way that you like, think about how you can duplicate the same decor in your home.
6. Decorate with cookbooks. You can make a nice display with your cookbooks. Try grouping them in interesting configurations with some laying down and some standing. Don't put small books next to tall books but align them in graduating sizes.
7. Warm it up with rugs. Area rugs can add a splash of color or cover up an old or unmatching floor. When buying rugs, measure the space so you can be sure to get the right size. Rugs used under a table should be large enough to also accommodate the chairs when fully pulled out.
8. Bring the outdoors inside. Don't be afraid to hang plants from any bare ceiling corner to give a lived in feeling to a plain kitchen. Plants provide interest and soften up the room. For above the cabinets or hard to reach places, silk plants work just as well as real ones, however, if you do buy silk, go with a good quality arrangement that looks realistic.
9. Change your look with accessories. A few strategically places accessories can change your kitchen from dull to dramatic! Maybe you want to go with a certain theme and you might be able to give your kitchen a whole new look just by replacing some key accessories like toaster covers, dish towels, cannister sets, salt and pepper shakers and pot holders.
10. Change your cabinet pulls. Theres so many different styles of cabinet pulls these days - figural, wooden, ceramic, glass - you should be able to find a design that matches your new decor easily. They are easy to install yourself and your friends will think you got new cabinets!
11. Add a border. wallpaper borders are easy to put up and can add color and interest. You can use them at the top of the wall or go with a less traditional use underneath the cabinets. Use them at chair rail height to break up long walls. An even less expensive (but more labor intensive) alternative is to use stencils and paint.
Lee Dobbins writes for Kitchen Decorating Ideas where you can find tips to decorate your kitchen no matter what your budget. Visit http://www.a-kitchen-decorating-idea.com today and find out more about decorating your kitchen for less!
Tips for Taking Care of Fine Wood Furniture
Now that you have purchased some fine wood furniture, it is important to take proper care of it. With some basic care, your fine furniture can last for years, and stay just as beautiful as the day you bought it.
The Many Types Of Light Available Today
The Many Types Of Light Available TodayWhat's in a light bulb? For most people, an incandescent light bulb comes to mind when discussing "light". The incandescent light bulb has traditionally provided homes with light into the wee hours of the night.
The ABC of Being a Good Interior Designer
It may seem that all you need to be a good interior designer is a sense of aesthetics and a flair for design. That is a good start, yes, but it gets you about five feet forward in terms of your career.
Decorating on a Shoestring Budget
Right now one of the most popular shows on television is, ‚??Trading Spaces.‚?? If you haven‚??t gotten an opportunity to watch this show, the object of the game is to decorate one room in someone else‚??s house with a budget of a $1,000.
A Spring Sampler
Spring is in the air, or at least we all wish it were! If you'd like to get rid of the winter doldrums and usher in some life to your home, here are some easy steps you can take now, before the crocuses bloom.∑ Put out several bouquets and arrangements of "silk" flowers in bright colors.
A Guide to Wood Stove Inserts
A wood stove insert serves several purposes. First of all, they can keep heat from escaping through the fireplace.
Adding A Shower Enclosure Can Transform Your Bathroom!
In these days of deadlines and time limits, shower enclosures are an increasingly popular option. Jumping in the shower is a time-saving alternative to a long soak in the tub, so having a shower enclosure fitted in your bathroom can transform your daily routine.
Decorating A Childs Room
Decorating your child's room should be fun and exciting for all involved. The most important thing to remember when planning or decorating your child's room is to keep the decor age appropriate.
Redecorating with Shower Curtain Hooks
Shower curtains are a quick and inexpensive way to change the look of your bathroom. For much less than $100, you can go from plain to exceptional.
A Guide to Discontinued Wedgwood China
Everything has its day and its time, and Wedgwood China is no exception to the rule. Because the company is 250 years old there are patterns that were used to create dishware that simply no longer exist, but pieces of the dishware still do.
The Ultimate Strategy for Decorating a Childs Room!
When it comes to decorating a child's room, your approach should be different from decorating an adult bedroom. That's because a child's bedroom should reflect his or her personality and not yours.
Finding Discount Waterbed Sheets
Consumers may be led to believe that waterbed sheets are more expensive than conventional sheets, but this is not true. Cheap waterbed sheets are easy to come by.
If you are buying a free-standing cooker, oven or hob to makeover your kitchen, you may want to consider shopping for a few other important kitchen appliances, as well. Agas and cooker hoods are both important tools for the serious cook.
The Importance of Home Air Filters
Many people are not aware that the air inside our homes is five times harmful than the air outside. Because of airtight home and office building constructions, the airborne pollutants are trapped inside, making the contaminated air unable to escape.
A Unique Look at Murphy Wall Beds
California has always been a fertile spot for fresh ideas, including the ultimate space-savers and instant room transformers - Murphy wall beds. Invented around 1900 by San Francisco resident, William L.
A Guide to Vinyl Shutters
Most people would agree that wood shutters are beautiful. They add class and grace to most any home.
5 Tips to Preschoolers Bedrooms, on a Budget
Decorating on a budget can always be a challenge, but nowhere do our hearts yearn to provide a beautiful room as much as when it comes to our little ones. Luckily, there are some great ideas you can do today, to punch up your preschoolers room, and keep the costs as little as they are!1.
Taking Care of Your Futon Covers
Futon Covers are made from some of the unique & supreme upholstery fabrics produced in the home furnishings industry.Futon covers allow the customers with the exclusive opportunity of changing their room decor by changing the futon covers.
Contemporary Rugs Can Transform a Room
When tackling a do-it-yourself home decorating project, you can use rugs as a relatively inexpensive means of enhancing or transforming a room. There are practical considerations in how to use rugs to advantage, and how to get good value for your money.
Magic Carpet Ride?
There are hundreds of choices carpet choices out there! How does one decide?Whether you are carpeting a room, a home or an office, you will find a vast array of colors, piles and styles when you go looking for your new carpet. It's hard to know where to start.
home | site map
All articles are copyright to their owners.
Note: this website lists articles, We do not Write Articles !