List Categories | List All Articles | List Articles By Title
Seven Investment Terms Everyone Should Know
For those who have never given their financial future a second thought, the term "Financial Planning" could be a scary one. Investments can be a smart way to invest money for your future, but it can be confusing for those who have no experience in the financial business. Before you consult a financial planner it is wise to become familiar with some of the terminology that you are likely to hear from him or her.
* Mutual Fund-An investment made with money that is collected by individuals with an investment goal in mind. The mutual fund is handled primarily buy a person known as the fund manager. Mutual funds are easy and cost efficient, since you are not responsible for making the decision as to where to invest the money.
* Asset Allocation Fund-A mutual fund that incorporates several types of investments such as stocks, bonds, real estate, and foreign stocks. These are typically for the small investors who want to invest in a variety of funds in order to maintain a constant return.
* Risk-Return Trade-Off-This is the amount of money that you can stand to lose versus the amount of money you are willing to invest. Investments that are low-risk often have low payoffs, while investments that are high risk usually have higher payoffs. When investing money you must determine the amount of money you can lose before determining how much money you will invest and where you will invest it.
* Compounding-Money made from an investment that will then be reinvested into the same or another investment to generate its own earnings.
* Bonds-Money that is loaned to a company or the government at a specified interest rate. The company will usually give some kind of document that states the amount loaned and the agreed upon interest rate and the total amount that will be repaid at a specific time or "maturity date".
* Stocks-Pieces of a company that are for sale. One would buy stocks from a company at a given price in hopes that the company would gain a significant amount of money and that they would be able to sell the stocks at a higher price.
* Money Market Funds-Money invested in debt by a mutual fund. The goal is to obtain money from interest to the debt. The benefit of the Money Market Account is that they offer very low investments of less than $1.00.
Timothy Gorman is a successful Webmaster and publisher of Debt-Relief-Solutions.com. He provides more debt relief, credit counseling, repair and free financial planning information that you can research in your pajamas on his website.
Beta Factors: How They Can Be Used In The Current Situation
Ever since the turn of the century, world stock markets have been very volatile. In other words there have been significant movements (up or down) in share prices.
Playing With Money - And Making More
Ready to start playing with your money? Not interested in complicated businesses or boring bank C.D.
Oil and Gasoline Price Uncertainties
The Light Crude Continuous Contract hit an all-time high at $70.85 a barrel, while Unleaded Gasoline Futures spiked 50% or $1 a gallon on Tuesday.
Reading Between The Lines In Annual Proxy Statements
Upper Saddle River, N.J.
Top Ten Investment Mistakes
1. Lacking an investment plan a/k/a/ "Don't take a trip without packing the map".
Critical Options Investing Tip When Trading Naked Calls and Puts
An option is a derivative trading product that is best used by investors as a hedging tool providing investing profit protection and profit enhancement. Although it is a powerful risk management tool, it can also be used effectively as a stand-alone trading vehicle.
Can Using Sales Leaseback Method of Investment Property Acquisition Reduce Risk?
Sales Leaseback compared to traditional property investmentCan a Sales Leaseback arrangement make investing in Orlando investment properties more safe and reliable?Yes. Providing a guaranteed rental amount each month is the safest and most reliable way to realize a return on your investment.
The Realities Of Market Timing
Market timing systems are based on patterns of activity in the past. Every system that you are likely to hear about works well when it is applied to historical data.
By definition, value investing is the process of selecting stocks that trade for less than their intrinsic value. A value investor typically selects stocks with lower than average price-to-book or price-to-earning ratios.
Let's first understand what maniac means. According to Webster a maniac is "mad; raging with madness; raging with disordered intellect".
Out-Of-State Investors Check List of Questions
The following lists of questions are suggested questions to ask before you plan to purchase residential real estate outside of your neighborhood.It's probably best to speak with at least three licensed real estate sales professionals and three property managers in the area.
Short Term Savings Products
When you invest, it simply means that you are putting your funds in products, in this case short-term savings vehicles, which will allow you to reap high financial rewards.Here is a list of the more common short term savings products you should consider investing in.
For Entrepreneurs A SIMPLE Plan May Be Best
Q: I own a small decorating business and I'll be the first to admit that I don't know anything about taxes or retirement plans. I'd like to set up a 401(k) or an IRA or some other kind of retirement plan for me and my three employees.
Need To Trade!
You don't HAVE to be trading.As a novice trader, you'll often feel the need to trade.
Choosing A Financial Advisor
With so many financial advisors trying to woo you with their qualifications and experience, how do find one you can trust your finances with? 'Trust' is the keyword here, as you will depend on him/her for your future financial security. A good financial advisor can help you determine which investments are best suited for you, based on your financial goals.
Four Key Components To Building A Trading System
Need some insight on what you should really be striving for when you're building a mechanical trading system? When it comes down to it, there are really only a few criteria that are used in judging the merits of a trading system. The most obvious one is profitability - does the system work? But really, there's more to it than just that.
Investor Guide to Financial Health
Step 1: Spend less than you earnPerhaps the simplest financial concept is the toughest for us to conquer- spend less than you earn. After paying your living expenses (bills, loan and mortgage payments, cost of food, charitable contributions, taxes, etc), you can begin to save and invest toward your future.
New U.S. Mint Coins a Golden Opportunity
In April, the U.S.
July 2005: Hurricane Forecasts for Weather Traders
Tropical Storm Arlene formed as a tropical depression on June 8, 2005 near 83 West Longitude and 17 North Latitude. Although Dr.
Critical Investors Business Daily Responsibilities - If not Followed Could Cost You Millions!
When thinking about the investors business daily responsibilities in today’s market environment, the best remedy for this situation is for you to get more involved in your own investing decisions.The problem is that most individual investors do not have the knowledge, resources, or time to spend doing their own research, stock selection, execution, and position management.
home | site map
All articles are copyright to their owners.
Note: this website lists articles, We do not Write Articles !