List Categories | List All Articles | List Articles By Title
Home Equity Loans Company - 7 Key Questions to Help You Choose One
Choosing the right home equity loan can be tricky; you have to consider interest rates and repayment schedules, among others. Choosing the right lender, however, does not have to be a difficult task. If you ask the right questions, you can pick the best lender for your needs. The following is a list of seven essential questions that you should ask any potential lender.
1. What are the terms? This will include interest rates and the length of the loan. Some lenders may require you to carry private mortgage insurance or to pay your mortgage through ACH deposit. Get the terms in writing, so that you can compare them with other lenders.
2. How about my credit? Your credit score may play a huge factor in deciding which lender to go through. If you have bad or no credit, many lenders may not be able to help you. So you will want to find a lender that offers sub-prime loans for borrowers of your credit status. Bad credit does not necessarily disqualify you for a loan, but it will make the process a bit more difficult.
3. What is their reputation? The lender will delve into your personal and financial history, so why shouldn't you do the same? If the company is public, you should have no trouble finding financial and news information. Look for recent mergers or restructurings that could indicate a potential problem. Be weary of lenders that are not publicly traded. Many lenders use the same underwriters, so do your homework beforehand.
4. How much will the loan cost me? Closing costs can be a major concern for most homeowners. You probably need the home equity loan because you are short on funds or in debt, so coming up with a few thousand dollars for closing costs can be all but impossible for many borrowers. Your lender should be able to provide you with a good faith estimate (GFE) that will outline the fees that you will be responsible for.
5. How long is the process? A typical home equity loan, should not take more than a month on average. Ask your lender how long the process will take from the initial application to receipt of the funds. This can be particularly critical if you are needed to do repairs on your home, such as purchasing a new water heater.
6. Is the staff knowledgeable? Never underestimate the power of a good customer service representative. Ask the loan officer and others in the office the various questions that you have. They should be knowledgeable on the loan process, and be able to guide you through the process.
7. Early payment penalty? If you won the lottery or got a big raise, would you be able to pay your loan off early? Many people forget to ask this question when choosing a lender, but it can save you thousands of dollars. So, make sure that if you choose to sell your home before it is paid off, you will be covered.
Use your common sense when choosing a home equity loan bank. Research the company just as you would with any major purchase. Don't be afraid to ask questions, and to try another lender if you don't get the answers that you desire. It is your home and your money on the line, so do your homework!
John Ross is a freelance author who writes articles about financial loans including: home equity loans company, online home equity loans, and fixed rate home equity loans. The Loanchbox is a user friendly website designed to inform beginners about home equity loans.
How Much Home Loan Can I Afford?
Have you ever asked yourself how much home loan can I afford? If you know how much of a payment you qualify for before shopping for a home, your purchase will go much smoother and it can save you a lot of headaches.How would you like to find the perfect place to live then not know if you can qualify for the loan? Long before you even start looking for your home, you need to know how much home loan you can afford.
What Is The Best Deal For A Mortgage?
Few of us invest the time and effort into researching and securing the best deal for a mortgage to purchase our home.For most of us, our house is the single most important and expensive purchase we ever make!We invest a lot of time and effort into finding the perfect property in the best location and with as many of the features from our wish list as possible, yet, when it comes to finding the best deal for a mortgage, we take what is offered rather than researching and securing the best mortgage for our situation.
Remortgage Debt Consolidation - The New Recourse For Credit Crunch
Shakespeare once said about human nature 'with nothing shall be pleased, till he be eased with being nothing'. It is human nature to not be satisfied with anything for long.
New Home Loan - Understand The Various Types Of Mortgage Lenders
So, you've decided to buy a house, and you're ready for that all important next step-applying for a mortgage loan. But where should you go? After all, the mortgage business is complex, and you've realized quickly that your choices for lenders are immense.
Home Equity Lines of Credit Vs. Other Conventional Loans
When it comes to getting money, you have two basic options. If you are a homeowner you can choose to take out a home equity line or credit (HELOC), or you can take out a conventional loan.
Jumbo Home Mortgage Loans - What They Are and Where To Get Jumbo Loan Financing
A jumbo mortgage is different than a conforming loan. A jumbo loan amount exceeds that limit set by FNMA.
Home Equity Loans - How To Use Your Homes Equity to Consolidate Debt
If you've got a wallet full of credit cards, and monthly payments on them that total more than 25% of your monthly income, chances are that you've considered debt consolidation loans or some other means of taming your credit card debt. But did you know that a home equity loan is another way to get the money that you need to pay off your creditors, reduce your monthly payments, and get out from under the weight of all those monthly payments?A home equity loan is essentially a second mortgage taken out with your house as the collateral.
Finding the Best Mortgage Lender Online
Finding the best mortgage lender online is simply a matter of doing some smart shopping. Begin by gathering your financial information, and then request quotes from several lenders.
Interest-only Equity Loans Create Amazing Power and are Quite Easy to Get
The power of home equity and interest-only payments, provided from most home equity loans is amazing. You can get a home equity loan, with no closing costs and pay as little as $30.
Home Mortgage Refinancing - What's in Your Contract?
Are you one of the millions of Americans who will be refinancing their home mortgage loan this year? When you sign your contract and the other papers for your refinance, will you know what your signing?Your Contract: This one is simple, but I would guess very few people do it. READ THE ENTIRE CONTRACT.
Refinance Your Property Online
By refinancing your property online you can take advantage of competitive rates in the convenience of your home. You should consider refinancing your property if interest rates are lower, your financial situation has improved, or your credit rating has improved.
How to Get the Best Mortgage
This is a guide on how to get the best mortgage deal. Do not rush into the first offer that is made to you even if you are in a hurry for a mortgage.
Home Equity Loans - 5 Useful Application Tips
Obtaining a home equity loan does not have to be a major ordeal. Unlike your first mortgage, you are already in the home, and usually time is not such a major factor.
Home Owner Loans Explained
How To Release Equity Locked Up In Your Home For Immediate Use.Free up the monetary worth tied up in your property by asking your financial advisor for information on a secured home owner loan.
Home Equity Line of Credit - Great Idea for Rainy Day Emergencies
Most Americans tend to live on a paycheck-to-paycheck basis, and the typical household has nearly $10,000 in credit card debt. Adding to that is the fact that Americans are saving money at the lowest rate in history.
Home Loans For People With Bad Credit - Tips To Getting Approved Online
Buying a home with bad credit doesn't have to stop you from finding an affordable lender. By shopping online for a lender you can find the best lending rates for your situation.
What is a Repayment Mortgage?
A repayment mortgage is the type of mortgage that most people think about. The idea behind a repayment mortgage is that you pay monthly for a set period and each payment consists of an element of capital and interest.
Build Your Own Dream House!
So you're thinking about building your own house, are you? Well, you've come to the right place! It's a lot of fun (hard work and eventually fun!) to build your own home and it will save you thousands of dollars(we saved over a Hundred Grand by doing it ourselves - that's pretty significant cash!). If you happen to live in a Large City, like Los Angeles, or anywhere that Real Estate Values are 'close-to-insane', you could potentially save millions of dollars.
HELOCs and Second Mortgages: Which One Should I Choose?
Whether you need some extra cash to pay off some credit card debts, or to make some home improvements, home equity lines of credit or second mortgages can be great ways to get started.Many people looking to borrow money often opt for home equity line of credit, or HELOCs, for short.
No Money Down Mortgage Loans - Ways To Get Approved For a Home Loan Online With Zero Down
No money down mortgage loans enabled more people to own their own home. The following ways will help you get approved for a home loan online with zero down.
home | site map
All articles are copyright to their owners.
Note: this website lists articles, We do not Write Articles !