List Categories | List All Articles | List Articles By Title
5 Home Buying Essentials
Purchasing a home involves certain important, even essential, steps that every buyer should take before closing on a purchase. Let's examine these "essentials" which, if properly implemented, can help you save valuable time and aggravation.
1. Determine What You Can Borrow. Sure, if you know your interest rate and the length of the loan you can pretty much determine your monthly payments, right? No! You must include your property taxes, homeowners insurance, and association or maintenance fees, if applicable. These "added" costs can significantly contribute to higher monthly payments. No lender will give you a loan without figuring these costs in.
2. Know Your Fees. Closing costs can add up to the tune of several thousand dollars. Title searches, realtor fees, loan applications, attorney fees, and legal fees must be taken into consideration. Many states require lenders to give to borrowers a ballpark figure of what these costs will be.
3. Shop For A Loan. The longer you plan on staying in your home, the more likely you will want a fixed rate mortgage. If you are planning on a short stay, a variable rate mortgage may work best for you. Consider an interest free mortgage if you basically plan on "flipping" the home in one or two years. Of course, you had better hope that your home appreciates significantly in that time otherwise you may find yourself owing more than what you originally paid for the house!
4. Get Pre Approved. Realtors and sellers will take you seriously if you are pre-approved for a loan. In some cases the pre-approval will not only swing a deal your way, but you could find the sellers are more receptive to lowering their price if they believe you are a serious shopper.
5. Negotiate. You may not be able to get the seller to drop the price of their home, but you may be able to get them to sweeten the deal by including certain extras. Air conditioners, refrigerators, washers, dryers, ceiling fixtures, and window treatments are some of the things that add value to your purchase. If extra items are included in the sale, then your later pay out for these items will disappear.
In all, if you are a thoughtful and savvy shopper you should be able to save money on the purchase of your home by following these five essentials.
Matthew Keegan is The Article Writer who covers topics from business to health to mortgages. You can view samples of his work at http://www.thearticlewriter.com
Bad Credit Mortgage Refinance - Should I, Shouldnt I?
It is a common financial scenario across households in the Western world. Multiple debts have started to build up: a car loan here, a department store loan there; a bank loan here and several credit cards there.
Get the Best Rate on Your Home Mortgage Loan
Home mortgage interest rates hit record lows in 2004 and have remained at record lows as we go through 2005. It is possible today to get a thirty-year fixed rate home mortgage loan for under five percent, and an adjustable rate mortgage can be found for under four percent if you look hard enough!However, record low mortgage rates do not mean that you should take the first mortgage offer made to you, even if it sounds low.
What is a Buy To Let Mortgage?
A buy to let mortgage is a mortgage on a property which is to be let out or rented, rather than occupied by the owner. A buy to let mortgage is exactly as it sounds - a mortgage that allows you to buy a property in order to let if out to a tenant.
California Bad Credit Mortgage
California is a beautiful place to live There is no doubt about that. But, to live in California you must pay the price, which is sky high real estate prices.
FHA Mortgage: Whats the Best Way to Show an Underwriter that Youre Ready to Buy a House?
Mortgage underwriters can be a suspicious bunch. If you have bruised or even bad credit, you have your work cut out for you.
Finding the Best Home Improvement Loan Rate
If you're looking for a good home improvement loan rate, you might have to take your time and shop around a little bit.The home improvement loan rate that you get can depend on several factors? your credit history, the amount of the loan you're requesting, national interest rates, and even the equity of your house or real estate.
A New Choice for Home Financing: Correspondent Lenders
When you begin your search for a new home loan, one of the first things to consider is where you'll get the money. Your basic choices will be mortgage brokers and banks.
A Simple Way to Save Thousands on Your Mortgage Charges
How many times do you check you restaurant bill? If not often, I would advise you to do it more, especially when dining on your overseas vacations. Still, much more Americans check their restaurants bill, than the number of homebuyers, who check the charges for their mortgages.
Home Equity Loans Categories
Fixed Rate Mortgages: These loans have a fixed rate of interest over the entire term for which the loan has been disbursed. The term for these mortgages is typically between 10 to 30 years.
Bad Credit? With Poor Credit You Can Still Refinance Or Get A Home Equity Line Of Credit
Have you decided to refinance your home or apply for a home equity line of credit but worry about your credit rating? Even with poor credit it is possible to refinance your existing mortgage or obtain a home equity line of credit. New practices in the lending industry have made it easier than ever for you to refinance your mortgage or get a home equity line of credit.
Total Cost Of Credit vs Monthly Payments
I read a press release the other day which points to the fact we need to be very careful with our finances. The subject of the release was home mortgages.
Refinancing Your House - How to Know Whether to Refinance or get a Second Mortgage
Refinancing your house's mortgage is not the same thing as getting a second mortgage. While both allow you to cash out your home's equity, terms and rates differ between the two types of loans.
Why Choose a Home Improvement Loan?
Many people choose to take out home improvement loans so they can give their house a new look before selling.Home Improvement Loans can help you if you have been considering doing some home improvements to your home and have now decided to look for a loan to turn those home improvement ideas into reality.
What is a Repayment Mortgage?
A repayment mortgage is the type of mortgage that most people think about. The idea behind a repayment mortgage is that you pay monthly for a set period and each payment consists of an element of capital and interest.
Getting a Home Improvement Loan: What Your Bank Needs
The popularity of stores like Home Depot and Lowe's show how many homeowners are jumping on the home improvement bandwagon. Maybe you're thinking of redoing part of your house as well.
Why Choose a Home Owner Loan?
Most people choose a home owner loan as it can release the capital that is tied up in their property for immediate use. The loan can be used for any purpose, and is available to anyone who owns their home.
Hard Money Loans - Reasons Why You Might Want To Try Applying With A Subprime Mortgage Lender
Before you apply for a hard money loan, try applying with a subprime mortgage lender first for lower rates and fees. Hard money lenders charge excessive fees to high-risk borrowers, but will only lend 50% to 75% of the value of the property.
Option ARM Mortgage Loan - Is This Really for You?
What happened to the days of a 15 or 30 year fixed rate mortgage loan? Ultimately this is the safest and most popular mortgage loan product in our industry, but new mortgage products are hitting the market, and we in the mortgage business are using them to our advantage; ever heard the radio advertisement saying, "buy a $200K home for $643.28 per month; call XYZ Mortgage Company to apply"? The product used in this ad is called an Option ARM, and I feel it's my duty as a mortgage professional to tell you what this product is in case you happen to meet up with that loan officer whose only concern is to make a fee, and not have your best interest in mind.
Refinancing Your Home Mortgage Loan
You're considering refinancing your home mortgage loan to save money. Interest rates are the lowest they have been in decades.
Finding the Best Homeowner Loans for Your Money
Looking for the best homeowner loans can be stressful, especially when there are so many different lender options to choose from.Banks, finance companies, and online services all claim to offer the best homeowner loans? which one should you choose?The answer can depend upon what you're wanting out of a loan, what past business relationship you have with the lender in question, and the amount of equity that you have in your house to use as collateral for the loan.
home | site map
All articles are copyright to their owners.
Note: this website lists articles, We do not Write Articles !