List Categories | List All Articles | List Articles By Title
Ten Sure-Fire Rules To Put Old On Hold By At Least 25 Years
Would you like to feel and function like age 40 for an extra 25 years? Would you like to have a ton of energy, able to work at something you enjoy? Would you like to be free of many of the physical and mental problems generally considered age related?
You can do it.. Here are ten sure-fire rules to make it happen:
1. Love yourself. Not in a narcissistic sense, but in a spirit of gratitude for the marvelous mind and body your have been given. Those who appreciate what they have are less likely to indulge in food, alcohol, and tobacco abuse, and are less likely to neglect exercise and other anti-aging tactics.
2. Believe it's possible to control the aging process. This rule is not easy to accept because life is finite. You look at how family, friends and peers age, and not one of them is getting younger. However, that doesn't mean it's not possible to Put Old on Hold. Recall a time in history when the most respected scientific minds decreed the earth was flat? It was an irrefutable truth until someone sailed off into the horizon and returned to talk about the adventure. We have an "earth is flat" mentality about the aging process. The reality is, we have more control than we think.
3. If you can believe it is possible to put old on hold, then visualize how you want to be when you are 60, 70 and beyond. You must have a clear picture of what you desire and commit to making it happen. That commitment will drive the choices you make about how you live, think and behave.
4. After you accept the first three rules, it's essential to educate yourself about what constitutes a healthy anti-aging lifestyle. Your health is your number one priority. Nothing matters more. Pick up free magazines at health food stores - they contain informative, well-documented articles. Visit a bookstore and check out the wide variety of books about diet, supplements, and exercise. You must know as much about vitamins as you know about your favorite TV personalities. It's not work, it's an exciting journey. Read widely - do not latch on to the beliefs of any one health guru. Take your time. Evaluate everything you read. Be ready to change beliefs when it is obvious something else makes more sense.
5. Find a traditionally trained physician who has expertise in anti-aging nutrition and anti-aging medicine. This will help you reach your goal. Another caution: Do not "fall in love" with your anti-aging physician. Other doctors know even more and it is appropriate to shop around until you find someone who is really in harmony with your thinking and approach to anti-aging.
6. Engage in rigorous mental management. No more negative self talk such as "I must be getting old," or "I'm too old to do that anymore," or "I'm losing it." Your subconscious is your obedient servant. It listens to everything you say or think about yourself and will help get you where it thinks you want to go, faster than you can imagine.
7. Control lazy, human nature. Even if it's ten minutes of walking, do it on a regular basis. Do not engage in mental discussion about being too tired or some other excuse. Just do it. As middle age approaches control thoughts about entitlement. Do not expect or allow others to do for you what you are capable of doing for yourself. Unnecessary dependence is selfish, costly to self-esteem and hastens decline.
8. Do not allow negative comments from others about your appearance, health, or activities to throw you off track. Develop a bulletproof attitude about yourself. When asked how you are your response must always be, "I am terrific" and believe that you are!
9. Keep a running inventory of your youthful attributes. Only you can determine what they are, and the best way to discover what you value most is to observe old people. What do they do, or how do they live, think or behave that you consider "old"? When you decide what youthful attributes are important to you, make certain to stay focused on what you want to achieve.
10. Do not retire. If you are healthy, you cannot retire if want a fabulous second life at 60, 70 and beyond. Retirement expedites decline and a poverty-level lifestyle. By age 50 at the latest have an "exit plan" in place, so at 60 or 65, you can go on to a second career, go back to school, or start a new business.
You won't be too tired for a second career if you have faithfully followed rules 4 and 5. If you have taken care of yourself early in life, you should be in reasonably good to excellent health later on, ready for more than a rocking chair, bingo games or a nursing home.
Those are the rules. Adopt them and put them into action.
Barbara Morris, R.Ph. is a 75-year-old practicing pharmacist and recognized expert on anti-aging strategies. She is author of Put Old on Hold. Her website is http://www.PutOldonHold.com. Barbara can be seen and heard on http://www.MpowerTV.com. On that site, click on "Health and Exercise" and scroll down to her program. Barbara is also on Book Talk: 1-888-355-0600 Code 2711.
How to Get Rid of Inaction Paralysis!
How many times have you come up with a brilliant idea only to find yourself paralyzed with inaction and wondering/regretting why you never pursued it?How many times have you allowed those unfounded fears to stand in the way of your progress? How many times will you keep allowing inaction paralysis to rob you of the life you want?Whether you want to start a business, write a book or are looking for a new job or new clients, if you want to get results?you must act when your emotions are still high and the idea you have is sizzling hot! This is usually the time when the idea is so powerful and clear in your mind. You feel confident and enthusiastic?from this vantage point "anything is possible.
Who Is Stuart Goldsmith?
'Stuart Goldsmith? Who is Stuart Goldsmith?' you may be asking.I met Stuart at his retirement seminar in London at the end of 2002.
ADHD - Its a Wonderful Life
As I usually do over the Holidays, I watched one of my all-time favorite actors in one of my all time favorite movies and that's Jimmy Stewart in "It's a Wonderful Life". Co-starring Donna Reed and made in the 1940s, the movie was not critically acclaimed at the time, but over the years has become a stable of the Holiday Season.
How You Developed Bad Habits That Rob You Of Motivation
Bad habits rob you of your motivation.Today I want to tell you why I decided I absolutely had to take charge of my self-motivation.
9 Great Ways To Change Your Life By Changing Your Motivation Style
If you are not as productive as you'd like or tend to procrastinate, you can become motivated by changing your personal style. The trick lies in making the activities you put off more interesting, easier, and less unpleasant.
How To Motivate Yourself For Success?
I was having coffee with my friend the other day. He just joined a multi-level marketing company.
Are You in Touch With Your Inner M?
"M" is for Motivation.What motivates you to do a good job?Is it a sense of achievement?Recognition for a job well done?Helping people?Desire for responsibility?Solving problems?Making more money?You should give some thought to what motivates you to do your job better and allows you to feel a real sense of job satisfaction.
People Who Get What They Want: What Are They Thinking?
Imagine being able to choose any outcome and automatically feel motivated to make it happen.No matter what's standing in your way, you'd be so driven that you would blow right past it.
That First Step To Massive Success
Do you ever procrastinate? So do I!I had some work to do yesterday and I kept putting it off.I thought to my self - IŽll wait until later when I feel more alert and in the right frame of mind to do it just rightDo you ever do this?Then it hit me like a ton of bricks.
The Best Day Of My Life
Today, when I awoke, I suddenly realized that this is the best day of my life, ever!There were times when I wondered if I would make it to today; but I did! And because I did, I'm going to celebrate! Today, I'm going to celebrate what an unbelievable life I have had so far: the accomplishments, the many blessings, and, yes, even the hardships because they have served to make me stronger.I will go through this day with my head held high and a happy heart.
The Top Six Ways to Stay Motivated
I receive many emails from people that basically ask the same question: How can I keep myself motivated long term? This seems to be quite a common dilemma for many people so I want to address it because it can be done! Here are my tips for staying motivated:Get motivated every day.Zig Ziglar was once confronted about being a "motivational speaker.
Why it Pays to Have a Definite Life Purpose
When was the last time you were asked, what is your "Definite Life Purpose"?It is not like everyday we go around asking friends or family what their definite life purpose is or even talk about it. However, knowing what your definite life purpose is, will help you stay focused, accomplish your goals faster, and bring about the kind of results you would like to have in your life.
Your Most Important Opportunity says a top UK Personal Development Coach
For some people this article will turn out to be one of the most important things they've ever read.I say this because some people are ready to get to grips with life.
Make Fear a Nine Day Wonder - Motivate Yourself with Fun!
Have you heard something referred to as a "nine day wonder"? The phrase refers to something that causes a sensation for a brief period of time and then fades into obscurity. The origin of this phrase is usually tied to the nine-day reign of Lady Jane Grey (1537-1554) as Queen of England.
Ignite The Fire In Your Belly - How To Move From Being A Procrastinator To An Activator!
Are you sick and tired of not getting ahead and just can't get yourself out of a rut? Well, there are certain requirements (accountability, responsibility, commitment to yourself, forgiveness, positive think and speak, synchronicity within and outside) to help facilitate a real change.So, you're thinking - "Oh, these requirements are great.
About That Dream...
About that Dream..
Finding A Cure for I Disease
The 21-year-old rookie cop had his big chance to brag on himself at his big news conference. "How do you feel about being the one to capture Eric Rudolph, FBI's Most Wanted?" the reporter asked.
Ten Tips to Create More Life for Your Life
When people begin to investigate career change, often they don't want a new career at all. They love their career -- but they also want time for creating a life outside work.
How To Harness The Awesome, Unstoppable Power Of Persistence In 4 Easy Steps
Never underestimate the power of persistence!If you persist you really cannot fail.While you may fail many times along the way, you have not truly failed until you accept failure.
Motivtion: The Power of Responsibility
One of the things I've noticed about successful people is that they have a clear understanding of the relationship between cause and effect in their lives. Successful people understand that if they want something, they have to do all the necessary things to get it.
home | site map
All articles are copyright to their owners.
Note: this website lists articles, We do not Write Articles !