List Categories | List All Articles | List Articles By Title
12 Reasons You Should Learn to Play the Piano
All right, folks, here you go: My 12 reasons why you should start learning how to play the piano. Immediately. As in today. This very minute.
Okay, fine, finish this article first, THEN get started. And yes, I know that there are more than just 12 reasons to play the piano. But I happen to like the number 12. :)
1) Everyone should play at least one instrument. I truly believe that. Every person on Earth should be able to sit at SOME instrument and be capable of making beautiful music.
2) Playing the piano makes you feel (and look) sophisticated. Truly. No matter who you are or how many warts you have, you'll just exude class the second you begin tickling those ivories.
3) Piano playing keeps your brain active. It's very hard for your brain to rot when you consistently throw it the musical language to interpret.
4) You won't run out of things to do when you're bored. There's always a new way to play, always a new approach to playing, and always, always, ALWAYS a new song to learn. (See number 8.)
5) Family members can live vicariously through you. I'm semi-serious about that. The reason I began taking piano lessons (back when I was 10) was because of grandparents who didn't play, and over the years I've had numerous relatives enjoy playing through me. (I live to serve.)
6) People will automatically assume you're a genius. Honestly, I've heard this a lot. People uttering "He/she plays the piano" in the same tone reserved for "He/she has an IQ of 174." You just can't help but admire someone playing an instrument.
7) Piano playing is good for your hands. Indeed it is. I probably have stronger hands/fingers than most people I know. And have you ever noticed the hands of a pianist? Beautiful, long, tapered fingers. Chances are that if you've ever admired someone's hands, they play the piano.
8) Pianists never quit learning. There's absolutely no way to memorize every musical piece on earth. You could learn 10 new songs a day for the rest of your life without scratching the surface of songs out there.
9) Piano playing is FUN. Really. It's one of the funnest things I do. Think about it, why would so many of us do it if it weren't a blast?
10) Deep down, everyone wishes they played the piano. Have you ever read other people's New Year's Resolutions lists? If you haven't, then you're just not nosy like me. No, seriously, if you haven't, I'll tell you which wish consistently pops up: "Learn to play the piano."
11) Piano playing is SATISFYING. It's truly one of the most satisfying things you can do. (Right after touching your nose with your tongue. Or so I hear.) There's no feeling like playing a difficult song and playing it flawlessly. Quite an ego-boost.
12) Everyone loves a musician. 'Nuff said. :)
Visit: The Piano Pages
Please visit my website, The Piano Pages, for more articles, free piano lessons, piano sheet music, tips, products, and lots more. Also, feel free to send me comments, questions, or hate mail at: email@example.com
How to Buy an Electric Guitar Online
With the increased proliferation of online guitar and musical equipment stores, as well as the lower prices and greater selection that these stores generally offer, most people are now turning to the internet to help them make their guitar purchases. Shopping online is simpler and more convenient than shopping in a store and, since all major guitar manufacturers have good websites, product information and specs are more easily accessible online than they are simply by asking a salesperson in a store.
Win Friends & Influence People Through Music -- Is It Possible?
The idea that studying music improves the social development of a child is not a new one, but at last there is incontrovertible evidence from a study conducted out of the University of Toronto.The study, published in the August issue of Psychological Science was led by Dr.
Killer Piano Playing Secrets of a Chord Addict!
I wish you could have seen me play the piano when I was just learning. I was the nearest thing to "hopeless" that you could imagine.
Six Reasons to Play New Age Piano
Here are six very good reasons to learn how to play piano in the New Age style:1. It's easy.
The Three 8 Mile Battles
Three battles at the end of the 8 Mile movie made Jimmy Smith aka B. Rabbit a reputation in the rap arena.
Everything I Play Sounds the Same
Many students want to create music that has a certain emotional quality. For example, I once had a student ask me to show her how to play something that sounded happy.
Music Making as Spiritual Experience
If you've been playing piano for some time, you may come upon periods where you forget yourself and only the music remains. You might even have had a spiritual experience.
Beginning Clarinet: The Very Start
Like starting with any instrument, beginning clarinet is a process of learning that involves both great achievement and the occasional setback. However, if the beginning clarinetist follows a few tips relating to clarinet care and clarinet playing, the success is sure to outweigh the setbacks.
George Winston and New Age Piano Playing
The first time I heard George Winston play back in the early 1980's I was blown away. I didn't know why I liked this music.
Acclaimed Songwriter and Performer Michael Alan Releases New CD: Searching for the Heartland:
New York born singer songwriter Michael Alan, who records with the Indie-label Global Fish Records in Seattle, is an artist who creates without a prescribed musical formula. His approach to writing is purely straight from his heart, lyrically poetic and honest, and void of any sound-alike comparisons.
A Brief History of Fender Guitars
Perhaps no other guitar maker has touched the hearts of so many players and collectors as Fender. By producing excellent guitars at reasonable prices, Fender has been the instrument of choice for many guitarists throughout the world.
Arpeggios and New Age Piano Playing
Chopin used them extensively. So did Beethoven and Mozart.
Inspiration Wanted - Apply Within!
One of the biggest stumbling blocks for music students is knowing what to practice. In the early years students listened to their teachers and did what they told them to do, which is still of course perfectly valid.
Arranging for New Age Piano
A while back, I wrote an article that compared flower arranging to music arranging. While this may seem a world apart, it really isn't.
Why Play Guitar?
As a full-time guitar instructor, I am constantly faced with people in all walks of life who, for all different kinds of reasons, believe that playing the guitar will add something to their lives. Most people that are just starting the guitar for the first time are young (pre-university) although certainly not all.
People are Turning to Meaningful Songs for Emotional and Spiritual Relief:
A New Breed of Aspiring Songwriters Is In The Making. What are the Sacrifices of the Solo Singer Songwriter in Today's Changing Culture?David La Motte and Michael Alan are performing musicians and singer songwriters who share their experiences and insights about the hard work required to earning a livelihood in the music business.
The Record Industry Continues Battle Against Free Music Downloads
Movie and record producers alike are saying file-sharing networks that permit its users the ability to make copies from other network member's computers are infringing on the copyright laws and costing billions of dollars in lost revenue.The recording industry claims to have lost 25% of it's revenues since computer, so called thieves, have been using peer-to-peer file-sharing networks to obtain free music downloads.
How to Create an Original Melody
Here's a method I use that works. First, sit down at your piano or keyboard and just improvise.
Benatar and Geraldo - Still Rockin on a High Note
Most people look forward to the summer months because they bring warmer temperatures, vacations, outdoor gatherings, and longer days. Those are all fine and dandy, but what really gets my fires stoked for the warm season is when the Queen of Rock (a.
Composing for Dummies
When most people hear the word composer, they automatically think of classical composers like Mozart or Beethoven. This is the point where many "would be" composers freeze up because they tell themselves that their music could never be as good.
home | site map
All articles are copyright to their owners.
Note: this website lists articles, We do not Write Articles !