List Categories | List All Articles | List Articles By Title
Networking: 5 Fantastic Ways To Network Effectively
It seems as if everybody is into networking these days but only a handful of people know how to network effectively. Don't miss out on golden opportunities to become acquainted with those who can help you personally and professionally. Follow my list and you'll be utilizing all those fantastic new contacts in no time!
1. Look utterly presentable! Being smartly dressed will go a long way in attracting people to you. Wearing a nice suit is not enough. Make sure you pay attention to the finishing touches such as your shoes (are they polished?), your nails (are they short and clean for men and manicured for ladies). Is your hair clean and tidy? In short, how you present yourself is how people will treat and respond to you.
2. Do not pass out your business cards to just anyone. Although I am sure you want to publicise your business or maybe just yourself (!), others will view this as being a little too eager. Hold back. Get to know others and only then suggest that you exchange details if you feel that there is a rapport.
3. Don't try to work the room. Contrary to popular belief, working the room can work against you. It's the law of diminishing returns. About two years ago I went to a networking function with a friend of mine whom I'll call Ravi. Before long, Ravi had met everyone in the room. However, I held back and noticed a lady reading a French daily paper. I approached her as I am a Francophile and we got on so well we chatted the entire evening. Ravi was disappointed in me as he always thought of me as a "great networker". I tried to explain that it is not the quantity but the quality. I have since become incredibly good friends with that lovely fellow Francophile and we have gone to many cultural functions and made some wonderful friends together. Ravi on the other hand, never heard or stayed in touch with one of those people with whom he had met that first evening.
4. Don't limit yourself to business networking. When we think of networking we think of business events and functions. However, don't discount other opportunities such as cultural associations and even volunteering. If you come from a particular ethnic heritage, think about joining local associations which will enable you to meet others like yourself. Volunteering is also a great way to meet people from all walks of life and some of the best friends and business contacts I have made have been through volunteer work. It also makes you feel better that you are contributing to society and not just thinking about how the next person can help you.
5. Prepare to stay in touch. While it is nice meeting new people at networking events, it's pointless if you do not follow up. Make a point of contacting people whom you met within a day or two either by phone or email. I was particularly impressed by a young banker who sent me his business card with a short note by snail mail (he had just run out of cards when I had met him). Suggest to your newfound networking buddies a small group lunch and ask them to bring along a friend. Just keep the momentum going.
Following my 5 Fantastic Ways To Network Effectively will make you not only better at networking, it will attract more people to you as well. As they say, it is a two way street.
Best of luck and happy networking!
By M. Tan
Luck Is What You Make it
I get so frustrated when people call me lucky. They tell me they wish they could have the things I have, or they wish they could travel or see the world like I do.
Residual Income Awaits Only by Staying in the Game
"Freedom is a scent, like the top of a new born baby's head." This is so very true when you think about the whole Internet marketing scenario.
Online MLM Business Is Booming!
The time to start an online MLM business has never been better. With more and more people and businesses going online, a significant number of business owners are looking to the Internet as the source for the new business opportunities of tomorrow.
Finding The Right Business For You: Sales
Sales are essential for any business to survive. That's no stunning revelation - everybody knows this.
It's really strange! Too many people start an MLM business with excitement, enthusiasm, anticipation and thrill, only for the reason that they want to be a successful home businessman. There are many people, who right now are not as successful as they would like to be.
Purposeful Web Site Planning - Dont Get Started Without Goals
It seems like everyone has a web site these days. And those who don't have one are probably thinking about one.
How to Avoid the Biggest Mistake in Network Marketing
Have your ever wondered why so many of your friends who start a network marketing business fail so miserably? Has this ever happened to you?Big Ideas and then the Big Crash.You heard the pitch about unlimited earning potential.
Four Secrets to Power Networking (The Networking Factor)
Commandment 8KindnessJust as courtesy is contagious, kindness often begets kindness. Anything good is worth repeating and most people will reciprocate.
How To Choose A Good Autoresponder Service
Ask any veteran Internet marketer about converting visitors into sales, and you'll get one answer: it's all about the follow-up.Truly, it's more than just increasing the volume of traffic that gets to visit your site.
Home Based Businesses Have Their Share Of Frustrations
The source of frustration addressed in his article may be all too familiar if you happen to work at an Internet-based home business which relies on personal relationships and/or teamwork.I am often contacted by members of my business team with a tale of woe regarding a lack of response from their affiliates.
Profitable Network Marketing Systems and Products
Profitable and effective network marketing systems and productsAfter 20 years of network marketing I'll share a few thoughts with you. Trial and error is very expensive as we all know.
Still Seeking Network Marketing Success?
Network marketing success does come to many people and to many others, it doesn't. Ultimately it depends on you - how well you focus on your target market, how well you choose your program, and how hard you are willing to work.
The Power of the A-Z Presentation
When someone asked me, 'John, what is the #1 reason why people fail in their own Network Marketing business?', I said with 110% confidence, "It is because they customize their presentations to each person assuming what their prospect will find exciting." This mindset will definitely set you up for failure!Let me repeat myself?the decision to customize your presentation for each individual prospect will demolish your possibility of creating the results that you desire through your business.
How to Build Your MLM Business by Not Talking
In my last article entitled "How to succeed in MLM without really trying" we discussed limiting your recruiting efforts only to those people who have indicated a discontent or an unwanted condition in their life.Once the prospect indicates an unwanted condition, it will be your impulse to pounce all over your prospect and tell them about your great company, your great product and your great compensation plan.
Network Marketing Tips
Network marking is the ordinary person's best opportunity to make extraordinary income. Well-known author, Robert Kiyosaki says ethical network marketing businesses are like business schools.
Are You Living the Life You Imagined?
Do you feel strong, healthy, financially secure?Are you too busy working to take the time to make more money than you need just to 'get by'?Will you be in the same position five years from now?So you've scoured the internet for a home business and are now totally confused, how do you separate the real diamonds from the fake?Most business opportunity websites focus on money and success stories. Do you REALLY think that you can: make money with no investment of money, time or energy, or all three; make money legally without selling a product or service; make a thousand dollars between Friday and the weekend; trust someone who tricks you into reading a web page with a dishonest headline? What YOU need to focus on is deciding what you want to do, so that you will recognize it when you find it.
Multi level marketing online business
What difference does it make to you if the sales person in a say group of a hundred you'd hire makes you the most money? Whether on top of the list or on the bottom, does it matter? It doesn't, the money is the same isn't it. So, that's what multi marketing is but you can do it all online.
Traditional University or MLM University? You Choose
Time moves very fast and time is money, as they say. When people seek other types of knowledge in life, such as general knowledge acquired from traditional schools, colleges and universities, they are prepared to wait and spend 3-7 years before they can see result they seek such as grades and Degree.
Why People Say There is No Money in Internet Marketing
Just finished check my email. Nothing new, three payment notification emails from PayPal, two new ClickBank sales, one new prospect in membership site I'm promoting and one mail from a frustrated marketer"I've been doing Internet marketing for last 3 years, I've joined so many programs.
10 Killer Ways To Sell Your Back-End Products
A back-end product is a product you attempt to sell your customers after they have recently purchased a related product from your business.If you're not trying to sell back-end products to your customers, you're making a big mistake.
home | site map
All articles are copyright to their owners.
Note: this website lists articles, We do not Write Articles !