List Categories | List All Articles | List Articles By Title
A Fast Way to Find Clients
So you've gotten the training certification, made up your business cards, and started your web site. You've discovered your niche, and you have been marketing - aggressively even!
But still, no one's exactly beating a path to your door. Kind of make you wonder what you're doing wrong.
Chances are you're doing everything right. The only thing that may be missing is a broader chance for the public to really get a taste of which you are. You need to build relationships with these folks. Yet, how can you do that without actually coaching them first?
Enter the big solution: workshops.
Holding workshops targeted to your niche is an excellent way to give your larger audience a real taste of what you do. The full 3-hour, or full-day format of a workshop gives your audience a chance to sit back and observe you at work. Not only that, if you've shaped your workshop to fit your niche, you'll find yourself with an excellent database of interested potential clients. You'll also be able to test the drawing power of your niche quite graphically, and learn the most effective ways to reach these folks. One psychotherapist I know In New York City built a thriving practice simply by leading three workshops about Jung and dream analysis.
An added perk: when you lead workshops, you get all kinds of terrific stories you can use in future articles, books, and speaking gigs. Three best-selling self-help authors I know actually lead workshops for this reason alone.
That said, there are a few key things that must be in place to turn your workshop the client magnet that it can be.
1. Give yourself and your workshop a brand name. Some of the most successful I know of are "The Ezine Queen", "The Comfort Queen", "Marketing Shaper", "The Publicity Hound", "Authentic Promotion", and "The Grok". These are ownable, distinctive names that let people know exactly who you are ? (well, maybe not The Grok.) One thing's for sure? these folks, especially the Grok, are not easily forgotten.
2. Teach with your heart on the line. The teacher who cares the most wins ? so come prepared, give it your all, and don't say good-bye until literally everyone in the group has had some kind of breakthrough.
3. Hand out plenty of handouts. Class notes, additional resources, your own articles, forms, great quotations, etc., are essential marketing tools. Every one of them should have all of your contact information on them, including your brand name, email, website, all phone numbers, and fax. Put them in a snappy folder with a sticker on the cover that bears, yes? your brand name ? and website. Then staple your business card to the inside of the folder. And be sure to include a well done one-sheet or brochure about your coaching services.
4. Give away a free coaching session during the break. Simply pass around a hat or jar to collect business cards as folks come in (they can also substitute name and email on paper.) Then draw your winner just before the break, which gives you the opportunity to give your coaching a discreet plug. This technique is especially helpful if you're doing your workshop in a venue where you have not done registered the class, and you lack contact info for the group. That nice jar of business cards gives you fodder for your database.
5. Don't oversell your coaching. Just mention it a few times lightly, and let the truly interested approach you. Better yet, instead of selling it, tell some stories (protecting confidentiality, of course) from your practice that demonstrate what you do. That gives you the power of attraction, as opposed to the stink of the hard sell. If you do your job effectively, they will come.
6. Stress the importance of getting support at some point in your presentation. Support is one thing that most people really deny themselves, yet that is so critical to success. And what better support is there than coaching? Seed it lightly but firmly in your talk.
7. Continue to do your workshop in any appropriate market. Nothing builds a base of clients like consistently getting out there. Your name gets heard, and your brand registers each time it does. You can travel locally or globally with this. But make a point of researching different markets to find your perfect group. I do this by seeing where other comparable workshop leaders are doing their thing, and I observe how they market themselves to these groups. Then I set up comparable tours.
For more information about how to create, book, fill and lead your own workshops, go to http://www.howmuchjoy.com/tangfacil.html
Copyright 2004 Suzanne Falter-Barns
About The Author
Suzanne Falter-Barns free ezine, The Joy Letter, brings you a crisp, fresh burst of inspiration for your dream every week or two. Sign up at http://www.howmuchjoy.com/joyletter.html
Nightmares on MLM Street
If you haven't already read the NY Times Best selling Book "Rich Daddy, Poor Daddy" by Robert T. Kiyosaki, it is highly recommended.
MLM Products - The MLM Success Formula for HOT Selling Network Marketing Products
You must understand this next statement:The successful network marketing company is "Product Focused and Business Driven."What does that mean? It means that your company must always be products and services focused, but driven by the business opportunity.
MLM Training - The Network Marketing Success Secrets of Striking Gold in Your Memory Jogger
The question all new Network Marketing Distributors ask when they get started is:"Who Do I Know?"In this mlm training article, we are going to go over the contact list. This is where you start "Digging for Gold" in your network marketing business!Every name that you know is a gold mine.
Buy MLM Leads With A Bit Of Caution
You can buy MLM leads from a variety of sources on the Internet. While they may be readily accessible, you must exercise caution when dealing with any company you are unfamiliar with.
The 4 Major Enemies to Online Success
For any of you just starting in online marketing you will soon learn it is not as easy as you probably first thought. If you are like me you signed up to a affiliate program and just expected the money to come flying in.
MLM Recruiting - The 5 Types of Network Marketing Recruiters in MLM
It is amazing.Every where I have the honor of speaking, I see over and over the 5 types of recruiters on MLM, and they all remind me of animals.
MLM Success Secrets- The Two Unchanging Laws in Network Marketing
There are two unchanging laws in Network Marketing that most folks for whatever reason do not seem to teach, and I may catch some heat over this, but I would rather tell you the truth than not.These two laws can create many things in MLM, including some things you don't want:Frustration.
Three Very Key Aspects Of Successful Network Marketing
Network marketing has many aspects, but promotion, persistence, and patience are three key elements which are critical to achieving successful results.PROMOTION is the lifeblood of network marketing.
Residual Income, a Myth?
I'm writing this in response to the every distributor in every company and program that tell you that the greatest things about MLM/Network marketing is the residual/passive/ongoing income that "keeps making you money forever" and they'll even try and convince you that it will "keep on growing" whether you do anything with your business or not. Why? Because it is misleading at best.
Increase Business by Squashing Your Fear of Phones
Phone skills are very important when you have your own home business. If you are like me, when I started out, then you may think you are going to work entirely online and not use the phone.
Home Based Business on the Internet
The subconscious mind is a very powerful thing and if you have a lazy attitude about you, then you will be lazy. If you mope around, then you will achieve nothing.
How To Do Effective Keyword Research To Find Good Niches
It is true that with online business, the entire world is your market. However, the entire world would be your competition as well, so things will eventually balance out just like in offline commerce.
Associated Myths in MLM
The MLM business is so popular among people that some of them are totally ignorant about the fact that it takes hard work and days of sweat to make it big. There are number of myths associated with MLM business.
Network Marketing Training - The Secrets to Controlling Negative Emotions in MLM
Every new Network Marketing distributor goes through it. You will too.
Ten Tips for Success in MLM, Network Marketing
MLM, Network marketing is the ordinary person's best opportunity to make extraordinary income. Well known author, Robert Kiyosaki, says that most ethical MLM, network marketing businesses are like business schools.
Listening Your Way to Greatness
What you listen for in your conversations with others determines what you will get out of them. All too often, we listen to others in a casual or unfocused way.
Finding MLM Leads Thru Creativity
Not too many years ago we found mlm leads the old fashioned way and we called it work. I'm not sure that's really changed except now the working process is a little different.
MLM Pyramid Misunderstanding, Its Actually Inverted and Fair
Many people that bad mouth MLM industry use the pyramid structure to give impression that it's a scam type of business whereby the people at the top earn all the money while people at the bottom earns few hundred dollars. Can you spot something? I'll show you.
MLM Genealogy Leads
As with any other start up, a new multi-level marketing (MLM) venture owner will look to friends, family, and acquaintances for support. The MLM business owner must sell the parent company's products or services and contact individuals that might be interested in becoming an independent distributor in his or her network.
MLM Training- The MLM Leadership Secret of PersonaLeadership by Doug Firebaugh
The MLM Leadership Secret.Let me ask you a question:What do you do to get yourself going in the morning for your MLM and Network Marketing business??Coffee?Excercise?Shower?Brush your teeth?Roll back over?Doesn't really matter.
home | site map
All articles are copyright to their owners.
Note: this website lists articles, We do not Write Articles !