List Categories | List All Articles | List Articles By Title
Declutter for Sucess
Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in, forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day, you shall begin it well and serenely..." --Ralph Waldo Emerson
One of the fastest ways to increase the success of your homebased business is to do a thorough house cleaning. Sounds silly? It works. By clearing out the physical clutter and debris in your working area, you will correspondingly clear out mental clutter that prevents you from manifesting abundance. In addition to this, by disposing of unneeded items that no longer serve you, we are making space that can be used for new items to replace them. The important point is that you focus on developing new and more effective ways of doing, finding new markets, and streamline your working area so as to get the maximum results from your freelancing.
Here are some guidelines for clearing the clutter from your life:
1. Check your computer. Delete duplicate files and files that you haven't used in a year. If you have a mass of documents in the My Documents folder, this is time to organize them and classify them under folders. Devise a tracking system for your queries. Review your ideas and see which ones can be developed into good articles. Delete the rest.
2. How much of the contents of your desk haven't been used in over a year? Out they go. Be ruthless. Remember, you're holding in mind that your success is on it's way and you need to make room for it.
3. Check your bookcases. You can extend the one-year rule a bit here, but you must be realistic with yourself. Are you actually going to make use of these items in your work? Throw away what you must, sell what you can and give the rest to charity.
4. Start bringing a higher level of order into your life. Are there people to whom you owe a letter? Have you balanced your checkbook? This is the time to either create or refine your "to do" list and make it stick. Carry it around with you and add to it as you think of new items. You will find that many of the items that you add to your list will directly affect your level of success. The reason for this is that success flows in the presence of order. Just as water is disturbed into rapids in the presence of major outcroppings of rocks, so is the flow of success disrupted by the disorder of cluttered schedules, incomplete duties and broken agreements. You may note that it is very rare that a prosperous individual allows their affairs to be chaotic.
All of this doesn't have to happen in one weekend. In order to make it work effectively, daily progress should be happening. Choose one cabinet to clean out per day or one letter to write. Make your progress towards greater order a tangible thing that you can recognize. The results will be well worth it.
About The Author
Janet K. Ilacqua is a freelance writer based in Tracy, California. She specializes in academic writing and ghostwriting of books and manuals for individuals and small businesses. For more information about her services, check her website at http://www.writeupondemand.com.
10 Minute Tricks to Help You Get Organized
Whoever thought you'd be able to get organized in just 10 minutes?! Here are a few simple ideas.1.
Can Someone Step Into Your Job Or Role And Function Effectively?
Working for one of the top Marketers online (David Ledoux) I've been lucky to learn many tips and tricks that can be used in cases of emergency. Like today when I still have the remnants of the flu.
Six ADD Tips for Organizing Everyday Things
Life with ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) can be a constant hassle. Little things like lost car keys, tools that stick or don't cut well, papers that go missing all add to the general level of tension.
Do You Have Scatter-Brain-Itis?
In your quest to get 'up and running' so to speak with your online ventures do you find yourself getting distracted by things that have nothing to do with whatever it is your trying to accomplish?I call this "Scatter-Brain-Itis"It's not your fault though.There are so many well written, headlines, sales letters, articles, clickable links, and just plain outrageous stuff here online that it's nearly impossible to focus on the task at hand.
Stress Management: 10 Universal Laws to Get and Stay Organized
1. The Law of the 1st StepA good first step in getting organized is to 3-pile everything:pile one is for those things to throw awaypile 2 is for those things that need immediate actionpile 3 is for those things that can be taken care of later, or filed, or both.
10 Tips for a More Organized Morning
1. Teach your children to use an alarm clock or clock radio.
Can You Really Improve Your Organisation Skills
I'm sure most of you have heard of Zig Ziglar International Sales Guru. Well in one of Zig's weekly newsletters, there were a number of comments about the habits of well-organised people which I couldn't resist sharing with you.
Clutter Campaign - Commit Your Time
Decide When And Where To StartDecide when and where to start. You have the same amount of time each day as did Thomas Jefferson, Einstein, and Mae West.
Five Simple Tips to Get Organized Today!
Take time to declutter this summer..
Letting Go Of Your Excuses
At this point, you have probably run across some belongings that don't exactly serve a practical purpose in your life. Some items simply cannot be judged according to their function alone.
Simplify Your Life! No Really...Simplify Your Life!
We hear it every day."Buy this product, and simplify your life!"Now really, how can buying and having more stuff make your life simpler and easier? I hear it from women all the time, "I have everything I've ever wanted, but?"I don't have time to enjoy it.
10 Tips on Color Coding Your Paper: From Chaos to Coherence
Color-There Is No SubstituteIn anatomical illustrations you see the brain's visual system, where the optic nerve is actually 25 times faster than our audio nerves (hearing). No matter which processing style you depend on, 90 percent of the sensory perceptions received by your brain are visual.
Organisation - Getting Back To Basics
If you look at any major organisation, there is this trend for executives to use "palm pilots" in conjunction with software schedulers such as Microsoft Outlook.What's really interesting is even with all this technology (and many of these execs are fortunate to have personal assistants) they are still disorganised.
Spring into Spring
Hasn't time flown? Already we're into the last quarter of the year and isn't it perfect timing to clear out the cobwebs of winter and prepare yourself for the next few months of sun, sand, surf or is it work, work, work?You know it's time to take action when:You have difficulty finding thingsYour colleagues make comments about your messYou can't see your desk for the messYou cut your fingers in the filing cabinet when you try to dig out a fileYou have to push your body against the cupboard door to close it.The bookshelves are beginning to break because of all the weight.
Be More Productive - Books to Help You Be More and Do More!
How many of us have enough time to do everything that needs to be done? Answer: NOBODY! The key is doing that which needs to be done RIGHT NOW and setting the right priorities. Life has changed, and we have more flexibility to do what we want, when we want, provided we set the RIGHT PRIORITIES.
Thinking Outside the Box
Much of my time as a Professional Organizer is spent helping people to put things into containers and boxes. But, success in this business requires as much thinking "outside the box" as it does about putting things into containers.
5 Steps From Clutter To Control
Are you overwhelmed by clutter wherever you turn? Here are 5 practically painless steps to a clean slate.1.
Is Your To Do List The Problem?
You start each week with great intentions. You are determined to get a grip of your workload.
35 Santity Savers - Get More Productive
Use these 35 sanity savers this year to help you become more productive and get more done in less time, so you can get on with life!EmailOnly check your emails twice a day - don't respond each time you receive an email it wastes too much time! Set up folders for your inbox so you can 'electronically' file your emails when you have completed them. Set up rules within your email so messages are automatically filed for you to read later.
Article excerpted from the new book, "How to Do Space Age Work with a Stone Age Brain" by Eve Abbott1 - 2 - 3-SORT!Every time you start to clean up your office so you can work better instead of harder-that big backlog of information is just too overwhelming. Sorting can actually put you into a better working space in very short time!The good news is you don't have to do it all at once.
home | site map
All articles are copyright to their owners.
Note: this website lists articles, We do not Write Articles !