List Categories | List All Articles | List Articles By Title
Spring is such a refreshing time- we are filled with the hope and promise of the seasons ahead. The flowers blossom, our spirits lift. This is a great time to make a fresh start, to de-clutter your life, to get back to the simple pleasures.
1. Go outside and enjoy the beauty of spring. Not while you are in a rush to get your tasks done- just for the pleasure of looking at the shapes and colors, or smelling the freshness of new grass or the ocean. No agenda, not with your mind racing along filling up your to-do list. The point of this task is to empty your mind of everything but the present. Just trust that all the important things on your to-do list will still be there when you are finished, only you will have more energy and be more creative in the execution of that list.
2. Call an old friend that you have been meaning to catch up with. Schedule it into you day planner if you have to, but do it! Allow yourself lots of time so you can really get caught up.
3. Go through your closets and throw out anything that you haven't worn in the past year (unless you really love it- then only throw it out if it has been two years). Buy yourself a piece of clothing in a bright new color.
4. Do one thing that you have been meaning to do but haven't gotten around to yet- go to the art gallery, see a play or go to the opera. Choose a Saturday this month and plan this- invite your favourite person to join you.
5. Learn something new- take a class, read a book, try a new sport or craft. Learning new things keeps us youthful and vibrant and makes us more interesting- and interested.
6. Do something positive for your community- sign up for a charitable run (as a volunteer or participant), help with a community clean-up, attend a fund-raiser. Find a way to get involved and give back.
7. Refresh (or create) your fitness & diet plan. Can you do more exercise outdoors now that winter is ending? Can you eat more fresh fruit and vegetables? Do you want to join a running club or yoga class? Are you really drinking enough water?
8. Update your look- a new hairstyle, different hair color, fresh lipstick or nail polish shade? Change things up a little- it will help you see yourself and the world from a slightly different perspective, and you never know what ideas and opportunities await you.
9. Meet new people. Join a book club, get out and network, throw a dinner party and ask your friends to invite friends that you have never met before. Developing and nurturing a strong social network helps manage stress and increases levels of happiness and well-being.
10. Review your goals for the year and TAKE ACTION NOW on the one that matters to you most. Get a coach, make a plan, enlist the help of friends and family, and just get it done. Once you start moving forward, it will be easier than you think and you will wonder why you didn't start sooner!
Choose at least 3 of these suggestions and make a commitment to take action on them now. After you have decided what you are going to do, plan and schedule when you are going to do it, and make sure that you let at least one other person in on your plan- someone who has permission to give you a little nudge if you get off track. Good luck with your fresh start!
Dr. Gayla Swihart DeHart, from Vancouver, Canada, is a Professional Coach with a Ph.D. in Psychology. She helps busy professionals manage stress, improve goal-setting and follow-through, develop emotional intelligence, and increase life and work satisfaction. More information on Dr. DeHart and her services can be found at http://www.AchieveExcellence.ca
To receive new articles automatically, send a blank e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Spring is such a refreshing time- we are filled with the hope and promise of the seasons ahead. The flowers blossom, our spirits lift.
Identifying the Rocks: Organizing Your Priorities
In one of my favorite books, First Things First, written by Stephen Covey with Roger and Rebecca Merrill, is a story of the man in front of his class with a pile of rocks and a jar. He puts the rocks in the jar, and then asks the class "Is it full?" "Yes," they answer in unison.
Organizing for Today, Tomorrow and the Next Day
Getting organized is hard. If it weren't, we wouldn't put it off until it got even harder.
Escaping The Clutter Trap? - 5 Steps For Increasing Productivity And Decreasing Stress
? Do you feel overwhelmed by all the "stuff" in your life? Magazines and journals you've never finished reading, clothes you never wear, e-mail you haven't responded to, or photographs you intended to share with friends or colleagues? ? Are you embarrassed to invite people to your home or office because they will see the way you live or work? Do you rush around when someone's coming to hide the evidence?? Is clutter putting a strain on a relationship that's important to you? Do you argue with your spouse about what to keep, or spend time reassuring your colleagues that you know what everything is?? Do you waste time looking for things you really need - documents you already created, or the keys or receipt you had in your hand five minutes ago?? Is your home or office just too crowded? Does clutter take valuable space and leave you feeling overwhelmed? If you answered "Yes" to any two or more of these questions, you are caught in The Clutter Trap - a state of cumulative disorder which diminishes your physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, or financial health. There are more than a few people reading this article right now who are feeling distressed by the clutter in their lives.
50 Ideas to Organize Your Home
"Organize" is a familiar word heard on many of today's popular decorating shows. Every family has its struggles with some type of clutter whether it is stacks of papers or a cluttered and cramped bathroom.
3-Step Clean Sweep Program to Organize
3-Step Clean Sweep Program 1 - Purge2 - Simplify3 - Organize Getting Started Springtime is when many folks give their homes and offices a good cleaning. For every thing there is a season, and this is the season to get rid of the winter cobwebs.
Making Life Easier, with NLP Chunking!
You know, in psychology there is a rule, especially within the NLP circles that I work in and the literature that I read, it is quite a famous rule; 7 plus or minus 2 - this is the notion that the conscious mind can only keep track of between 5 and 9 discrete pieces of information at one time. Your unconscious can literally keep track of billions and billions of things at the same time aparently (clever thing that it is!), while your conscious mind is more one step at a time and it has a fairly narrow focus.
Tossing and Turning
"The real question is, why do you want it? What are you going to do with it? That's where you've got to start; otherwise you're going to waste a lot of money."These are the words of Francis Carincross in her book 'The Company of the Future'.
The Organized Move: Packing Made Simple
(This is the second in a series of three articles on "The Organized Move")Does the thought of packing all your belongings make you want to run for the hills? Homeowners who are moving on their own (as opposed to a corporate relocation where an employer is paying all the bills) find themselves with the dilemma of whether to do the packing themselves or contract out this huge task.A packing crew can be a good fit for an overscheduled family, a long-distance move where you may already be living in the destination city, or individuals with physical limitations.
Are You A Collector?
Collections are the outward manifestation of a deeply-felt principle or emotion, and are quite different than ordinary garden-variety "clutter." One man has a love of photography and takes pictures of everything.
Life Lessons - Get What You Want; A Lesson from a Green Sea Turtle!
Sometimes major life lessons come from the most unlikely of sources. As strange as it may sound, I learned one of my biggest lessons about the importance of knowing what I want out of life and the best way to get it, from a green sea turtle.
How Clutter Affects Your Love Life
Clutter in any area of your home is a sign of stuck, stagnant energy. The more clutter you have, the more sluggish the energy becomes.
Do You Have A To-Do list?
I have a huge white board in my home office, about 4ft x 3ft..
Organized For Life
Questions come my way all the time regarding my God-given nature to be organized. It has been said that I stayed under the proverbial "organized spout" too long when I was being created.
Thinking Outside the Box
Much of my time as a Professional Organizer is spent helping people to put things into containers and boxes. But, success in this business requires as much thinking "outside the box" as it does about putting things into containers.
Effective Closet Cleaning Tips - Let Go of More Than Skeletons
I know I have a problem when I have to battle with the overflow every time I try to shut my closet door. Well, okay, it's not really a closet, more like an overgrown cupboard, but as it's all I have something's got to give.
Three Effortless Ways to Win the Paperwork Battle
Buried under mountains of paperwork from your company? Do the projects seem to never end? Imagine how good you would feel if every day you could start with a clean and organized desk? Well dream no further! By following the three powerful tips listed below, your dreams will become reality!Setting up your system: Start by ordering two 8 ½ x 11 "flat desk files". A flat desk file looks like an accordion file, except it lays flat on your desk and can be easily carried with you.
Getting Organized for Achievement
Getting and staying organized is critical to achieving your goals. A well organized person is more productive, has more free time, wastes less money, and experiences less stress.
10 Tips for a More Organized Morning
1. Teach your children to use an alarm clock or clock radio.
Organize Your Children & Save Your Sanity
It may be difficult to relate saving money with organization but the two terms really go hand in hand. If you are able to organize right down to the smallest detail, then not only will you save yourself countless panic headaches, but you will have more time on your hands allowing yourself to be more productive and get more accomplished.
home | site map
All articles are copyright to their owners.
Note: this website lists articles, We do not Write Articles !