List Categories | List All Articles | List Articles By Title
25 Things That Matter When Relating To Our Children (Leaving A Legacy Of Love To Those We Love)
In my opinion, these things matter...
1. Enjoying childlike delights before the child no longer delights in being one.
2. Paying attention long enough to understand -- yet caring enough to make a necessary correction once it's all understood.
3. Responding to immaturity in a mature way.
4. Being silly when I can,
6. Making time to listen when it's their time -- not just "my time."
7. Being big enough to say "I was wrong,"
10. Teaching by my actions that additional freedom is earned by being responsible and not an automatic right acquired on the date of the next birthday.
11. Sharing laughter for no other reason than laughter is being shared with me.
12. Complimenting like crazy,
15. Remembering that little people are no more -- but no less than -- just that: little people.
16. Looking in the mirror and realizing "I'm one of the little people who got older."
17. Making sure that "You've done well" doesn't always carry with it "But you *should have* done better."
18. Knowing when to truthfully say "For this I am not responsible: you are." (And living with myself once I've said it.)
19. Knowing the importance of releasing without disconnecting,
23. Knowing the immense value of being able to say in the end "I have done all I could reasonably do -- and them some."
24. Taking time to show up when I can as opposed to wishing I could when showing up is not possible (or even worse: not wanted).
25. Loving with all my heart because in the end it's worth it all.
Avoid pain/create pleasure. For A Beautiful Moment In Time
They Call it Puppy Love
My son is 6 yrs old. He came home the other day from school and stated that he had two girlfriends.
Legacy to Your Children
John Bishop's Goal Setting for Students.comLegacy to Your ChildrenIt's 6:30 at night and you just got home from a long day at work, but the day's not over yet.
Parents - The No Child Left Behind Law Wont Do Much For Your Child
Past experience with federal education programs predicts that the No Child Left Behind (NCLB) act will also fail parents whose children are doing poorly in school. The federal government has spent over $120 billion on Title 1 programs for low-income students since 1965.
Send the Kids Outside!
Think back to your own childhood. Chances are, some of your fondest memories are of outdoor activities and places.
Understanding A Childs Beliefs, Nuturing Young Beliefs
Children are moral and make moral determinations..
When you think about it, probably the one thing that our children need most in order to grow up feeling loved, happy, and empowered enough to give of themselves to others is our commitment to them as parents. Our children must know that we have made a commitment to them and we must demonstrate that commitment constantly.
Teaching Reading: Part 3, Whole Language Vs. Phonics
There are two methods for teaching children to read; whole language and phonics. Whole language is a "whole - part" method of teaching children to read, while phonics is a "part - whole" reading method.
Parents Need to Vent Anger! Try These 4 Steps to Serenity
Parents are losing their self-control to anger. A friend called me today and told me a very troubling story.
How to Find The Best Time To Be With Your Kids
"Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well." -Josh BillingsIf parents want to be able to make best use of time with their children, then it is crucial for a parent to start becoming alert to the state that their children are in.
Raising Kids on a Budget
There are only two ways to get more money:1) Increase your income and 2) Decrease your outgo.B Buy what you need, not what you want.
Motivation - The Key to Your Childs Educational Success
For the first year or two of life outside the womb, our brains are in the most impressionable state they will ever be in. A baby's brain is immediately shaped by interacting with their environment.
Babys First Month at a Glance
Congratulations on your new baby! You have just brought your baby home and are pretty excited about everything. Perhaps you don't even mind the fact that getting a good night's sleep is getting tougher by the day.
Develop Your Childs Genius: Improving Concentration and Focus
Some people can concentrate on an assignment, to the exclusion of all distractions around them. My husband, who is an avid reader, can sit at a public place and read, no matter how much noise exists around him.
Book Review: How to Get Your Child to Love Reading
How to Get Your Child to Love Reading was conceived when author Esmé Raji Codell was staring at a shriveled potato that was sprouting eyes. She wondered, " .
Should The Dad-To-Be Attend The Birth?
Not so long ago a dad-to-be would pace up and down outside the labor room and would be admitted only after the birth. Modern practice is to assume the dad-to-be should be at the birth to offer support.
How to Raise Creative Kids
"Where did he come up with that?" Kids often amaze us with their imaginative ideas, and we should give ourselves a pat on the back for playing a role in this development. Innovative thinking is essential for success in school and in life, and it's our job as parents to nurture our kids' innate desire to be creative.
How to Handle Child Tantrums?
Child tantrums are a way for children to express their feelings and thoughts. Child tantrums are common in young children.
7 Powerful Ways to Show Love to Children
Our children are our most important legacy to the world. However, our love is our most important legacy to our children.
You Make Me Sick And Other Things Parents Say in Anger
Maryann is so focused she's blind. She's slipped over the edge of responsibility and forgot the real reason she is working so hard.
The Best and Worst of Motherhood
Until the moment I became a mother, I couldn't quite understand or comprehend the depth when people say "Mothers are the strongest, most noble and loving people in this whole wide world" It's just a whole bunch of cliché stuff that I could live without, thank you very much!The pain. The joy.
home | site map
All articles are copyright to their owners.
Note: this website lists articles, We do not Write Articles !