List Categories | List All Articles | List Articles By Title
Simple Indulgences for September
As the kids go back to school, you can go back to *you*...your schedule, your friends, your goals. Here are ten simple indulgences to celebrate this season.
1. Invite your girlfriends over for a Back-to-School tea. Have lots of "pamper me" items in hand. Do you - or any of your friends - know a massage therapist? Ask her to come and do backrubs. Eat decadent pastries and drink coffee or tea. Catch up on everything you've missed during the hectic summer.
2. Go on a hike or a bike ride all by yourself.
3. Start a circle journal to keep in touch with your friends. A circle journal (aka. "a round robin") is a book that goes back and forth among friends, each of whom add a special contribution before passing it on. Here are more ideas on how to start your own: http://www.creatingkeepsakes.com/mag/articles/article.1002.p1.html
4. Treat yourself to a new magazine subscription.
5. Buy something red.
6. What are you most passionate about? Start a home business that somehow relates to this passion. Autumn is a great time of year to get a business started. The kids are back to school and it's before the hustle of the holidays.
7. Find or start a book club.
8. Make a brag book or mini scrapbook album depicting 10 things you love most about your spouse or child(ren). Present it to them as a "just because" gift.
9. Choose a charity that you and your family will support this season. Researching the charity will be a fun family activity - and then you can brainstorm all the ways you can raise money for this organization.
10. Know a good soup restaurant? Order takeout tonight. And don't forget the fresh bread!
Copyright 2005 by Susie Cortright About the author: Susie Cortright is the founder of momscape.com - http://www.momscape.com and Momscape's Scrapbooking Playground - http://www.momscape.com/scrapbooking - devoted to helping visitors record and preserve their cherished memories. Visit her site today to subscribe to her free newsletters.
Parents Need to Vent Anger! Try These 4 Steps to Serenity
Parents are losing their self-control to anger. A friend called me today and told me a very troubling story.
What a Parent Must Do to Stop Online Predators
Teens can freely access the Internet from computers at school, at their friends' homes and in public places such as libraries and even from cell phones and video game consoles. Internet is everywhere, that is why kids and teenagers (and their parents, too) should be well aware of its dangers to avoid them.
Should We Apologize To Our Children?
An apology is a sign of strength, not weakness. Sometimes we may believe that if we apologize to our children we weaken ourselves and the rules we are trying to keep.
The initial state of happiness about an own child is often overcome with annoyance after even a short period of time. Children quickly grow an own personality, and it's the most vital task of the parents to help develop it and give it a shape.
The Top 10 Tips on Hiring a Babysitter
1. Encourage your babysitter by keeping their favorite foods/snacks on hand.
From Childrens Stories to Study Skills: Help Your Children Succeed in School
IntroductionAs a parent who wants the best for your children, there are undoubtedly many things that you already do every day to help your children succeed in school. The purpose of this article is to provide some practical ideas for you to try.
A New Dad To Be? Deer in the headlights?
Ok. So you're a dad to be.
What Values Are We Giving Our Children?
On a bright Sunday morning, a couple of weeks ago, I went to South London to receive a message sent from Nigeria. As I entered the lift, I saw a couple, apparently in their early 20s, smoking marijuana while their young son sat comfortably in his push-chair.
Parenting Your Teenager: Of Course You Can Search Your Teens Room
Q. We recently caught our son smoking pot, and we wonder whether he's doing more stuff.
How to Give Your Child Encyclopedic Knowledge?
When you talk about multiply your child's intelligence, you can't help but to mention about Dr. Glenn Doman.
The Muffed Dance
Teri was 5. As younger siblings do, she looked up to her older sister, the dancer, in a big way.
Monitoring Your Teens for Drug Use Without Appearing to be Spying
Even if your teenagers do not use drugs, you still need to keep an eye on them. It is much better to realize that things could change, and anticipate that your teen COULD become a user.
Child ADHD - Deciding Where to Draw the Line
The wonderful adaptability of children in dealing with the challenges of this ever-changing and unpredictable world is really amazing. Their growth from a state of familial security and dependence through progressive stages of self-direction and personal autonomy requires enormous and almost anti-gravitational efforts on their part.
Successful Treatment Planning for Attention Deficit Disorder - ADD ADHD
How to Create an Emotional Bond with Your Child
One of the most powerful tools that parents have for raising their children is the natural emotional bond that exists between them and their child. Children who feel close to their parents will have a strong desire to obey them.
Toxic Chemicals, Are Your Children Being Exposed?
You do what you can to keep your little ones safe and healthy in this world we live in. You put your household cleaners out of reach and make sure the front door is securely locked.
Every week I write something about the stock market - how to, when to and where to put your money and how to protect it from loss if you do. This week I want to say something very important to the young folks about success.
Helping Your Kid's Grow a Garden
Start some gardening traditions with your kids. Give them their own garden patch and a spot to dig.
The Hardest Job I Ever Had
I used to have a really challenging job. It was stressful and demanding, high pressure and large responsibilities.
Going Out to a Restaurant with Kids
Dining in a restaurant with kids can be very enervating and embarrasing. Not only that you have to desperately try and keep your wiggling toddler seated and silent, you also have to manage the disapproving looks from other (non-parent) guests.
home | site map
All articles are copyright to their owners.
Note: this website lists articles, We do not Write Articles !