List Categories | List All Articles | List Articles By Title
How To Negotiate A Higher Price For Your House
Negotiation is where many FSBO home sellers really have problems. The wrong attitude or a slip of the tongue could cost you thousands. Here are a few pointers to keep you on the right path:
1. Show interest in selling the house. In an effort to project a sense of strength many people either take an aggressive "take it or leave it" attitude, or they appear to be overly relaxed, almost disinterested. It is better to have an open mind, stay calm, be helpful.
Carefully investigate and analyze the facts. Make an intelligent response to the buyer. Being helpful makes it easier for the buyer to relax and be more willing to see your point of view.
2. Listen carefully to what the buyer has to say. Try to learn about the buyer's needs, wants, desires, fears, frustrations and problems that need solving. This will give you the information you need to work with the buyer and close the deal.
3. Don't let your personal feelings get in the way of accepting a good offer. Don't get thrown off by the little eccentricities of people. You may not like the buyer, but that doesn't matter. A little patience on your part could make you thousands of dollars. After the sale of the house, you never have to see him again. Keep emotions and finances separate.
4. Use time to your advantage. If at all possible, try not to be squeezed for time. Find out if the buyer has to move in by a certain deadline. The closer the deadline, the more they will be willing to pay a little higher for a quick close.
5. Close using the mortgage payments rather than the price of the house. You would be surprised how little the monthly mortgage payment changes when the asking price changes by several thousand dollars. You can easily work out mortgage http://www.mortgage-rate-canada.com/canadian-mortgage-calculators.html payments at: lators.html If you can find out income related information from the buyer, it will be easier to use this technique.
6. Stack the benefits in your favour. Try to include several factors that can be negotiated instead of just the price. For example, you can include blinds, furniture, tools or other items to enrich your offer. Try to trade-off some of the bonus items instead of reducing the price.
7. Create a win-win situation. If the buyer feels like they are getting the short end of the stick it will be difficult to close the deal. They have to feel like they are winning. Here's how Roger Dawson put it in his book, "The Secrets of Power Negotiating": "When you get the gold out of their teeth, that's not negotiating. That's stealing. When you get the gold out of their teeth and they thank you for it, that's negotiating."
If you follow these points you will certainly be on the right path to selling your house for a higher price. However, there are many tactics and strategies you can use or that the buyer will use on you. A little time spent on preparation can literally save you thousands.
You can learn more about how to negotiate for a higher price by handling the offer properly and other powerful strategies at: http://netman-ecommerce-guru.com/home-selling-secrets
Going through this information will take you a couple of hours, but it is most profitable time you will ever spend.
About The Author
Choosing a Residential Lot
Finding a lotPlanning for your new home is a very involved process. You might want to get right down to selecting a set of house plans but don't get into a hurry.
Selling Your House - $100,000 Pets
Is your pet worth $100,000? It may be if you don't make accommodations for it when selling your home.A Hundred Thousand Dollar Pet?A house I'd seen with a potential buyer in an attractive neighborhood built around two lakes sold for $100,000 less than was typical for the neighborhood.
Prepare Your Property Like A Pro And Boost Profits
The housing market is hot, and you've decided to list your home. But what, if any, improvements should you tackle before selling? Should you just leave it all to the new homeowner?There are two ways to look at pre-sale home improvements.
Conditions Are Right For Buying The Higher Priced Home You'Ve Always Wanted
Higher interest rates and home prices in the past have kept home owners from purchasing larger homes. The current real estate market conditions, however, are encouraging for many home owners who want to "buy up" to higher priced homes with more to offer.
A Crash Course On The Payout Options Available To You When Selling A Mortgage Note
Okay, let's take a look at the typical payout options:Full Purchase - The investor buys the entire note. This alleviates the seller of the responsibility to collect payments in the future.
Real Estate Investing Myths That Steal Profits From Your Pocket
One of the things that distresses us about our industry is the amount of wrong or incomplete information available to investors. Some myths block what otherwise would be a great deal, while others would have you believe that a bad deal is actually great.
Real Estate Investing: America Rents
Most people in America rent a personal dwelling!Just think how many families rent a house or an apartment, a duplex or a condo.Yet, nobody prefers renting.
Investment Concerns for Selling Your Home
Besides the emotional upheaval of uprooting from your home, your property is most likely the biggest investment you have ever made, and its sale causes financial stress as well. You must protect your investment nest egg and secure your future.
Questions You Always Wanted To Ask A Master Builder But Never Had The Chance
Building a house (or lots of them) seems to be an area of knowledge that is kept secret (insiders only), with clients kept in the dark and fed on expensive "cow dung."A while ago I asked my US readers of my e-book, "Residential Development Made Easy" for questions they would like to ask a Master Builder.
11 Steps Away From Buying a Home
There is no doubt that the market for houses has been on fire recently. More and more people are taking advantage of low interest rates and easy mortgage loan terms to go from being renters to being home owners.
Big Discounts With Property Investment Clubs?
A stagnant stock market, low interest rates and booming property prices over recent years have lead to more and more personal investors deciding to join property investment clubs.Property investment clubs are organisations that either buy property in volume and resell it to their members at discount prices or negotiate the purchase of large numbers of properties from developers, again ensuring discounted prices.
Selling Your Home - A FSBOs Guide to Keeping It Safe
Sellers need to keep their safety in mind when prospecting potential buyers. The real estate industry has seen a problematic climb in assaults towards realtors, and so is the concern for those who are selling their own homes.
Back To The Future - Big Changes Are Coming, Get Ready Now
The comments below are quoted from a recent speech by Ben Bernanke, a member of the Federal Reserve Board of Governors..
Vacation Homes Are Becoming A Reality For More Homeowners
Whether it's a lakefront cottage or a log cabin in the woods, a vacation home often seems to be a dream that only the wealthy can afford. But these days, you don't have to be a millionaire to own one.
Law & Logic of Homeowner Association Capital Reserves
In October 1999, Oregon was one of the first states that enacted a significant improvement to its Condominium and Planned Community regarding capital reserve planning, a process by which homeowner associations plan and fund future repairs and replacements. For many associations, the process became mandatory although there was an "escape clause" for pre-October 99 Oregon communities.
If You Cant Afford to Retire...Move
According to Warren Bland, PhD, an award-winning author and geographer at Cal State, people have a great option. It's called "equity-take" that is, the difference in cost of comparable housing between your present community and the more affordable one to which you could move.
Searching For Maui Beachfront Houses?
Who wouldn't want to move into a Maui beachfront house? From the custom architectural jobs done on many Maui homes, to the beautiful beaches and other natural attractions in Maui, you're bound to find something you will love about Maui beachfront houses. However, like any home buying process, you'll need to make sure several things are in order before you make your move into your new Maui beachfront house.
How Does Interest Rates Affect New Home Sales and Wheres The Best Place To Build?
These real questions on new home starts and interest rates on real estate are answered by a US Master Builder and myself after receiving them from readers of my e-book, "Residential Development Made Easy."Question 1.
Investing In Commercial Property
Why commercial property?Compared to residential property investments, commercial property offers some key advantages:Long-term secure cashflow -- Commercial lets normally have long lease contracts, with periods of 10 years and more not being uncommon. In addition to this, commercial property tenants are less likely to default on payments and even if the tenant goes into liquidation, the liquidator may continue paying the rent in order to stop the lease being forfeited.
Russ Whitney and Real Estate Investing Gurus
There is curently a huge real Estate boom in America today. Little does the world know that this boom has some to do with all of the real estate guru's out there.
home | site map
All articles are copyright to their owners.
Note: this website lists articles, We do not Write Articles !