List Categories | List All Articles | List Articles By Title
10 "No Money Down" Ways to Buy Real Estate
Turn the Television on any Sunday morning and you'll find yourself in the middle of a "how to buy real estate" infomercial. Can you really buy a house with no down payment? Can you really make thousands or millions of dollars buying real estate. Of course the answer is "yes" and "no". The real question is, are you willing to pay anywhere from $500 to $5000 for the information, classes and hotline? Most important are you self disciplined enough to follow the program.
Before you spend money on these expensive programs, here are my top ten "no money down" ways to buy real estate. If you're self disciplined and willing to hear the word "no" many times before you get a "yes", then maybe you can buy a house without a down payment.
1. First is to check out the many new zero down programs now available from lenders. Especially if you're a fist time buyer. Also FHA and VA have loans that may not be zero down, but are very close.
2. Borrow money for the down payment - Borrow the money from family, friends or a business partner at a high interest rate or a percentage of the profit when the property is sold
3. Raise the price and lower the terms - Offer the seller more than he is asking provided he is willing to accept the down payment in the form of a note. If the seller is asking $150,000 with $15,000 down and willing to carry the balance of $135,000. Try offering $155,000 in the form of a promissory not instead of cash. The seller gets a little more money for the additional risk.
4. Borrow against a life insurance policy - Many life insurance policy's let you borrow against the policy for the purpose of investing in real estate or other investments.
5. Use other property as collateral - Create a note on existing property that you or a partner own and use it as the down payment for the property you are buying.
6. Home equity loan - Home equity loans are generally easy to qualify for as long as there is adequate equity in the property.
7. Seller refinance - Have the seller refinance the property, receiving the cash he needs from the proceeds of the new loan, the buyer gives the seller a note for the balance of the seller's equity.
8. Find an investor - There are many people who have money but no time. Their current profession keeps them too busy. Work out a deal where they put up the money and you split the profits when you sell.
9. Lease with option to purchase - Lease a property with the right to buy it at some future time. Provide for the rental payment to be credited towards the down payment if you decide to exercise your option.
10. Give them something they need - If the seller is planning to purchase something in the future that you own or can buy, use it as a trade. This can be anything such as furniture, boat or motor home.
About The Author
Richard Massey is a note broker with United Financial Resources and a real estate investor. You can get more information at http://www.unitedfinancialresources.com or to read more articles go to http://unitedfinancialresources.com/news.html
Buying a Home with Zero Down Payment in Irvine, CA
Years ago, the only person that could buy a home in Irvine with zero down payment using a new purchase money loan were Veterans of War (called a VA loan). In the past several years, there has been an explosion of new loan programs designed to fit most any buyers circumstances.
Hurricane Katrina And The Impact On Real Estate Prices
In the wake of Hurricane Katrina's wide path of destruction, the real estate market will be affected perhaps in ways not fully understood or expected. If recent hurricane recovery history holds true there will be several good things to come out of all destruction.
Timing Clauses Stop Sellers From Inciting Bidding War
It is no secret that the current real estate market is hot, hot, hot. Sellers can receive multiple bids for their property on the same day.
Law & Logic of Homeowner Association Capital Reserves
In October 1999, Oregon was one of the first states that enacted a significant improvement to its Condominium and Planned Community regarding capital reserve planning, a process by which homeowner associations plan and fund future repairs and replacements. For many associations, the process became mandatory although there was an "escape clause" for pre-October 99 Oregon communities.
Real Estate Research By Talking
Real estate research might start with a look at the U.S.
Real Estate Investing In Bulgaria
As Bulgaria readies for joining the European Economic Community in 2007, many investors are looking to see if there are real estate bargains to be had there.Other countries have had a big run up before and shortly after joining the European Economic Community.
When is the Best Time to Move?
As Realtors, we are often asked, "When is the best season to move?" This is a tough question, one we cannot answer for you. Most people are asking about price, do they fluctuate throughout the year? NO.
The Listing Agents Role in Selling Your California Home
Advertising to the "Public"Every home seller likes to be assured that their listing agent and or their real estate company will run ads featuring their home. Newspaper ads range from color photo ads to lots of listings reflected on a page with primarily only copy.
The Psyche of The Seller and The Tenant Buyer
For those of you who were not psychology majors the "psyche" is someone's mind. What motivates them.
Selling Houses: Cutting Edge Design Tips for Selling
In this article, you're going to discover new techniques for marketing houses, and you'll find that these fresh, new interior design ideas will help sell your home faster, and for a higher price than the competition!Buyers' physical senses respond to a home's design, and what a buyer feels is based upon their psychological reactions to sight, hearing, smell, touch, and even taste. Design Psychology employs new strategies in interior design to entice buyers.
Listing Real Estate Online - Top Tactics for Boosting Sales
Listing real estate online can be a great way to let buyers know what is out there and it gives sellers a chance to show their home to people all over the world. However, the problem lies in the fact that most people still want to tour the home, inside and out, before buying it.
Negotiating A Short Sale - The High Road to Huge Foreclosure Profits
Buying foreclosures can be extremely profitable for real estate investors. However, most of these homeowners are mortgaged to the hilt.
Find Bucks in Yucks! 20-Year-Old Woman Turns Doghouses into Dollars!
Do you dream of making money in real estate? Do you realize how easy it is to make big bucks? Even a young inexperienced person can transform houses for great profit.How to Fix, Flip, and Laugh All the Way to the BankAt the age of twenty, our family friend Dawn made her first fortune flipping houses by herself.
Investing In Real Estate Investors
With the never-ending changes in our Real Estate Markets real estate professionals are starting to pay attention to the sound of new commission streams of income. Some realtors have either shied away or ran-away from such terms as "Cap Rate," & "Cash-on-Cash Returns.
The Costs of Transforming Your Home into a Buyers Dream House
Turning your house into the home of a buyer's dreams doesn't have to cost a great deal of money. In fact, armed with some paint and the determination to work hard, most home sellers usually need to invest only about $500 to spruce up their homes for a quick sale.
Boston Real Estate - Interest Rates and Inventory Must be Analyzed when Selling Your Boston Home
When selling your Boston home, it's good practice to be aware of what similar homes in your neighborhood have recently sold for. Recent comparable sales are not only what a good Boston real estate agent should use for guidance when pricing your home, but also what a bank appraiser will use if and when your buyer applies for a mortgage to buy your home.
Five Things to Help Sell Your Home Fast, and For More Money
Selling your home requires some thought and a clear plan of action. Here are five things to consider when you're getting ready to sell your home:1) Know Your BuyersAre most of the homes in your neighborhood being bought by first-time or move-up buyers? Depending on which group will be looking at your home, you'll want to do the things that will make your home appealing to those buyers.
Real Estate Bubble: Fact or Fiction?
The real estate market buzz across the country these days revolves around the anticipated and much feared "bubble". The implication is that once burst, prices will spiral downward taking with them the major assets of those foolish enough to buy at a time when disaster looms large.
How Not To Blow Your Build Budget
Most people who complete a self build will go on to make a profit if they decide to sell afterwards, but what steps can you take to ensure that you don't totally blow the budget?There are lots of advantages to a totally unique self-build but most important is sound financial planning before and during the self-build, to ensure you stay within budget and make worthwhile savings.Research all your costs carefully and get as many perspectives and quotes as possible.
Before Selling Your Home
Here are some important steps you should take before you put your house on the market:1. Home Loan Approval for your next HomeYou don't want to be signing a contract to sell your house before knowing if you are qualified to buy another.
home | site map
All articles are copyright to their owners.
Note: this website lists articles, We do not Write Articles !