List Categories | List All Articles | List Articles By Title
Important Information For Condo Buyers
Here is a step by step guide for buyers looking to buy a condo in any area. These are important tactics to make a solid and accurate judgement on the property you're looking to purchase.
- When purchasing a condominium make sure that you ask for the last three to six months of the condominium minutes. This infomation will provide you with alot of insight into what is happening in the building.
- Obtain a copy of the Declaration, the bylaws, and any rules and regulations from the Condo Association.
- To make sure you are buying into a financially sound building, it is also advisable to find out if the building has any outstanding loans with a bank. Some buildings may take out loans instead of doing a special assessment as a way of doing major work such as new elevators or the exterior facade of the building.
- Make sure you obtain a statement from the Condo Association of any capital expenditures anticapted by the Board within the current or succeeding two fiscal years.
- Find out from the Condo Association if there are any pending suits or judgements in which the Board is a party.
- If the building is newer, find out if the parking is deeded or assigned and whether you can sell it to a purchaser outside the building .Also, make sure you see the exact location of the garage spot before you write a contract to purchase the property.
- Buildings with substantial reserves and lower assessments tend to appreciate at a faster rate than other buildings in a similiar location. Keep in mind that assessments are based on how many amenities are in the building.
- Resale in six flats tend to have better resale value than three flats. The rationale is that a six flat unit is a wider unit since it is constructed on a 50 x 125 foot lot.
- The more horizontal a unit is the more apt it will have better resale value. Vertical units tend to have more hallways and typically do not have split bedrooms.
- The higher the ceilings in a unit the larger the unit will feel. Most people typically prefer 9 foot ceilings or higher hence the height of the ceilings will usually effect resale.
About The Author
Sheldon Salnick is a Realtor with Rubloff Residential Properties. He has worked with new construction buyers for the last 13 years and has represented over $200 million in new construction. For more information or guidance in the purchase of a new construction home, townhome or condominium please visit http://www.SheldonChicago.com.
Negotiating the Real Estate Contract
Negotiation is the process of communication back and forth in order to reach a joint agreement. There is no "one size fits all" strategy of negotiating a real estate contract.
Buying a Home - Dealing With Lender Letters
Most people who set out to buy a home, be it house, townhouse, condo, apartment, or mansion on a hill, know they need to have a lender letter in hand saying they are qualified for a loan. What most "civilians" (people not in the real estate business) don't realize is how much the value of a lender letter varies.
Home Equity - Don't Spend It on Risky Investments
The housing market has exploded in the last five years, and homeowners are finding that the equity in their homes is greater than it has ever been. The equity in a home is the difference between the market value of the home and the amount still owed on it.
The Great Real Estate Bubble Quiz
You hear it asked on the radio, in the newspapers and on TV."Are we experiencing a value bubble in real estate and is itready to burst?"Do you have an answer for that question? Do you have a guess?Yes, I know the so called experts are lining up on both sides of the question.
To Buy or Not to Buy
Purchasing a home is a major emotional and financial decision. Often times, people want to buy a home; however, emotionally cannot afford to commit to the home-buying process.
Real Estate Investing: Sales and Negotiation Skills are Critical
Do you want to build wealth through real estate? You need expertise in two critical areas: specific investment strategies and sales and negotiation skills. But if knowing how to identify good deals is what's really important about investing in real estate, why do investors need to worry about their sales and negotiation skills?"Knowing how to identify good deals is certainly a critical part of real estate investing, but it's not the only part," says Russ Whitney, internationally recognized real estate expert and bestselling author of Millionaire Real Estate Mentor (Dearborn Trade Publishing).
Much Ado About Mansionization?
Is there a perpetual shadow hovering over your house? Do you feel as though you live in a Batman movie? You may be the victim of a neighboring McMansion or a new development trend called mansionization, the housing industry's equivalent to bigger portions and fast food.These mansionizers-who are frequently "spec" builders--buy small or dilapidated homes, raze them and erect massive structures, often resembling sterile apartment buildings.
Buy FHA HUD Homes
FHA HUD homes are those dwellings that have been acquired by the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). The HUD oversees the Federal Housing Administration (FHA), which offers federal insurance on home mortgages.
Property in Bulgaria - Huge Investment Potential
Bulgaria is a truly magnificent country, located in Eastern Europe with an amazing coastline that stretches over 340km along the Black Sea, with a backdrop of one of the world's most magnificent mountain ranges and the beautiful and historic capital city of Sofia.Today Bulgaria not only offers one of Europe's most attractive and unspoilt holiday destinations it is also host to what will be one of the most dynamic and as of yet relatively untapped property and real estate markets.
Real Estate Lease Option Danger
Why are real estate investors having so much success offering "rent to own" homes?Lease-options offer home ownership opportunities to folks with little cash and not so hot credit.Oh boy, there are plenty of those around.
Is Second Home Ownership In Your Future?
According to the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR), a record 2.82 million second homes were sold in 2004.
Panama is Hot - A World Class Retirement Haven Thats Ripe For Profitable Real Estate Investment
If you've followed any of the major survey agencies around the world that rate places for retirement, Panama has been on top of the list in many, and for a few years running. So, if you're looking for a place outside U.
Fixer Uppers: Dont Make This Mistake
Making money with "fixer-uppers" isn't about repairing drywall or planting flowers. It's about using the right approach from the start.
Real Estate Internet Marketing Is The Way To Go
Real estate Internet marketing is a booming business, along with all other forms of Internet businesses. Now, it seems that very little can't be sold over the Internet.
Landscaping Adds Great Value to Real Estate And Helps You Sell
Over the years several of our clients have had professional landscaping done and it's amazing to me how little landscaping, can be done for $5-10,000, by a professional Landscaper, and how little value it can add to your home.Small shrubs, trees, and plantings add almost nothing, or actually nothing at all, to your home value on the open market -- until they are several years older! There is another way!Some savvy investors look for good homes that are poorly landscaped and after spending a couple of thousand dollars or less put the property right back on the market for much more money and sell it.
Why A Final Inspection Is Necessary
In the sales contract, the sellers of your new home agreed to leave all the light fixtures, custom blinds, and refrigerator. When you walk in the home on moving day, to your surprise, all of those things are gone.
How to Find the Sweet Spot in Real Estate Investing
Psssssssssst, Want to know a great way to make FAST money in real estate? Listen closely now because this tip is definitely cashable..
Should You Use a Property Management Company or Manage Your Real Estate Investment in Florida?
When considering investment properties, first of all, it must be determined that it is profitable and a good idea to purchase rental properties. Let's talk about this aspect.
How to Negotiate a Successful Short Sale
Anyone who has ever profited from doing a short sale has also without a doubt had one or two rejected at some point. Guess what? It is just the nature of the beast?As with all types of sales; you're playing a numbers game.
How to Get Started in the Real Estate Game Fixing and Flipping Houses
If you're looking to get started investing in real estate by fixing and flipping houses, you'll want to know what to type of property to buy. Many real estate investors make millions turning ugly houses into dollhouses.
home | site map
All articles are copyright to their owners.
Note: this website lists articles, We do not Write Articles !