List Categories | List All Articles | List Articles By Title
Sell Your California Home For Top Dollar
HOW TO SELL YOUR HOME FOR TOP DOLLAR
1. Make your home look like a model - even if it isn't. Hire a Realtor that offers the services of a professional decorator who will assist you in preparing your home for sale - using the existing items in your home.
2. Keep the thermostat set so that buyer's are comfortable. Imagine buyer's looking at several homes on a hot summer day, even if your home is perfect, when the buyer's are uncomfortable when viewing your home, they will not like it.
3. Lots of light. When you know your home is being shown, turn every light on, even on a sunny day. Open curtains (unless the view is unpleasant). When leaving for work, at a minimum, leave on the lights in the entry and the first several rooms that a buyer will naturally be drawn too. Have your windows professionally cleaned.
4. Open houses. Talk to your agent about the frequency and advisability of having open houses to the public.
5. Constant exposure. Your home won't sell unless buyers and their agents know about it. In order to sell for top dollar, your Realtor must repeatedly and regularly draw attention to your home. Depending on your customized marketing plan, this may include: open houses, broker's open houses, internet, email and a customized print campaign.
6. Aggressive Target Marketing. Who is the likely buyer of your home and where are they now? Your Realtor's customized marketing plan should include a plan on how to find this buyer.
7. Create Urgency. When a buyer feels the asking price is fair, and has a sufficient sense of urgency, he will often pay full price and in a heated seller's market it is common for homes to sell in a multiple counter offer situation, resulting in a selling price even higher than the asking. There are a variety of ways to create urgency and in some instances the "right marketing plan" can and will result in a full price (or higher) sale.
Phyllis Harb, a California native is a Realtor/Marketing Specialist at RE/Max Tri City in La Canada, California. RE/MAX Tri-City offers additional offices in La Crescenta, Glendale, Los Feliz and Pasadena. Harb has been assisting Los Angeles County home sellers and buyers since 1989 and additionally offers over 10 years experience in real estate lending. Harb has an award winning web site @ http://www.RealtorHarb.com & may also be contacted at 818 790-7325.
Kings Bay, Saint Marys and Kingsland Georgia Real Estate - Mortgage Lenders
When looking for a home, it is important to first get pre-qualified with a mortgage company before you search for a home. This is the first step in making buying a home a no-nonsense experience.
Real Estate Investing Requires Education
I really believe in getting an education in real estate investing, especially before launching a real estate investing career. I have been investing in real estate for 25 years, but I still spend thousands of dollars each year to learn more about real estate investing.
Your Home Equity Can Work for You
"Use your home's equity to pay off your debt. It's easy and simple, no closing costs!" Every time I turn on the television, commercials bombard me telling me to take out a home equity line of credit.
Buying a Home in Westminster
The city of Westminster is centrally located in the Denver metropolitan area. Its easy access to amenities in both Denver and Boulder really coax investors into buying a home in Westminster.
Housing Bubbles and You
Are we in a housing bubble? To answer that question first we need to understand what a housing bubble actually is. A housing bubble is what happens when the there is a significant rise in the market that is mostly due to the expectation that the prices will continue to rise.
Timing Clauses Stop Sellers From Inciting Bidding War
It is no secret that the current real estate market is hot, hot, hot. Sellers can receive multiple bids for their property on the same day.
Is Second Home Ownership In Your Future?
According to the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR), a record 2.82 million second homes were sold in 2004.
How Professional Property Investors Interpret and Use Capital Growth Statistics
Understanding and using yearly price growth statistics in an area of interest is critical to making successful property investments decisions.Property price growth is usually expressed in terms of a percentage i.
Relocation Humor: Why I Bought A House
The Rental Experience in South FloridaReaders: This is based on a true experience -- only slightly exaggerated -- part of my life of adventure.If I had read my own book, Making the Big Move, and followed my own advice, none of this would have happened! A word to the wise .
Buying Real Estate Thats Not For Sale
Buying real estate can start with a look in the newspaper, a visit to a broker, or a search online. These are all good ways to find your next investment property.
FSBO: For Sale By Owners Chapter IV [part 1]
Like a monarch, Red Haring reigned in the deep leather seat of his KenWorth cab-with its king-size sleeper. The 400 horsepower Caterpillar diesel engine droned apathetically as Red downshifted for the parking lot to his favorite Boise, Idaho roadside diner.
How Can I Stop Foreclosure on My House?
We understand the being in foreclosure is a scary thing. You are probably wondering how can I stop foreclosure on my house.
How to Build a Real Estate Investing Power Team
As you continue to read about real estate investing, you will no doubt come across the term 'power team'. What is this 'power team'? A power team is a group of people without whom successful real estate investing becomes very difficult, if not impossible.
Real Estate Investing: Sales and Negotiation Skills are Critical
Do you want to build wealth through real estate? You need expertise in two critical areas: specific investment strategies and sales and negotiation skills. But if knowing how to identify good deals is what's really important about investing in real estate, why do investors need to worry about their sales and negotiation skills?"Knowing how to identify good deals is certainly a critical part of real estate investing, but it's not the only part," says Russ Whitney, internationally recognized real estate expert and bestselling author of Millionaire Real Estate Mentor (Dearborn Trade Publishing).
Selling by Owner Tips
Do strangers scare or intimidate you? If you're planning to try to sell your home yourself, you'll have to get used to it. You'll also be opening yourself up to potentially dangerous situations and legal liabilities.
Purchase Online Tenancy Agreements
Buy an on-line Tenancy Agreement now. As a landlord and also as a tenant it is important that there is a comprehensive tenancy agreement in place to protect both parties.
Buyers Closing Cost
Buyers, borrower, closing costs can be divided into two categories. Nonrecurring closing cost and recurring closing cost.
Property in Bulgaria - Huge Investment Potential
Bulgaria is a truly magnificent country, located in Eastern Europe with an amazing coastline that stretches over 340km along the Black Sea, with a backdrop of one of the world's most magnificent mountain ranges and the beautiful and historic capital city of Sofia.Today Bulgaria not only offers one of Europe's most attractive and unspoilt holiday destinations it is also host to what will be one of the most dynamic and as of yet relatively untapped property and real estate markets.
Property Investing Secrets 3
Property Investing Secrets: When you Make Property Easy to Buy for People Using Vendor Finance It Is Easy To SellWhen property investing, my goal is to make it easy for people to buy my properties, that's why I offer vendor finance. You have the advantage when you buy properties from sellers when property investing.
Bulgarian Property Market Insight
GOLF GRABS BULGARIA!At the present time there are only three golf courses in the whole of Bulgaria: one at Elin Pelin, near the capital, Sofia, and two owned by Air Sofia. These are located at Ihtiman, opened in 2000, 40km from Sofia, and at Sliven, opened in 2004, 90km from the Black Sea.
home | site map
All articles are copyright to their owners.
Note: this website lists articles, We do not Write Articles !