List Categories | List All Articles | List Articles By Title
How To Sell A Home That Didnt Sell
If your home has just come off the market and hasn't sold, don't be discouraged. The reason it didn't sell may have nothing to do with your home. Your home may have been one of the more desirable properties for sale. If your listing has expired and you still wish to sell, take a moment to review your situation.
Selling your home can be very inconvenient, but make the commitment to do what it takes to get your home sold the next time. With the right agent and your cooperation, your home will sell.
Why didn't your home sell? Honestly assess your listing history. Your home probably did not sell for one of the four most common reasons:
1. Availability - Is your home easy to show? Your home must be easily accessible, if you don't have a lock box, consider installing one. Be flexible, and allow showing times that are convenient to buyers and their agents. Do not follow the buyer and their agent around the house; go for a walk, or at the very least, step outside. The showing agent is compensated only after they sell your home - they are motivated to get paid. Buyers need the freedom to voice objections and only then, can their agent solve the issues raised. Allow the buyer and their agent the "freedom" to discuss your home, without worrying about hurting your feelings.
2. Make a good first impression - Make the Buyer fall in love with your home. Typically a buyer's decision to purchase a home is based on emotion, not logic. A house in move-in condition invites a sale. Consider: fixing all the readily apparent defects that a buyer will discover during their first ten to fifteen-minute walk thru. Keep it clean for all showings, declutter, brighten up (open the curtains, turn on the lights). Enhance the curb appeal. Most buyers make up their mind in 2 minutes whether or not they like a home. Discuss with your agent about taking care of other repairs and improvements such as paint, flooring, etc. Because a buyer envisions only their inflated idea of the cost of the improvement, offering an allowance to your prospective buyers, is not always as desired as having the work completed. A house that makes a good first impression, sells for the best price because it outshines the competition.
3. Pricing -The proper price depends on current market conditions, competition, location and the condition of your home. If your home doesn't compare favorably with others in the same price range, buyers and their agents won't give your home serious consideration. Ask your Realtor to provide you with a current market analysis (a summary of comparable homes: recently sold, for sale, in escrow and expired).
4. Marketing -The first step in your marketing plan involves finding an agent who will best represent you. When interviewing agents, ask each to demonstrate how they marketed other similar homes and discuss a specific marketing plan tailored to your home. Compare, too, how much money each spends on marketing? Ask them how they advertise (newspaper, internet, call capture hotline, etc.). Your Listing Agent, not only needs to spend money, but also must spend it effectively. Not all agents are "created equal". To sell your home for top dollar in any market, you must have an agent who uses an innovative marketing approach. Eliminate any real estate agent using tired, traditional methods to sell your home because they don't work in today's market!
BUYERS ARE OUT THERE ...AND WITH THE RIGHT AGENT, THEY WILL COME IN DROVES. Before You Put Your Home Back on the Market, remember:
1. Honest communication is vital between you and your agent.
2. Price your home according to market conditions, competition and the condition of your house.
3. Be sure your house is in show condition, some agents, offer assistance in staging your home for sale.
4. Have an innovative marketing plan firmly set in place.
Phyllis Harb, a California native is a Realtor/Marketing Specialist at RE/Max Tri City in La Canada, California. RE/MAX Tri-City offers additional offices in La Crescenta, Glendale, Los Feliz and Pasadena. Harb has been assisting Los Angeles County home sellers and buyers since 1989 and additionally offers over 10 years experience in real estate lending. Harb has an award winning web site @ http://www.RealtorHarb.com & may also be contacted at 818 790-7325.
Landscaping Adds Great Value to Real Estate And Helps You Sell
Over the years several of our clients have had professional landscaping done and it's amazing to me how little landscaping, can be done for $5-10,000, by a professional Landscaper, and how little value it can add to your home.Small shrubs, trees, and plantings add almost nothing, or actually nothing at all, to your home value on the open market -- until they are several years older! There is another way!Some savvy investors look for good homes that are poorly landscaped and after spending a couple of thousand dollars or less put the property right back on the market for much more money and sell it.
Selling Houses: The Basics of Design Psychology
I'm often asked about the basics of Design Psychology, which offers innovative interior and exterior design ideas for increasing profit and shortening market time. In reply, I begin by saying that Design Psychology's strategies go well beyond normal cleaning, painting, and repair.
Property Investing - Port Melbourne Life on the Edge
Property investing prices pick up following a cooler winter last year. Susannah Petty Reports.
How To Buy Property in Spain Safely
Buying property abroad is not an undertaking one should embark upon lightly! It is not wise to assume that the entire purchase process will follow the rules we're used to 'back home' and generally speaking there are usually a whole new set of rules and regulations, traditions and traps to learn, understand and watch out for.Spain is absolutely no exception and has a tangled web of laws and legislation seemingly designed to trip up an unwary real estate buyer.
Buying A Home - Rain, Sun, and Weather Issues
When buying a home, it can be easy to overlook year-around weather issues. You may think you are purchasing a home in a sunny area, but come to find there is always a heavy cloud cover.
FSBO Novel Preface
PrefaceWe are For Sale By Owners, "FSBOs." We spend our time trying to sell ourselves and others on what we are doing or what we want to believe.
Why Real Estate Investment?
Why should you invest in real estate? Well, investing in real estate for profit is one of the most popular approaches to generating additional income in the United States today. In fact, if you pay attention to recent press you will have seen numerous reports about the real estate investment craze that seems to be sweeping the Nation.
If You Cant Afford to Retire...Move
According to Warren Bland, PhD, an award-winning author and geographer at Cal State, people have a great option. It's called "equity-take" that is, the difference in cost of comparable housing between your present community and the more affordable one to which you could move.
StagingŪ Your Home for Sale: a Superior Real Estate Home Marketing Technique: Part 1
Every Realtor KNOWS that a home should be shown in its best light to help sell it faster and for more money! We also know that, properly done, it Is a lot more than putting fragrant pies, breads or cookies in the oven, opening the drapes and turning on all the lights; although even that helps greatly.Setting the stage to obtain the highest value, fastest, for a home has recently evolved into a real estate specialty that can pay of grandly for the seller and help the buyer overcome the immense emotional strain of making a decision on which, of many similar properties, to purchase.
Property Investors, Scrub Your Thoughts and Start Again - Brazil, Brazil, Brazil!
Brazil Property - FortalezaThe PlaceWhat to do in a place like this - You can swim, surf, dive, sail, golf, play ball, ride, explore, bargain hunt, sight see, explore, drive a dune buggy for 100 miles in any direction, or take a jeep up a steep mountain trail. You can explore environmental preserves, or just swing in a hammock and do nothing at all.
How To Negotiate A Higher Price For Your House
Negotiation is where many FSBO home sellers really have problems. The wrong attitude or a slip of the tongue could cost you thousands.
Real Estate Investing - The First House Purchase
Real estate investing usually begins with the purchase of a house, rather than raw land or commercial property. The purchase of a relatively inexpensive house for rental or fix-up purpose is usually lower risk than any other type of real estate investment.
Making Money In Real Estate - 10 Ways
Making money in real estate is an endless topic that includes all the various types of real estate investments. There is land, apartment buildings, homes, commercial buildings and more.
FSBO: For Sale By Owners Chapter One
She reached the phone on its second ring. "This is Tami!" She confidently answered.
Selling Your Own Home - Pet Issues
If you are selling you own home, you need to consider the effect of pets. People who are working with a real estate broker are sure to get coached about the potential negative effect of pets.
Reinventing Real Estate, Part 1: Online and Empowered Consumers Are Taking Charge and Paying Less
For decades, the real estate world turned in a predictable manner. The roles of buyers, sellers and real estate professionals were fairly well defined and transactions followed a predictable path of yard signs, newspaper ads, open houses and miles of paperwork.
Home Inspection Checklist - Home Inspectors
Although architectural details, wall and floor coverings, modern conveniences and many other factors are important in the buying decision, the focus of this inspection is on the structural/mechanical/electrical condition of the property.The inspection is designed to give the real estate agent or prospective purchaser a system to detect some of the readily accessible major flaws or deficiencies in the significant components and systems of a home.
Budgeting Your Log Home - Creating a Checklist
If you've read my first article, BUDGETING YOUR LOG HOME: Where do you start?, you've got a very basic overview of the process. However, there are still a number of questions I'd like to address.
Easing Your Way Into Homeownership: A Guide To Low Down Payment Mortgage Programs
There's no question about it: Buying a first home is a big financial commitment. In most cases, a home is the largest single purchase an individual or family will make in a lifetime.
Using Transformation Psychology to Sell Investment Properties
Satisfying and lucrative real estate investment depends upon your correct assessment of profit potential, of course, but your ultimate success depends on your ability to transform a doghouse into a dollhouse. The renovation process involves physical work and choosing the best supplies, in order to create maximum positive emotional effect and profits.
home | site map
All articles are copyright to their owners.
Note: this website lists articles, We do not Write Articles !