List Categories | List All Articles | List Articles By Title
Dont Sell It Yourself
Don't sell it yourself! Sometimes a "FSBO," or house "for sale by owner" can sell as fast, and for as much as it would have if listed with a real estate agent. Sometimes. Before you decide to give it a try though, consider the following ten points.
1. Most buyers work with agents, and look through MLS listings. If you don't list with an agent, most buyers will never see or hear about your home. It's hard to find that "right" buyer or get top dollar when your invisible to most of the market.
2. FSBOs get lower offers. It's only logical. The buyer thinks you'll take less because you're saving the commission! Save $10,000, get $10,000 less - where's the advantage in that?
3. You pay advertising. All the costs the real estate office normally pays are yours if you sell it yourself. How much will you spend on ads if it takes a a year to sell?
4. You don't have the resources. The agent has books of sold properties to look at, for example, to determine the best price for your home. You can get that information by digging through county records, but you do have to value your time too, right?
5. You may not know the market. What's the target market for your house? Young couples, retirees? What features are they looking for? You should know these things before you write your ads. An experienced real estate salesperson will know.
6. You may not know the laws. What about written disclosures, and who pays the real estate transfer tax? Just because you sell it yourself doesn't mean you get to ignore the laws.
7. You may not be a good salesperson. How do you develop rapport and properly answer objections? Will your defensiveness scare off a buyer who criticizes your home? Think back to your own purchases. You know a good salesperson makes a difference.
8. A real estate agent handles the paperwork. Can you help the buyer properly fill out an offer to purchase? Do you have the other closing documents ready?
9. Real estate agents negotiate for you. When is the last time you learned a new negotiating technique? Do you know how to counter-offer without angering a buyer? A good salesperson is trained in these skills.
10. You may not save a penny. Documents, newspaper advertising, signs for the yard, and more - it's all your expense when you sell it yourself. Then after your hard work, you get low offers, and negotiate poorly? The truth is that sellers often net less money from the sale when they try to save the commission.
You can see why most "FSBO" sellers eventually turn to a real estate agent for help. You can learn to do many of the things an agent does, but is it worth it to spend all that time and maybe not even save any money? Don't sell it yourself unless you really know what you're doing, and you're ready for the hassle.
Steve Gillman has invested real estate for years. To learn more, and to see a photo of a beautiful house he and his wife bought for $17,500, visit http://www.HousesUnderFiftyThousand.com
How to Become a Successful Real Estate Developer
Real estate investment and development has never been a more popular pastime or career changing challenge; if you would like to learn seven secrets for consistently successful real estate investing through development or you would like to know how you can continue to profit from property even if the market takes a downward turn just read on?1) Do Your Location Homework - did you know that through successful and sustained location research professional property investors actually continue to profit during a market down turn? It's true - whatever the market conditions you can apply their location research approach to your real estate investments and also make consistent profits from property.Take the necessary time to learn all about a town or city you're considering for your next property development purchase and discover where the up and coming areas of that town are likely to be.
Selling Your House Fast!
The physical senses of buyers respond to a home's design, and buyer base their purchase decisions on what the see, hear, smell, touch, and even taste. But what do buyers actually want?All buyers what a home that most closely suits their needs and makes them feel a sense of happiness.
Researching Property for Real Estate Investing
Much is being said lately about investments. There are many investments that one could make: stocks, notes, gold, retirement plans, etc.
Why Are Mortgage Notes Discounted Anyway?
When real estate note brokers purchase partially paid notes, they pay the note holder a discounted price after factoring in the time value of money, the payer history, and property condition.If there is still a significant period of time left for the payer to make payments, the future payments are not worth the same amount in current dollars.
Do Open Houses Work?
What are the odds that you'll find your dream at a Sunday open house? What is the likelihood that your home will sell at an open house? Open houses are an integral part of the home sale business. But, do they work?There are two types of open houses.
Real Estate Investing: How to Choose a Lender
To become a successful real estate investor it's vital to have a long-term relationship with a good lender. Having a flexible lender who knows your needs and objectives can be the difference between success and failure in your investment career.
Real Estate Disputes And Partition
What if two people pooled their resources and began investing in real estate. Like many partnerships things progress smoothly for a while and then a dispute arises.
Buying To Let Top Ten Tips
Buying to let is considered a serious investment and should not be conducted without some equally serious research. Our top ten tips will get you on the right path to finding out all you need to know to become a seriously successful landlord.
Buy to Let Property Investment
In recent years buy to let has been a popular way of investing in residential property. Stock markets are out of favour with many investors who have seen the values of their portfolios, endowment policies and pension funds shrink, whereas property has generally continued to rise in value.
Home Owners: Disclose the Facts!
One of the most common causes for disputes occurring after the sale of a home arise from the buyer finding defects in the property, defects which were not disclosed to him by the owner before the sale of the property. If you are the owner of a home that you are looking to sell, please be aware that you may be held liable for not disclosing any known defects in your home.
Checklist for Buying a Home
I had a client who called saying that his bath tub just fallen through the floor in his new home (new to him). Mold had eaten away the floor from the crawlspace up.
Buying and Selling Real Estate in Florida
Florida is known as the "Sun Shine" state, and the reason is clear. People move to Florida for many reasons, but most that move there stay there.
Selling a House is Easy
The thought of selling a house strikes fear into most people. The contracts, the legalese, the exorbitant costs - they all conspire to make the experience unpleasant at best, and a nightmare at worst.
Property Investing Secrets 6
Property Investing Secrets:What No One Ever Tells You-How Real Estate Agents Size Up BuyersHere is the most important rule you must know about property investing: present yourself with confidence to the real estate agent. If you're property investing and trying to buy your first property and you have never really dealt with a real estate agent, you're probably not going to get a bargain.
Talk to a Lender Before You Sell Your Home
If you're looking to sell your home quickly, and for top dollar, the best thing you can do is to be able to offer your buyers some sound financing options. That's why developing a relationship with a lender can be the key to a quick sale, and to more money at closing.
How to Negotiate a Successful Short Sale
Anyone who has ever profited from doing a short sale has also without a doubt had one or two rejected at some point. Guess what? It is just the nature of the beast?As with all types of sales; you're playing a numbers game.
Preserve Equity, Build for the Future Using a 1031 Tax Exchange
Thinking of trading up on an investment resort property? If so, look into 1031 Tax Exchanges (based on IRS Code Section 1031), which allow taxpayers to defer taxes on capital gains resulting from the sale of investment real estate, often a sizable sum since combined Federal and State taxes can run as high as 38 percent.With an exchange, owners are able to preserve equity, while still selling the property.
Apartment Financing Explained
So you're interested in entering the world of property management? Have you thought about how you're going to get into this potentially lucrative market? Let's face it; unless you've just inherited a large sum of money or are otherwise independently wealthy you're going to have to borrow. This is where apartment financing comes in.
Real Estate Season is Here
Yes, it has finally arrived. This is the time of year when the MLS or Multiple Listing Services go up like crazy in all most every city, town and village.
Real Estate Investment 2005 - The Hottest Countries for Investment in 2005
Whether you are a real estate investor looking for a steady and 'safe' investment in a proven market or a real estate speculator willing to gamble on the unknown and undiscovered in the hopes of gaining a significant ROI (return on investment), this article covers the real estate investment hotspots for 2005.A recent UK government report discovered that there was a 250% increase between 2000 and 2004 in the number of Britons buying property abroad solely for investment purposes, and this trend does not seem to be limited to the UK nor does it seem to be slowing down!The global stock markets seem to be in decline, there is a worldwide pension crisis looming and we have uncertainty in the Middle East, in the UK the housing market is unaffordable, possibly over inflated and unlikely to bring significant returns for investors late in on the game and so more and more of us are looking further a field for our investment opportunities.
home | site map
All articles are copyright to their owners.
Note: this website lists articles, We do not Write Articles !