List Categories | List All Articles | List Articles By Title
Real Estate Investment Requires A Team
I had a hard time at first with real estate investment. One of the reasons was that I tended to be a "lone wolf," trying to do too much myself. I've since learned that to really do well investing in real estate, you need to have a team of people you can trust and rely on. Here are some possible team members, and what they need to be on the team.
1. Real estate agent. A licensed agent with experience in the area you invest in and access to the MLS (Multiple Listing Service), can be a great help. If she is a seller's agent, she can still ethically bring the best deals to you once she knows you're a serious buyer.
2. Real estate attorney. This should be someone familiar with the laws and legal customs of your area, and have experience with the type of deals you intend to do (If you are buying rentals, she should be familiar with doing evictions, for example.)
3. Accountant or bookkeeper. Keeping proper books for real estate investments is getting more complicated with all the tax-law changes. Find someone that understands the law, and what you want.
4. Mortgage broker or banker. The first can offer many options, but the second can make the loan decision. Each has their advantages, and you could use both. In either case it's important that they understand what you want (fast closings, lower interest, corporate loans?)
5. Appraiser. Not only can a good appraiser give you an accurate valuation of a property, but they should be able to suggest ways in which you can raise the value of a property. Use someone that will talk to you.
6. Inspector. In some areas it is easy to become an inspector with little experience. It's best if you use one that is or used to be a contractor, so he can find the problems AND give you some idea of the cost of repairs.
7. Insurance agent. A good one will understand what you want, and find ways to save you money. Insure all your properties with one agent, and you're likely to have discounts available, and better service.
8. Escrow officer. They will usually be with a closing company. Look for someone that's efficient, and can explain things clearly to both sides. If he is confused by a slightly creative contract, he should educate easily or be replaced.
9. Cleaning person. Having a trusted person or crew ready means a fast turn around when you buy a rental or rehab project.
10. Property manager. Be sure that the company you hire has exerience, is responsive, and will have time when you call. A good property manager can tell you BEFORE you buy, what you should get for rent in a given area.
Real estate investment is less stressful and more profitable with a good team on your side.
Steve Gillman has invested real estate for years. To learn more, and to see a photo of a beautiful house he and his wife bought for $17,500, visit http://www.HousesUnderFiftyThousand.com
Lease Purchasing Is The Perfect Home-Based Business
Some call it the 30 second commute. We call it wonderful.
New or Old House?
A lot of buyers think that a new house is the way to go but it's important to have some knowledge of quality and of the builder. New paint, carpet, doors, windows and cabinets are a quick and easy sell.
Real Estate Season is Here
Yes, it has finally arrived. This is the time of year when the MLS or Multiple Listing Services go up like crazy in all most every city, town and village.
Greed Can Cost You Your Shirt!
The proper action when things are going well is to pay off debt and consolidate your position. Then you will be financially strong and can go for further expansion without fear of loosing what gains you already have.
Real Estate Investors Kick Away $1,000
Those new to real estate investing often fail to take action because they don't have much cash. The truth is that the very best investors got their start when they had little or no money.
Attention To Details Helps Homeowners Sell Fast In A Buyers Market
Your boss has just given you the career opportunity of a lifetime, but the job is in another state.Soon you discover that moving your family to another city may be one of life's hardest tasks.
What Is Home Staging And How Does It Help To Sell My House
Home staging is the concept of preparing a house for sale. This can involve everything from removing clutter, re-arranging furniture and in some cases re-decoration, ensuring that the house creates a great first impression and helps buyer's to feel that they could really live there.
How To Build A Million Pound Property Portfolio
Looking to quickly build a million pound property portfolio? You could try a high risk and speculative technique that has been used over recent years by investors hoping to make big profits from property.The technique relies on re-mortgaging and negotiating good discounts on off-plan property to take a £50,000 deposit and turn it into a million pound property portfolio within a couple of years or less.
If Your House Is a Mess, You Dont Have To Sell For Less
Don't be tempted by "We Buy Houses" or "Sell Your Ugly House in 9 days for Cash" ads.These savvy real estate investors look for sellers under duress.
How to Afford Your Dream Home
Is it your dream to one day own a holiday home in the sun; a beautiful house where you can escape, relax and be free of the worries that seem to go hand in hand with every day life?Well, you're not alone!A recent survey by a well known mortgage lender in the UK revealed that up to one in three Britons not only dream about owning a home in the sun but fully intend to make that dream a reality some day. And in the US the number of Americans planning to one day buy that ideal second home haven is now up to three in ten people.
Be A Realtor With Curb Appeal
Are you a realtor with curb appeal or are you more of a fixer-upper needful of updating?How you present yourself to colleagues, buyers and sellers, from the very first moment, will influence your sales records as well as the confidence and satisfaction your new clients feel. Even if you're a Realtor in demand, with more listings than hours in a week, you may well find areas that you can polish.
Lake Havasu Real Estate
Lake Havasu real estate is a hot commodity. With surrounding attractions such as the London Bridge, English Village, Mohave Desert, and Lake Havasu, it's no wonder that the place has become a popular place to live.
Why A Final Inspection Is Necessary
In the sales contract, the sellers of your new home agreed to leave all the light fixtures, custom blinds, and refrigerator. When you walk in the home on moving day, to your surprise, all of those things are gone.
Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble?
We are selling our house. We have lived here for 15 years, the longest I have ever lived anywhere; of the places since I left my parents' home I think my previous best was three years.
Ten Tips For Selling Your House
One of the biggest mistakes people make when selling a house, is not understanding real estate value. It doesn't matter at all what you think your home is worth.
What Homeowners Should Know to Stop Foreclosure- Speaking Your Lenders Language
Financial literacy is the means of empowering consumers to make informed financial decisions through exposure to accurate and timely information. In no other area is the void of accurate information more evident that in the area of foreclosure.
Dealing With Dual Real Estate Agents
Historically, real estate agents have represented the seller of a property. The seller, after all, is usually the one who pays their commission, and agents therefore have a fiduciary relationship with the seller.
Real Estate Investing - The First House Purchase
Real estate investing usually begins with the purchase of a house, rather than raw land or commercial property. The purchase of a relatively inexpensive house for rental or fix-up purpose is usually lower risk than any other type of real estate investment.
Homebuyer Heaven Can't Possibly Last
With interest rates at record lows over the past year, there's really only one way for them to go, the only question is when. Most experts agree that rates will remain fairly stable in the short term, at least until the end of the year, and some believe they will even decrease slightly.
Checklist for Buying a Home
I had a client who called saying that his bath tub just fallen through the floor in his new home (new to him). Mold had eaten away the floor from the crawlspace up.
home | site map
All articles are copyright to their owners.
Note: this website lists articles, We do not Write Articles !