List Categories | List All Articles | List Articles By Title
Making Money In Real Estate - 10 Ways
Making money in real estate is an endless topic that includes all the various types of real estate investments. There is land, apartment buildings, homes, commercial buildings and more. Whatever the type however, you'll make your profits in some of the basic ways listed below. Use this list to get yourself thinking of the possibilities.
1. Appreciation. Making money in real estate can be as simple as holding on and waiting. To really get the most appreciation in value, however, you should buy in an area where demand is growing faster than the supply.
2. Depreciation. Remember that after all the tax law changes, you still get to declare a loss for depreciation that doesn't really exist. That can save you a lot at tax time, meaning more after-tax profit. To maximize this, buy property that has its value primarily in the buildings, because you can't depreciate the value of land.
3. Loan pay-down. You gain equity with every payment you make. Get the lowest interest rate you can and more of each payment will go towards the principal.
4. Cash flow. When you buy income property the right way, you not only have your tenants paying all the costs and paying down the mortgage loan, but you also have positive cash flow.
5. Buy low. When you buy below market you get instant equity that will be converted into a profit when you sell. Offer a reason for the seller to sell low: fast closing, cash, assume some debts or liabilities, etc. Or just make a low offer. The seller may have his own reasons to sell it cheap.
6. Sell high. Clean it up nice, make it easy to buy, and find the right buyer to get top dollar. The next four on the list cover ways to create value, so you'll get more when you sell.
7. Offer financing. You can often get substantially more for a property if you offer financing. This is especially true if you let someone buy it with little money down. You can also get good interest on the loan.
8. Change use. If there is a higher use for the property, you can convert it to make it worth more to the next owner. Sometimes this means making condos into apartments, or apartments into condos. Maybe converting a home into office space will get the biggest return.
9. Improve and repair. Repairing anything that needs it is obvious, but you need to look creatively and carefully to find improvements to make. Concentrate only on those that will raise the value several times more than what they cost you.
10. Sell in parts. In real estate, the parts are often worth more than the whole. For example, splitting off an extra lot to sell for $30,000 will rarely decrease the value of a home by that much, so you'll make more money in the end.
Making money in real estate can be a wonderfully creative process. Just look at the sources of profits listed here, and think of how you can maximize a few of them on your next real estate investment.
Steve Gillman has invested real estate for years. To learn more, and to see a photo of a beautiful house he and his wife bought for $17,500, visit http://www.HousesUnderFiftyThousand.com
How To Find An Experienced Monticello Illinois Realtor
Finding a professional Monticello Realtor in Illinois is the best way to find the perfect property or home. A licensed realtor can assist you in locating the type of property you want in the price range you desire.
How To Build A Million Pound Property Portfolio
Looking to quickly build a million pound property portfolio? You could try a high risk and speculative technique that has been used over recent years by investors hoping to make big profits from property.The technique relies on re-mortgaging and negotiating good discounts on off-plan property to take a £50,000 deposit and turn it into a million pound property portfolio within a couple of years or less.
Investing in Real Estate & REITs
Real estate investing runs the gamut in terms of risk and investment success. The first rule of real estate investing, even before location, location, location, is be very careful with whom you are dealing.
Selling Houses: Psychological Effects of Landscaping
Buyers think they care more about the inside of the house than the landscaping, but in reality, most buyers won't even get out of their car if the front landscaping lacks the promise of great details inside. Therefore, your landscaping needs to arouse buyers' expectations and entice them into viewing the inside of your home.
Buying an Unfinished Home Maybe Your Answer
For the first time "want-to-be" homeowner, purchasing an unfinished new home maybe just the answer. With mortgage interest rates still at record lows, there has not been a better time to purchase a home in decades.
How to Sell Your Home Without a Real Estate Agent
Considering the rapid rise in home prices over the past several years, home sellers are taking a hard look at the commission they have to pay to a real estate brokerage to market and sell their home. Real estate commissions vary across the country; they average in the four to seven percent range.
The Costs of Transforming Your Home into a Buyers Dream House
Turning your house into the home of a buyer's dreams doesn't have to cost a great deal of money. In fact, armed with some paint and the determination to work hard, most home sellers usually need to invest only about $500 to spruce up their homes for a quick sale.
Real Estate Investing Works In Your Area Too!
I hope you had a spectacular weekend!Things have been going great here at Investor Wealth Academy, and we are very excited about some major developments coming down the line for us later this summer.More on that later.
Do I Need A Real Estate Survey?
Getting a survey before you close on any real estate is very important.Some people actually buy real estate without having a survey done.
Reprint Rights and How To Use Them To Generate A Steady Income
I can't emphasize enough how important it is to have a step by step guide for sellers and tenant buyers. However, many of you are missing out on other income streams that these step by step guides can generate.
Foreclosure Home Deals
Did you know that you can save tens of thousands of dollars on the purchase of your home by investing in a foreclosure or preforeclosure property? When you are trying to purchase a home for the first time, and you have limited resources and limited funds, it is particularly important that you get the most "bang for your buck".One way for a young family to get the most home for their money is to purchase a "distressed" property.
The Real Estate Cycle
The real estate cycle, like the business cycle, refers to the activity of the real estate market as it reacts to the forces of supply and demand.Supply and demand.
Home Inspectors: 5 Tips to Choosing the Right One
Choosing the wrong Home Inspector can cost you a lot more than the fee you paid. If you choose a home inspector solely on price alone, your headed down a dangerous highway.
The Most Sensible Investment Decision Youll Ever Make
So much advice is bandied about on the internet and even on the street about what makes a sensible investment, what makes a good investment and what makes a secure investment.Well - when you consider that for most of us our own home is actually our number one asset and that it is a strong capital appreciating asset, surely the most sensible investment decisions we can make will be locked into that real estate.
Personal Debt Can Disappear When You Set up a New Business
I teach students how to set up a new business name on paper and then move their personal debt into the business name.This will dramatically improve your personal credit score and help you make money as a real estate investor.
How To Increase Your Homes Selling Price by $3,306.75 In The Next 33 Days
According to the Federal Housing Finance Board:..
Estate planning can enable you to control your property while you are alive, take care of you and your loved ones if you become disabled, and give what you have to whom you want, the way you want, and when you want, and if you wish, you can save every last tax dollar, professional fee, and court cost possible.Estate planners frequently begin the estate planning process by analyzing clients' personal and financial dreams, aspirations, fears and objectives.
Will The Real Home Buying Guide... Please Stand Up?
Use Google right now and do a search on, "Home Buying Guide". Take a few minutes to click some of the links to see what's out there and then come right back.
Residential Income Property Financing: Part 2 of 3
Welcome to the second segment of a three-part series about income property. In this second segment we will be discussing financing options for residential income properties as well as the upside (and downside) of owning this type of property.
How to Sell Your House For Full Price
Many people believe that a real estate broker is needed to sell their house. So they post it with a broker who may or may not sell it and if they do charge exorbitant fees.
home | site map
All articles are copyright to their owners.
Note: this website lists articles, We do not Write Articles !