List Categories | List All Articles | List Articles By Title
Selling Your Home - Be Sure It Shows Well
Whether you are selling a house, townhouse, condo or apartment, there are universal tips that will help it sell. Primary among those tips are making sure your home "shows well."
First impressions of a home go a long way to determining how quickly it will sell. Here are a few suggestions that will make your home show well.
1. Be sure the approach to your home is clean, tidy and well groomed. Any brass should be polished, paint on the door should be in good condition and the door should be washed clean of fingerprints and paw marks.
2. If your home is a single family house, be sure the grass is cut, leaves raked, plant beds mulched and weeded, etc.
3. If your home is in a multi-family building, be sure the approach and hall to your home is clean even if it is not your job!
4. Be sure your home is tidy and uncluttered. This includes closets, cabinets, garages, and other storage areas. When "stuffed," no amount of storage "shows" as adequate. When really messy, no room looks charming.
5. Make any repairs that are noticeably needed. Door handles and locks should fit well and firmly. Exterior doors should shut and lock solidly. Drains and downspouts should be firmly attached and clear of debris so water flows freely. Attached light fixtures should be firmly attached. All switches should turn on whatever they were designed to turn on -- light, fan, disposal, etc.
6. Conventional wisdom dictates your home should be "neutralized." You can't really go wrong following this advice. You know the drill -- beige or soft gray carpet, beige, gray, or taupe walls, white or off-white woodwork and ceilings. Sometimes a very soft gold or a soft sage green can also "read" as neutral.
7. If you have a sure sense of decorating (you probably do if family and friends frequently ask your advice and you enjoy making decorating decisions), and especially if you plan to leave color coordinated window treatments, you might leave more definite colors in place understanding that a potential buyer with no imagination might be put off by them and not think to request a "redecorating allowance" in a contract offer. Still, beautiful decorating which is not neutral undeniably attracts some buyers.
8. If your carpet is in poor condition, but you cannot afford to replace it, get several neutral samples in a mid-price range from a local carpet store, spread them on the floor, and add a note stating that you will be glad to provide a carpet allowance from the proceeds of settlement.
9. Dark homes show badly. Make sure lamps are on and lampshades are straight with the seams toward a wall. Make sure there is as much natural light as possible; have curtains, shades and blinds open.
Buyers are looking for a home they can see themselves living in. Follow the above tips and you will position your home to sell quickly.
Raynor James is with http://www.fsboamerica.org - providing homes for sale by owner, "FSBO", properties. Are you thinking, "Should I sell my home?" Visit http://www.fsboamerica.org/seller.cfm to sell your home sale for free for one month.
Property Types A, B, C And D
One of the biggest problems individuals just starting out have is the type of property they look for, and working outside their immediate area. One of the constants around the country and for every state, is that there are the most desirable areas to live and the least desirable; and then those that fall in between.
Selling Houses with Curb Appeal and Design Psychology
Curb appeal is the most important challenge you'll face when selling your home. You must make home shoppers feel like getting out of their car to see what's behind the front door.
The Many Benefits Of Lease Purchasing
Lease Purchasing affords wonderful benefits and opportunities to sellers, buyers, investors and those who would like to operate a home-based business. Lease Purchasing allows you to control property without ownership which has benefits for all.
Making a First Impression When Selling Your Home
So you've decided to take advantage of the booming real estate market and put your house up for sale. As you know, buying a house is the most important purchase a consumer can make.
Where Does Your Real Estate Commission Fee Go - Why is The Commission so HIGH?
Many who have bought and sold properties through Realtors numerous times; even many real estate agents themselves, don't know where the commission money goes. After all, when a property sells for hundreds of thousands of dollars and the commission is tens of thousands of dollars, it seems like there is a terrific amount of money charged as commission -- and there is.
The Real Estate Cycle
The real estate cycle, like the business cycle, refers to the activity of the real estate market as it reacts to the forces of supply and demand.Supply and demand.
A Log Home Story
Solving problems while maximizing valuesThis story has a few good lessons and observations that no doubt can be used by you to take advantage of hidden opportunities that often lie in plain view for all to see, however, most people have not been trained or instructed on how to recognize or find them.The following true story begins with a classic log home package, engineered, manufactured, approved and delivered for use in Alaska.
Buy to Let Property Investment
In recent years buy to let has been a popular way of investing in residential property. Stock markets are out of favour with many investors who have seen the values of their portfolios, endowment policies and pension funds shrink, whereas property has generally continued to rise in value.
High Tension for the Buyer and Seller of Real Estate Can Be Reduced
Tensions can run high in both the selling and buying of real estate. After all, there is a lot of money and emotion involved! There are also time pressures and numerous privacy issues to deal with.
Personal Branding Techniques for Real Estate Agents and Brokers
Branding can be done to any product, or any person. Before undertaking an exercise in personal branding, however, consider your distinctive strengths and abilities and what they offer the market place.
How Professional Property Investors Interpret and Use Capital Growth Statistics
Understanding and using yearly price growth statistics in an area of interest is critical to making successful property investments decisions.Property price growth is usually expressed in terms of a percentage i.
Seller Objections To Lease Purchase
A large percentage of the mail we receive are from people that complain that sellers don't want to do a lease purchase, they just want to sell their house. Or sellers come up with too many objections.
Why Should Sellers Be Absent During Showings?
If only there were a way to sell your home without letting all those people come through. Unfortunately, the reality is that homes must be shown in order to be sold.
An Investors 1st and Most Important Lesson
Are you ready for the lesson that will put you ahead of 99% of all real estate investors?Here it is in a nutshell ?USE AS LITTLE CASH AS POSSIBLE!The days of mortgage burning parties are long over. But you will still meet people who believe that it is good idea to pay off the mortgage on a property so that they can have big cash flow.
Buying Foreclosures - Knowing Why Helps You Buy
One big potential deal-killer in buying foreclosures is the homeowner. If the homeowner does not trust you, buying their home (even at a foreclosure auction) can become a greater challenge.
Real Estate Professional in the Palm of Your Hand
GETTING THE MOST FOR THE LEASE-TRACKING YOUR REAL ESTATEIf you own rentals and/or investment properties, you know that you have to keep track of your portfolio, maintenance profiles, property managers, and related financial matters. There are a multitude of programs for the Palm-Pilot system to keep up with lease dates, lease expirations, and rent due dates.
Buying A Holiday Home in Rural Ireland
Ireland has recently witnessed an upsurge in the number of investors buying holiday homes in some of the country's most scenic areas. With stars like Jeremy Irons and Daniel Day-Lewis popping up in the quaint villages of West Cork, prices in many of these areas are at a premium.
5 Hot Tips for Successful Real Estate Investment
The last downturn of the global stock market saw millions of 'every day' investors having their fingers badly burned. Overnight life savings were eaten away, retirement funds went into decline and the economic forecast for all of us who had any money invested in stocks and shares was gloomy to say the very least.
Buying Country Acreage and Rural Properties, To Buy or Not To Buy
Almost anyone can become a rural property owner; if you are willing to set goals, establish what your purposes are, plan ahead and set targets that are all aligned toward the same result. And, if you can be patient instead of requiring instant gratification.
Prepare Your Rental Property for Occupancy
Among your many responsibilities as a landlord, the law provides for a warranty of implied habitability. This means that the dwelling must be considered habitable and any known problems must be fixed before you allow a tenant to take occupancy.
home | site map
All articles are copyright to their owners.
Note: this website lists articles, We do not Write Articles !