List Categories | List All Articles | List Articles By Title
10 Tips to Sell Your House Faster!
Here are some Handy wee Tips to help you Sell Your House Faster. These are all 'tried and true' tips we've gathered over years of Buying and Selling Houses, so I know for sure that they work!
1. Clean your house -- no kidding...the cleaner your house is, the easier it is to sell.
2. Fix any glaring problems. You know -- doors hanging off, blowing in the wind... that sort of big thing!
3. Advertise yourself, even if you have a Realtor. It's not a given that your Realtor will actually advertise for you. It's an option that they can add in addition to putting you on MLS (Multiple Listing Service...). If you place your own Ad, include the Price, size, and any special features. There's nothing more annoying to us than a House without a Price -- it's much better to be completely up-front, so people will know well in advance whether your house is in their Price Range, and almost everyone has a Price Range!!
4. If you're not on a tight time-line, consider selling on your own -- you just need some good 'people skills' and a good Real Estate Lawyer. It's a Sellers Market out there, so it's worth a shot... you can always hire a Realtor in a couple of months.
5. Take some great Interior and Exterior pictures of your house, then make up a sheet with a written list of the features of the house, dimensions, etc. Make lots of color photocopies so you can have them available to any potential buyers. You can set up a mail box of sorts to hold the info so people stopping by can just pick one up privately -- put it in the Front Yard, or Main Entry of an Apartment Complex, if that's where you live). Lots of people will be interested in the house price before viewing.
6. Have Open Houses -- from 1:00 'til 6:00pm. For some reason, these are great hours. The typical Open House (if there even is one...)is from 2:00 - 4:00pm. Too hard for people with busy lives (the ones with the money to actually buy your house! ha,ha!) to get to in time. Hey, you're cleaning and prepping your house, anyway -- what's a few more hours? Those'll be some of your best-paid hours in your life, if you sell on your own, since you'll save about $10,000. on an 'average' home! Now, that ain't bad!
7. Put out fresh flowers -- potted or cut -- in as many rooms as you can. Adds great color and gives your home a lovely lived in feel. Also, the old 'bake something that smells delicious' thing really is effective. You can also put a cinnamon bun in the microwave for 45 seconds, or simmer apple juice, vanilla & cinnamon on the stove. It's welcoming and it works! Oh, yeah. Wear something appropriate and put the dog/snakes/leopards where they won't bother your potential buyers! :)
8. Get any offers in writing. Have your Contracts ready and read through them first, so you're not struggling to figure out who the Vendor is when your Buyer is sitting there...:) (If you're the Seller, you're the Vendor!) When you're using a Realtor, be sure that they have good contact numbers for you so you can all act quickly when an Offer comes in on your Home.
9. Contact a Lender On-line before you start the whole thing -- you need to know the current Mortgage Rates so you can help your Buyer, if necessary, and for yourself, so you can know how much you can afford for your next place.
Find a good Real Estate Lawyer, first, too, so you can give your Buyer his or her name. (When you're selling yourself, you can share a lawyer, unless your buyer seems crazy, in which case it may be wise to find another buyer, or at least retain separate lawyers!)
10. Keep a positive attitude! The right person always shows up at just the right time, so keep your chin up and sell your house!
Ailsa Forshaw is a Writer currently stuck in Alberta, Canada, but with great aspirations of 'living somewhere warm'-- and Publishing many items! Ailsa's website, http://www.buildyourownhouse.ca (http://www.theScottishDiet.com), came after years of Teaching, Building & Writing. She has Two lovely children, 17 & 5 (very careful planning), and is still married...with one gorgeous wee dog. http://www.buildyourownhouse.ca
Top Ten Suggestions for Selecting a Real Estate Agent
In order to find a real estate broker or agent who meets your needs and makes your buying or selling experience a positive one, Century 21 Real Estate Corporation recommends you:DO NOT blindly walk into or call a neighborhood firm and ask for an agent at random.Ask friends and family for recommendations.
Secrets of Making Money from Real Estate - Part 4
Analyzing and finding the right property deals:Firstly read my other article on how to Buy the property at a discount, this will cover the basics on how to buy property at a lower than market value price. This is very important because It can completely change the aspects and financing the deal.
Renting a House
Renting a house or a room in your home is a great business that millions of people take advantage of to make some extra cash. While many people rent houses each year, not all of them are successful.
Buying Beach Houses in New Zealand: Real Estate and Investment Opportunities
Buying a beach house in New Zealand offers many possibilities.New Zealand is made up of two main islands, North Island and South Island, giving it miles of coastal lands and perfect beaches to live by.
Get Rich With Mobile Homes
Does the myth that mobile homes depreciate in value keep you from investing in them? Well, they do lose value in a park, on a rented lot. Mobile homes with real estate, however, are an entirely different investment.
Real Estate Investing Produces Extraordinary Profits
Imagine making $5000 a year from real estate investing without recognizing you are real estate investing!Real estate values are so dynamic. The marketplace is always fluid and changing.
Safe, Scenic & Secure Sussex County Delaware
As I write this, there is a considerable concern about the dangers of urban life, triggered by the terrorist attacks on the USA. As some of you know, I have been a student of disaster preparations and a real estate consultant for those seeking "secluded and survival properties" for over thirty years.
How Can the Average Person Build Wealth in Real Estate?
Books on real estate are a dime a dozen-and most focus on taking advantage of someone else's misfortune. They frequently describe lofty methods for buying and selling properties no ordinary citizen can be successful using.
Title Insurance Protects Your Financial Investment
You purchase homeowners insurance to protect yourself financially in case something happens to your property or its contents. However homeowners insurance won't protect your financial interests if a matter arises regarding past ownership of your property.
What To Expect In Closing Costs On A Home Purchase
Many are taking advantage of this year's low mortgage rates to purchase a home. Pent up with excitement, many families, who have scrimped and saved for a down-payment, jump for joy when the mortgage lender finally approves their application.
Saving for a Home
So you want to buy a home? This is a big step for anyone, and there are many factors to consider, not the least of these is how to get the money for a home. Sure there are loans available for home purchase, but you must have cash on hand to cover expenses such as fees and closing costs that might not be able to be covered by a loan.
Basic Tips for First Time Home Buyers
Choosing a first home can be a daunting task, but following a few key steps makes it a lot less confusing.An essential part of the process for every home buyer is to simply do the math.
The Bubble Effect
Turn on the TV at almost any time day or night and you will find news and talk shows informing us that there is a Real Estate bubble. What is a "bubble" and how do they know? The simple principle of what goes up must come down is being applied in general thought now and many in the public are starting to buy it.
Selling Houses Fast: Basics of Design & Color Psychology
Fixing up houses to ready them for sale includes a design plan for needed changes. Save money on transformation costs by choosing design details right the first time.
Investment Real Estate: An Inexpensive Way To Get Started
If you are considering getting involved in investment real estate, let me offer some of the amazing information available in my wealth-building system, Winning the Mortgage Game. In several parts of my system, I outline a strategy for getting started in investing in real estate, without being a landlord.
Buying Property in Spain
You have made the decision to move to Spain and are now looking for a property to buy? Where do you start? Firstly, I would suggest you go on to the internet and look at the various agents that are offering properties for sale in Spain. Many of these companies are run by people who have already emigrated to Spain and will know the many problems and pitfalls that arise when buying a property in Spain.
Is Second Home Ownership In Your Future?
According to the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR), a record 2.82 million second homes were sold in 2004.
Selling Your Home: 5 Deal Killers That Are Lurking In Older Homes
You've listed your home for sale, you have a Buyer and now their Inspector is performing an inspection. You think you have a pretty good home, but do you really know for sure? What is he finding? Why is it taking so long? Here are 5 deal killers to watch out for when selling your home.
Property Investment - Buying A Holiday Home in Cyprus
Cyprus is fast becoming a property hotspot for thousands of British holiday home hunters disillusioned with the overdeveloped and overpriced Costas. Famous for its spectacular beaches, a climate that gives more sunshine days than Spain and its rich and varied history, Cyprus offers a perfect mix of foreign and familiar.
Renting Versus Buying A Home
Renters are often in a quandary as to whether it makes sense to continue renting or buy a home. Buying a home makes more sense, particularly when taking a long-term view.
home | site map
All articles are copyright to their owners.
Note: this website lists articles, We do not Write Articles !