List Categories | List All Articles | List Articles By Title
7 Year Tribulation
As you will see in the Scripture verses listed below, the Great Tribulation will last 7 years. At the midpoint of the Tribulation, the Antichrist will seat himself in the Temple of God that will have to rebuilt by the Jewish people. He will proclaim himself to be God. This event is called the abomination of desolation by the prophet Daniel. Jesus Himself specifically refers to this event in the New Testament. Jesus says that once this event occurs, that His people are to literally run for the hills. Jesus says that the last three and half years of the Tribulation set off by the abomination of desolation will be the worst tribulation and time of trouble that the world has ever seen. He says that had these days not been shortened by God the Father, that no flesh would be saved. I feel Jesus is implying that man probably would have destroyed the earth at or shortly after the Battle of Armageddon. The Antichrist starts to lose control of his empire. Other nations come against him in the battle of Armageddon. With the availability of nuclear weapons, my guess is that the Antichrist may have been willing to "hit the button" if he thought he was going to lose his empire. If he hits the button, chances are the other nations he is going to fight against will also be willing to hit the button, and you thus could end up in a full scale nuclear war.
You have already seen what an ego-maniac this man is going to be from the description of his personality in the above verses. With him being under the influence and control of Satan, I feel the most logical conclusion is that both he and Satan would be more than willing to hit the nuclear button if they thought they could not retain control of their built up empire.
I really feel that this is what Jesus meant when he said that no flesh would be saved if God had not shortened these days at the end of this Tribulation. Here are the key Scripture verses on the 7 year Tribulation.
1. This first verse from Daniel shows that the 7 year Tribulation is initially established by the Antichrist confirming a covenant with Israel and then in the middle of the covenant he will set up the abomination of desolation. "Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week; but in the middle of the week he shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering. And on the wing of abomination shall be one who makes desolate, even until the consummation, which is determined, is poured out on the desolate." (Daniel 9:27) One week has been determined to be one year. How do you know that? Because in the middle of the week, the Antichrist sets up the abomination of desolation. And we already know that once the abomination of desolation is set up, there will be 42 months or three and half years to go before the end. So that tells us that one week is equal to 7 years. This is how you know that the Tribulation is for a 7 year time period.
2. The next verse from Daniel specifically tells you that once the animal sacrifice is taken away from the Jews and the abomination of desolation is set up, that there will be 1290 days until the end!! 1290 is three and half years and 13 days. "And from the time that the daily sacrifice is taken away, and the abomination of desolation is set up, there shall be one thousand, two hundred and ninety days (1290). Blessed is he who waits, and comes to the one thousand three hundred and thirty five days (1335)." (Daniel 12:11-12)
Notice in the first part of the above verse that it says "the daily sacrifice is taken away." This refers to the fact that when the Jewish people rebuild their Temple, they will once more reinstitute the practice of animal sacrifice as they did in the Old Testament.
The Antichrist will allow this to go on for a time, but when he sets himself up to sit in the Temple of God in the abomination of desolation, he will take this privilege away from the Jewish people! This verse is giving you two key pieces to let you know when we are at the midpoint of the Tribulation - the taking away of animal sacrifices and the Antichrist seating himself up in the Temple proclaiming himself to be God.
At that point, we have 42 months or as Daniel says above, 1290 days which is three and half years plus 13 days. The last sentence refers however to the people going a little longer - 1335 days. This may be referring to when Jesus comes down and destroys the armies that have come against Jerusalem in the battle of Armageddon - the time period for the Jews to come back to their homes since a lot of them will have been in hiding during the last three and half years.
3. Here is another verse that bears repeating under this caption - once again showing that the persecution of the Jews and saints of God will only last three and half years. "He shall speak pompous words against the Most High, shall persecute the saints of the Most High, and shall intend to change times and law. Then the saints shall be given into his hand for a time and times and half a time." (Daniel 7:25) A time = 1 year. Times = 2 years. Half a time = half a year. Total comes to three and half years.
4. Here is another verse showing that the Antichrist will have a period of 42 months to continue his carnage. This verse uses the unit of time of 42 months - which again is three and half years. "And he was given a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies, and he was given authority to continue for forty two months." (Revelations 13:5)
5. Here is the verse from Jesus telling everyone to "run for the hills" once the abomination of desolation occurs with the Antichrist. This is where Jesus also tells us that this Tribulation will be the worst of times in all of human history. "Therefore when you see the 'abomination of desolation' spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place, then those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. Let him who is on the housetop not come down to take anything out of his house. And let him who is in the field not go back to get his clothes. But woe to those who are pregnant and to those nursing babies in those days! And pray that your flight may not be in the winter or on the Sabbath. For then there will be great tribulation such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect's sake those days will be shortened." (Matthew 24:15-22)
6. And here is the final verse showing the carnage that will result from the Tribulation. This next verse says that two thirds of the Jewish people will be killed by the Antichrist. This is going to be worse than the German holocaust!!!! I think in one of the books I read, two thirds of the Jewish people will equate to 9.3 million Jews being killed by this one man. This will top the 6 million Jews that were killed in the German holocaust. However this verse does not tell us how many of the Christians will be killed by the Antichrist. "And it shall come to pass in all the land," says the Lord, "THAT TWO-THIRDS IN IT SHALL BE CUT OFF AND DIE. BUT ONE THIRD SHALL BE LEFT IN IT: I will bring the one-third through the fire, will refine them as silver is refined, and test them as gold is tested. They will call on My name, and I will answer them. I will say, 'This is My people', and each one will say, 'The Lord is My God.' " (Zechariah 13:8-9)
The end of the Great Tribulation will now lead up to the Battle of Armageddon which will be the last and final battle before Jesus comes back the 2nd time to put an end to the Antichrist, the False Prophet, Satan and all the other nations who are coming against Israel in this final battle.
Article written by Michael Bradley of Bible Knowledge Ministries. Their website is a resource of Bible articles, commentary and teaching. They currently have over 100 Bible articles. All free of charge.
The Holy Spirit is our Teacher
Now that we know God and Jesus want to release Their knowledge direct to us from Their throne room in heaven - how is this knowledge actually transmitted to us? This will now bring us into the next set of Scripture verses.These next three verses will tell us that this knowledge is given to the Holy Spirit - and then the Holy Spirit, who is already living on the inside of us, will be the one to transmit all of this knowledge to us! The Holy Spirit will thus become your personal guide and personal teacher in this life.
Why The Devil Is He Out To Get You?
The devil's agenda for tricking Adam and Eve into eating the wrong fruit and thus rebelling against God, was so he could be like the most high GOD himself.The devil (Lucifer) cleverly devised his plan to be like God by tricking Adam and Eve into eating from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil instead of The tree of Life.
Better Worship - 12 Marks of an Effective Music Ministry
Small BeginningsMy first experience in music ministry happened fairly soon after I first picked up a guitar at 15 years of age. I knew about 20 chords and could play a few songs from a new songbook titled Scripture in Song.
Catholic Voters Need to Rethink Morality
If Catholic doctrine calls for the sanctity of all human life, then why is it that church leaders implicitly endorse Republican candidates that are pro-life at the expense of all else. In fact, the sanctity of life doctrine stands directly in opposition to the death penalty as well as abortion.
Doctrine of the Nicolaitanes
When the Lord was showing John on Patmos what the seven churches would be like, He commended the church at Ephesus because they hated the deeds of the Nicolaitanes, which the Lord also detested. In Pergamos, the third church, these deeds had become accepted doctrine, which the Lord also hated.
Holy Communion: Key to Spiritual Healing
Chronically-ill Christians who do not believe in spiritual healing of the sick today should examine their participation in Holy Communion as to why they remain sick.The Lord's Supper (Eucharist or Holy Communion according to your tradition) consists of two elements: The cup representing Jesus' shed blood, and the bread representing His broken body (I Corinthians 11:23-26).
The Right of Passage
The Right of Passage. by Rev.
Spirituality from the Hebrew Bible: 10 Major Themes
The major themes of the Hebrew Bible (also known as the Old Testament) surely include God, man, sin, righteousness, grace, covenant, law, atonement, and holiness. A final theme we will examine is the Messiah.
Matthew 24:34-24:35 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
Jesus spoke as much about Heaven as He did about Hell. What I would like to do is a little comparison of the Truth of the Bible over the Lies of The Jihad, as the Muslim Nations try to dominate the world with their false religion.
Islamic World Domination
The question is not whether terrorism is now a world-wide reality, but why is terrorism happening at all? And, is it possible to thwart the activities of the Islamic extremists?To understand how to deal with an enemy, one must first seek to understand the issues. What is their motivation? Do they have a goal?Who are these people? Why are they willing to go to such desperate lengths? Why are their own lives apparently expendable? Why do they target innocent civilians who have no direct conflict with them, and have no understanding of their agenda? Why attack office towers? Why attack buses carrying innocent, unarmed civilians? Why disguise themselves as normal passengers, or shoppers, or college students? Why hide in the everyday crowd, then attempt to perpetrate as much carnage and damage as possible? How do you fight an enemy you cannot identify until it is too late?Why are all these attacks committed by Islamic adherents? Is this only coincidence, as some would make us believe? Would it not be expedient to pay some attention to the Islamic religious orientation, and ask some searching questions?In our multi-cultural democratic society we embrace diversity.
Moslem America ,Part 1
Daniel 12:7-12:12Moslem America ,Part 1. Aljazira, is the propaganda machine in the Middle East and now we have been introduced to the Bridges network in the United States.
Planetary Alignment is said to have magical powers. Some believe during these rare occurrences those living in that time-period have the ability to change things.
The Purpose of Our Being
Most people think that there is a higher meaning for our lives. They are correct, there is a purpose for our being.
The Scrolls and the Grail
DEAD SEA SCROLLS: - Dr Norman Golb is a top scholar who makes a plea for the de-politicization of the Dead Sea Scrolls. His plea is not related to the current argument that Palestine will own or control the Scrolls but to the Generals and politicians who piecemeal and with apparent deceit are doling out access to these important documents for the examination of scholars.
Smith Wigglesworth on the Power of the Word
You have all heard me talk about Smith Wigglesworth. He had a major healing ministry in the early to mid 1900's.
The Emmaus Journal ~ Strangers In A Strange Land
The Emmaus Journal Strangers In A Strange LandDo you often feel like an Alien? In fact, have you recently inquired if you were really still on Planet Earth? Do the things of this World just seem more and more foreign to you? Well, Dear Friend, you are in good company! Our Apostolic Brother Paul felt the same way and said the same things. Perhaps in a different language, but it is still relative for today.
Firstfruit from Death Guarantees the Coming Harvest
The farmer handed buckets to us, the blueberry pickers. "You're kinda early," he said.
How the Christian Right is Blowing It
I am not a particularly pious person and I certainly don't go for the religious ceremony of things like Inaugurations and Graduations. It has always been my belief that we should do our alms in a closet.
String of Pearls -- A Call for Intercessors
My wife had a vision recently of a string of pearls, adorning a bride at her wedding.The "pearls" were the pastors in a given region.
home | site map
All articles are copyright to their owners.
Note: this website lists articles, We do not Write Articles !