List Categories | List All Articles | List Articles By Title
10 Tips for Telephone Success
The telephone is an often under-appreciated and much maligned piece of office equipment. Have you stopped to consider how much business you conduct over the telephone? These 10 tips will help you improve your telephone presence and presentations.
1. You are the "Manager of First Impressions" for your business. Whenever you pick up the telephone, put a smile on your face first. It will enhance your vocal quality and you will sound pleasant and relaxed.
2. Listen attentively to the person you are speaking with. Recall why your dog is such a good listener: listen actively and in the moment. Multi-tasking is the enemy of effective listening.
3. Let other people talk! Make sure your caller has completely finished speaking before responding. Remember: sometimes they aren't done talking; they are just coming up for air.
4. Use open-ended questions to get people to speak more freely. You should always talk less than the person you have called. It makes others feel more comfortable, particularly if you are asking them to make a decision. The more they talk, the easier it is for them to "buy into" what you are proposing.
5. To create affinity with your callers, speed up or slow down your speaking voice to better match theirs. They won't realize why they feel comfortable, they just will.
6. Use your words for best results. Keep in mind you can phrase anything positively, negatively or neutrally. Phrasing your words positively will help you get better results more easily.
7. Voice mail can be your friend. Avoid leaving voice mail messages but if you must, think of it as a 30 second commercial on a highly rated radio program. You have the opportunity to get your message into the "ears" of your most desired audience. Your message should reflect this.
8. Plan your telephone presentations in advance. Think out all the various scenarios you might be faced with and write it out. This is called pre-call planning.
9. Tape yourself for self-improvement. Listen to yourself carefully and decide what areas you want to improve.
10. Make an action plan. Focus on only one area at a time. When you feel comfortable, move to your next area and repeat.
We use the telephone as our primary form of personal communication. People who are good with this medium increase their opportunities for success.
Jo Ann Kirby is president of KRG Communications Group. She has 20 years experience in sales, telephone sales and sales management and an extensive background in training and development. Her background also includes extensive b2b telesales management experience. Jo Ann has been published in The Toastmaster, NAPPS Network and Commerce magazines. More can be found at http://www.krgcommunications.com
7 Ways to Jump Start Your Cold Calls
Cold calling has to be one of the most feared aspects of every sales person's and business owner's day. With some important key tips, you can make cold calling painless and enjoyable and as easy as calling a friend.
Overcoming Objections Over the Telephone
In sales, one of the things you will be doing a lot of, is making phone calls. You can't escape it.
Conference Calling Evolved
Originally the conference call was limited to businesses paying exorbitant fees to the telcos. For business, it still made sense economically because the costs were less than the travel costs involved in bringing the people together.
Feel the Fear
It sometimes surprises people when I tell them I get slightly nervous before a speaking or training event. They seem to think that because I've been doing it for years, nervousness would no longer be an issue.
High Phone Bills Can Affect More Than Your Expenses
I got a phone call today from a gentleman in Arizona. He wanted to talk to me about a report I downloaded from him about network marketing.
Predictive Dialers - Human Interaction Maximized
Predictive dialers are many steps removed from their predessors, the automatic dialers of the past. Whereas automatic dialing allowed callcenter agencies to dial numbers quickly and efficiently, predictive dialing also processes and makes use of a whole range of information, linking callers to live voices every single time.
How to Make Sales with Noisy Kids in the House
Kids play hard, and sometimes that means they play really loud in the midst of exploring their worlds and role playing with siblings and friends.I know with my kids, if I'm not hearing some degree of noise; [i.
Telemarketing Tips for Direct Sales Success
Unfortunately, the DNC legislation has many small businesses that use telemarketers a bit concerned about their choice of direct sales tactic. However, there are still many ways to have your message get into the right people's hands without annoying them.
What Level Of Telephone Sales And Customer Service Do You Provide?
Using the telephone as an effective sales and customer service tool begins before you ever pick up the receiver to answer the telephone or make an appointment or sales call. When you reach for a ringing telephone, you need to put a smile on our faces and then greet people with the same enthusiasm you'd show them in-person.
K.A.R.M.A. of Phone Prospecting
Do you ever wake up on the wrong side of the bed? Does the rest of the day just follow suit? Have you ever thought that your attitude towards the day might just be coming back to you through misfortunes and bad things through out the day?Well it happens and it is called KARMA.KARMA is defined as if you put a negative out there it will come back to you in the form of another negative.
Cold Calling Does Not Generate Sales Leads
It is a fact of life for most new sales people; they get the dream sales job with unlimited earning potential and expect to earn so much money that they can now enjoy the fruits of their coming wealth. Everything seems perfect until they realize that before closing a sale and earning the big commission, they must first prospect for new customers (read, cold calls).
Cold Calling for Introverts
In her book, The Introvert Advantage, Marty Olsen Laney talks about the defining moment when she embraced the fact that she was an introvert. It came in the form of a statement, "Oh, there's nothing wrong with me, I'm just an introvert!"According to her research only 25% of people are introverted which leaves us the daunting task of dealing with the 75% extroverts of the world.
The Cold Calling Conspiracy
A consipiracy exists in the world of selling. A cold calling conspiracy.
How To Get Your Phone Call Returned
When selling your product face to face with a customer, they have no choice but to hear you out completely. Ask yourself this question, If they were listening to you describe your product on their personal voice mail, would they hear you out, or would they delete you?Never leave someone a message just to leave them a message.
Generating Leads Through Telemarketing
Telemarketing is one of the most common ways that a business can generate leads. It is a versatile approach.
How To Be A Cold Calling Superstar!
Our emotions and feelings are changing all of the time based on our interpretation of events. Does this mean that even a sales superstar feels bad if they lose a big deal? Of course they do.
Telsales Just Got Easier!
Your sales structure for outbound calls can be summarised using the well know acronym AIDA (Attention, Interest, Desire, Action) we will explore at a high level what should be happening during a telemarketing call.Open The Call Then Set Your AgendaThe opening minutes of any sales call are vital.
4 1/2 Steps for Doubling Your B2B Appointments
Cold calling. Most people hate to do it and there is a cottage industry of people making a profit by selling ideas on how to generate business without cold calling.
Telephone Sales Basics for Start-ups
Everyone picks up the telephone to do business. Yet the word "telemarketing" has many negative connotations for people.
3 Simple Rules For Your Next Sales Call
The other day I received a call from a telemarketer selling a website "starter kit" for small businesses. If you are reading this right now, then you undoubtedly know that I have a website.
home | site map
All articles are copyright to their owners.
Note: this website lists articles, We do not Write Articles !