List Categories | List All Articles | List Articles By Title
60 Ways to Increase Your Mail Order Catalog Sales
This article is meant to inform. Please don't construe this as legal advice.
Perfection in a mail order catalog is like infinity...you can
Making as many improvements as possible as quickly as possible is
Following are 60 suggestions that should help your catalog do a
BEFORE YOU CREATE YOUR CATALOG....
1. Look at your present catalog with extremely cold, critical and
2. Put your "letterman" on your team. Review all incoming
3. Think of your catalog as a means of helping your prospects
4. For each major type of product you sell, determine as many
If there are significant differences in the primary reasons for
5. If the preceding reasons indicate that different appeals are
6. Plan your catalog completely before you start preparing
7. Plan to ring your cash register more often by using approaches
8. Plan to attract new customers-reactivate dormant customers-and
9. Plan to add interest to your catalog-and give it a much longer
10.. Determine whether items that were unprofitable or barely
11. Give your company a distinctive personality. Promote this
WHEN YOU CREATE YOUR NEW CATALOG...
Use Procedure 12 to 19 to make your prospects want your products:
12. Write your copy to tie in with and stimulate the specific
13. Wherever possible show your prospects how your merchandise
14. Put special emphasis on your products and/or services which
15. Take the prospect "behind the scenes" if practical and show
16. Make the most of new items the first time you offer them;
17. Assure prospects that is easy to use these products...that
18. Tell prospect how to start using your merchandise properly
19. If your products are bought primarily for pleasure or are
Use Procedures 20 to 26 to make it easy as possible for the
20. Group all items of the same type in the same section of your
21. Arrange the groups of items in their present or potential
22. Within each group , arrange the individual items in
Give the most important items the most valuable positions and
23. If practicable, use the Sears system of offering the same
24. Use COMMON copy to present features or qualities that are the
25. Use INDIVIDUAL copy to talk about the features or qualities
26. In preparing the INDIVIDUAL copy above, use "parallel
Once the prospects have selected the merchandise they wish to
27. Be sure your ordering information is easy to understand.
28.. Make your order form easy to use, with adequate space to
29. Put in one or more extra order forms to make it easier for
30. Encourage prospects to order by phone on credit, charge or
31. Offer a 24-hour phone-in service through an arrangement with
33. Make it easy to determine shipping charges so they can be
34. Use a wrap-around letter on the front of your catalog to
35. Use the wrap-around to offer order starters (loss leaders or
36. Offer specials at intervals throughout the catalog to entice
37. Offer logical assortments of mixed or matched seasonal items
38. Offer assortments of mixed or matched items designed for use
39. Offer a free guide or plan for using each assortment above
40. Offer a gift or discount for orders of certain sizes and use
41. Offer a gift shipping with gift cards.
42. Provide extra services such as "Seeker Service" for items not
Stimulate promptness in ordering Procedures 43 and 44
43. Use action incentives to spark early orders, such as premiums
44. Mention frequently and prominently in your catalog that
Other suggestions Procedures 45 to 53
45. Use the back cover of your catalog for special offers; also
46. Use teaser copy and cross-references throughout the catalog
47. Concentrate service information on a Service Page; locate it
48. Humanize yourself and your catalog by making it seem like the
49. Watch your language! Avoid using technical "industry or
50. Make your entire catalog harmonious in layout and copy style
51. Give your catalog a longer life by emphasizing the length of
52. Ask for referrals from your satisfied customers; also names
53. Sell subscriptions to your catalog by providing a location on
the catalog for readers to remit 50 cents for a "full years
AFTER YOU CREATE YOUR NEW CATALOG...
54. Use the basic or major catalog to establish the value and
55. Ask the recipient to pass the catalog along to an interested
56. Re-mail the same catalog to your better customers 3 to 5
57. Prepare an alternate cover for the catalog and mail the same
58. Mail to your BETTER CUSTOMERS monthly, featuring items
59. Use your catalog as a package stuffer-enclose one with every
60. Be prompt in acknowledging orders (with thanks), answering
...And just as every good mail order catalog has something extra
61. If you receive a change-of-address notice from one of your
Copyright 2004 DeAnna Spencer
Get the Most Out of Your Current Customer
The customers you already have could be your biggest lead source, and you may not even realize it.Think about it this way, every customer you have, most likely has brothers, sisters, parents, cousins, and friends, so why not tap into it.
Recommending Products Vs. Selling Them
Some of the best sales people I have ever met, were able to meet all of their sales goals without ever selling a thing. They simply recommended their products to their customers.
Schedule Telemarketing Time For More Success
Telephone canvassing, or cold calling, is the practice of sitting down with a long list of potential prospects you've never met and telephoning them, one at a time, to learn which of them needs what you sell and then arranging to sell it to them.Believe me, nobody likes telephone cold calling.
How To Get Face To Face Over The Phone
One disadvantage of selling by telephone is the lack of face to face contact.When you are sitting with a prospect it is much easier to read there body language.
ReferralsA substantial part of your business can come from referrals. The key is to provide extraordinary customer service and educate your clients and influencers to this fact.
Give Up the Need to Sell
Most business people will tell you that selling is not their favorite activity. Let's explore a way to look at the process of sales a bit more favorably.
Leave a Better Voice Mail Message
Yesterday I received a call from a financial planner named Richard doing a cold call. My policy is to always return those calls which help me to understand why I would personally benefit from doing business with a sales person.
Lance Has What It Takes
Lance has what it takes and then some.Did you know .
EXHIBITORS - Check Your URL
How many of you have a corporate web site? Everybody says "Yes".How many of you know its proper URL? OK, most of you.
HANDLING OBJECTIONSSales presentation is not always going to be plain sailing. You must expect objections.
Get The Help You Need With Fund Raising Ideas
There are many fund raising ideas on the market today for anyone that is looking for them. Fund raising ideas are easy to come up with and are very successful in some cases.
How to Sell High Tech Solutions
Many companies are looking to improve upon the speed, security, and accessibility of business technologies, especially satellite and broadband connections to the internet. While customers are becoming more savvy, many don't speak 'tech-ese,' and they still are baffled by terms such as routers, IPSEC, T-1s, WIFI, and broadband.
How to Acquire More Leads
The most effective prospecting techniques were revealed in the August 1st, 2002, issue of TIP (URL at end of article) that resulted from a survey of financial advisors earning over $200,000 annually.Here's how they rated the following techniques: 100.
Why You Buy, Part Three
Still more discoveries from the recent studies in behavioral economics:Over-Valuing "Mine"People consistently place a higher value on things they own, even if their "ownership" is temporary. The research is interesting, and I often saw this phenomenum used by salesmen on busses in Ecuador.
Great Telephone Skills
Having good telephone skills is crucial as the call may be the catalyst for a prospective sale or provide vital counseling for a member of public. However, since both parties may not see each other face-to-face, a telephone conversation may not lead to favourable results; on the flip side, it may lead to unintended misunderstanding.
How to Build Sales With Extended Benefits
An area that can become profitable for many businesses in building the offer within sales copy is selling (or "upselling" customers with) extended services, products or packages, also often called the "extended warranty."Extended warranties are subtle forms of insurance policies that guarantee a product or service's performance, especially after an initial period of time.
Program Your Biocomputer For Sales Success
Selling isn't something you do to people, it's something you do for them. If you feel as though you're being pushy or twisting arms when you are interacting with prospective customers or clients, you might be doing just that.
Leads, Prospects, and the Huge Gap Between
The leads marketing delivers to the sales team never seem good enough. Either the leads are "bad" and are wastes of a salesperson's time, or there are just not enough "good" ones.
2 ˝ Steps to Sales Success
You have just walked out of the office of a potential new major customer that you have anxiously been waiting to meet with for weeks and again, you realize you have no idea what is going to happen next as a result of your meeting. Worse yet, you again "spilled all your beans" by telling the potential client how they should solve their problems, hoping that they will LET YOU help them by throwing some business your way.
Generating Sales Leads
Any company that relies on selling a product or service needs strong sales lead generation. A sales lead is a prospective customer.
home | site map
All articles are copyright to their owners.
Note: this website lists articles, We do not Write Articles !