List Categories | List All Articles | List Articles By Title
How Can a White Paper Support Sales and Marketing?
A white paper supports PR, marketing and sales because it works for all levels of decision makers. Engineers and executives may not be too impressed by brochures, but they are impressed by well-written white papers. (The same thing goes for trade journal articles more about that in a subsequent piece.)
Good white papers sell products because they pack a lot of useful information into a clear and readable structure. Warning -- dont take any old brochure or product brief, print it on 8-1/2x11" paper and call it a white paper. Decision-makers hate that, dont let this be you! Good marketing white papers contain both technical and marketing sections in a balanced format, and then throw in some other great stuff. A good white paper may start with an executive summary my general rule is a 5+ page paper needs one but it will follow the same structure as below, abbreviated to one page.
White papers should include:
1) Throw down the challenge glove. Describe the pain the prospect is experiencing. (That you can help with, anyway!) Describe the problem from their standpoint, and be sure you know what that problem is.
2) Talk about how your technology will solve their problem. Bore in on the technology behind the product and how it will make their lives easier. Be sure to include some technical detail for the engineers and technology journalists who are sure to read it. (And who are sure to be annoyed if it lacks detail.) Many marketing white papers fail because they dont include technical sections, usually due to one of two reasons:
3) Get specific on product benefits. This section combines with the technology section and includes ways that the product meets the challenge. You can also use this section to contrast your approach with other technologies, especially if your product is innovative. We all know the sad fate of disruptive technologies, but readers do want to know what your product does differently, how it does it, and why it does it better.
4) Push a positive return on investment. ROI has always been a big deal, and with reason. If you have great hard cost numbers, terrific dont hesitate to use them. Longer white papers have room for graphs and charts, but even shorter ones can refer to positive ROI. Newer ROI analysis methods factor in soft costs employee time, improved infrastructure, etc. so dont hesitate to talk about those too.
5) Add some case studies. Actual case studies with actual customers are ideal, but if you cant mention customer names (common in the financial world), its fine to speak more generally. A Fortune 100 finance company recently deployed
6) Conclude with how great your product is and contact information. Heres where you can use the marketing mottoes, just keep it to 1-2 paragraphs. And include your contact information!
Well-written white papers have lots of good uses. Heres a run-down:
Theres a lot that goes into creating a useful white paper. For your next project, consider hiring an experienced writer to create a marketing white paper that just keeps on selling. Talk about good ROI!
About The Author
Call Christine Taylor today at 760-249-6071 or e-mail her at
email@example.com, and start that white paper selling!
Winning Sales Proposals
Your proposal is selling for you when you're not there, so it must reflect your standards of professionalism.Like it or not, sales proposals are a tool of the trade, and writing a well-crafted proposal can mean the difference between winning and losing a client's business, especially if you are selling to major accounts.
9 Ways to Keep Clients Coming Back For More
A lot of effort is put into getting new clients. We all know our client base will change.
Why Are Customers So Indecisive?
Do you know why your customer won't buy? You've given her the best price, possibly even the best options. Yet she fidgets.
How to Build Sales With Extended Benefits
An area that can become profitable for many businesses in building the offer within sales copy is selling (or "upselling" customers with) extended services, products or packages, also often called the "extended warranty."Extended warranties are subtle forms of insurance policies that guarantee a product or service's performance, especially after an initial period of time.
3-Levels Of Successful Selling
Any selling approach that lacks a proven strategy, a practiced proficiency for its application and most significantly, a full understanding of its psychological, human behavioral import - is at best, a wishful endeavor. ?Paul Shearstone 2003.
How To Improve Your Voice
VOICEThe Image the customer has of the Salesperson is vital. In telesales the image is created through voice alone.
Selling To Women - Selling To Men - It Isnt the Same
Selling To Women - Selling To Men - It Isn't the SameNow let's not fall into the old style car salesman's trap of believing that men are interested in what goes on under the bonnet and women are only interested in what colours you can get and whether it has a vanity mirror.Believe me, and I speak as an ex mechanical engineer, I couldn't give a toot what goes on under the bonnet.
The Never Ending Sale
Once you have added a new customer to your book of business, plan on keeping that customer until you have all of their business, and the business of their family and friends.This way you can ensure having their business forever.
Ask for the Business
Many times in the process of making a sales presentation to a potential client, we will break down our product piece by piece, explaining all of the features and benefits it has to offer, then we expect our customer to have immediate buy in, and purchase our product based on the presentation they just heard.Unfortunately, it does not work that way.
Creating More Effective Proposals
The need for good proposals - the business kind, not the marriage kind - struck me again a couple of days ago, when I received a poor proposal. I had talked on the phone with a sales rep, and then she followed up with a proposal.
Here's a chilling thought. If you were to die tomorrow, would you have the same two regrets that many business people share?According to a study, just before people die, if they express any regrets at all, those regrets tend to fall into two categories.
Another Warm Lead
Saturday morning, I sat in my pajamas, sipping strong, black coffee and petting Ms. Kitty Cat.
Is Cold Calling Dead?
Is cold calling dead? And if laws are being passed to put it to rest once and for all, how do we generate business from now on?Opinions on the subject vary greatly depending on the background of the individual. For example, most of the old-timers are vigilant in preaching their belief that the only possible way to succeed in the world of selling is to make no less than fifty calls each and every day.
Overcoming the Fear of Selling
For many of you the Fear of Selling is a huge challenge and obstacle for you from day to day. The first thing you need to do is find out exactly what it is you're afraid of.
Talking To A Prospect As If To A Friend
While working with a new coaching client, I asked to hear her sound bite. Everyone needs a good sound bite.
10 Incredible Ways To Sell Your Products Now
1. Make your reader visualize they have already bought your product in your ad.
Count Down To An Advert
There are hundreds of books available to teach you how to write a good sales letter/advert. If you were to read them all it would be possible to distil all of the recommendations into a 'What to do list' similar to the one below.
Take the Contract with You
I learned something very interesting this week. Thankfully, what I learned was really at no one's expense.
Sales Training from the Ghostbusters
Picture this scene from the 1984 smash comedy movie from Columbia Pictures, Ghostbusters: Dan Aykroyd and Bill Murray, aka? the Ghostbusters, are involved in a heated meeting with the Mayor and the Head of the local environmental agency. The city is in shambles because a legion of evil spirits has invaded and is currently wreaking havoc and chaos throughout the land.
An attractive woman has a decided advantage as sales representative over her male counterpart. This "selling edge" is primarily due to the existence of the "glass ceiling" found in most business organizations today.
home | site map
All articles are copyright to their owners.
Note: this website lists articles, We do not Write Articles !