List Categories | List All Articles | List Articles By Title
Top 10 Lessons for Small Business Success - As learned From My Twin 3 Year Olds
Small business success is very similar to learning to walk, talk and spell. The basics have to be understood before moving on to the next step. I am blessed to have twin 3 year old girls in my life and am amazed constantly how much I learn from them on a daily basis. As I watch them run around and explore, I find myself realizing just how much my observations apply to being successful and happy in life and in business.
So take heart in the following tips - they may come from little people but they have the power of giants. To your happiness and your success !
1. No matter how small you are you can change lots of lives - your goal for starting your business should be to change lives in one way or another. Remember this in everything you do - how can I change my customers lives ?
2. Climb that wall - no matter how big the wall is - persistence pays off in the end. Never give up on your dreams and keep on trying.
3. Times when you appear small and frail are when you can surprise everyone with your hidden strengths. Everyone in business pays attention to what the big boys are doing and how they became successful. What they miss though is the small businesses that quietly make substantial profits every year. These companies go about their business quietly and draw attention from the customers - not the competition.
4. Act like a silly goof whenever and wherever you want - people will never forget you - and that is what every business owner should dream of - sticking in everyone's mind.
5. Remember to share - People can get very protective of what they learn and how they achieve success. When you have something of value that would benefit others - share ! IT will come back to you one hundred fold . You do have you rights also - protect what is not to be shared and make sure others know it is yours and yours only.
6. Run naked every once in a while. Well ok, you don't have to be naked but run - have fun, be free and try to be a kid again. Having kids gives you that chance again and it is incredible to relive the fun that you used to have - when you weren't so serious about life and business.
7. Lay back on the grass and watch the clouds go by whenever you have a chance. Reflection and relaxation can be one of the most powerful combinations that you can ask for in your personal and business success - use it !
8. Put on a fancy hat - dress up for the day. Nothing can make you feel like a new person more than a complete change in clothing. Wear something you usually would not wear - or something you have always wanted to wear but were afraid to. In business this one little point can make you stand out from all of the rest. Wear a tacky tie, or a purple shirt, or a new hat every day - your customers will never forget you.
9. Silence is not always a good thing. Usually it means something big is brewing and trouble is near. If you find too many of your competitors are quiet or your clients are quieter than usual - figure out why ! Something serious could be happening out there and you better find out what it is.
10. Find some sand and let your toes dig in. Sand has an amazing soothing quality to it. If you do not have sand near your house or business - go buy a bag of sand at your local garden center and put it in a small box you can dip your feet in. Try this when you are working on a tough problem - new ideas will pop into your head in no time.
About The Author
By Troy White of www.SmallBusinessCopywriter.com... "Turning Words Into Wealth" Helping entrepreneurs jump start their business success and profit growth through uncommon, yet highly profitable, marketing techniques.
© Small Business Copywriter.com 2004
Success Tips for Small Business Owners
Running a small business requires many skills. However, to do this successfully you need to organize yourself first.
So You Don't Believe in Outsourcing
Entrepreneurs are hardy stock. But sometimes hardiness can get you into trouble.
Debit and ATM Card Advice for Small Businesses
Your business account comes with an ATM, Debit card. Pick a really secret pin number.
Preparing to Launch Your Small Business
Small business owners often enter their field with great expectations. Unfortunately, reality strikes shortly afterwards.
QSR Quick Service - Fast Food Restaurants Labor Situation in United States
One of the major complaints in the QSR Quick Service-Fast Food Restaurants Industry is the deplorable Labor Situation. In United States teen labor has become somewhat slim on ethical standards, showing up on time, drug use (both recreational and problematic), work ethic and trainability.
Looking for a New Office Chair?
Perhaps you are building a new home office or you are redoing the one you have. Or, maybe you are looking for an office chair to replace that broken down model sitting in your office.
How To Make Sure Your Customers Still Trust Your Small Business
The stock market is still on a wild roller coaster ride. Trust in business is at an all time low.
Grab Your Consumers Attention in a Cluttered World of Marketing Communications
A cluttered world of marketing communications diminishes the ordinary. The consumer can no longer be bother with the dull, trite and a boring hodgepodge of marketing communications that are pandered in front of them every day.
How to Start a Pet Transportation Business
Pet Transportation Services are needed as the number of pets in the U.S.
Banking and Company Credit Card Policies for Small Business
Does your small business have a banking and credit card policy? If not, perhaps you might wish to think on it. Developing such policies and procedures is not a difficult task.
Share Ad Expenses to Boost Profits
The challenges of the small business owner are well documented. They must battle for market share against larger competitors, run all aspects of their business, and even pay higher rates for advertising and other marketing related expenses.
Market Makers Play a Significant Role in Reverse Mergers
One overlooked individual in the process of taking a company public through reverse merger is the market maker. The market marker is critical especially if the company is going to be listed on OTC Bulletin Board or the NQB.
A Small Business Must Have a Solid Foundation
We all know that a building has to have a strong foundation if it is to survive, so, too, a business.There are many planks that support a business but there are four corner-posts that bear the most weight?The four corner-posts are Marketing, Selling, Production and Financial Control.
What are the COSTS Associated with joining Leads Groups?
When it comes to cost, how much can you afford or not afford?When it comes to cost, the first thing that comes to mind is money, the cost of membership. Although this may be a consideration, you should also look at the cost as part of the investment you need to make in order to improve the bottom-line.
Are You Making These Mistakes In Your Business?
You've probably heard the statistic that 95% of small businesses fail in the first five years. That's not a very encouraging number! Although being part of the 5% that succeed is not easy, it's definitely possible.
FTC Franchise Rule if Enacted will Trigger Hardship for Private Sector
The FTC Franchise Rule maybe changed, as the Federal trade Commission has put out a report to the franchising industry as to upgrade the rule. If enacted will it will trigger hardship for private sector and cost many trees their lives; Paperwork.
Pressure Washing; How to Bid Concrete Cleaning Jobs
Remember the cleaning business is all about time ratio to money. You want to be making at least a $1 a minute when doing concrete work at a minimum and aim for $100 to $200 per hour if you can get it.
Solving the Late Paying Customer Blues
Nothing can drive a business down faster than customers who don't pay their bills as agreed. When you sell to customers on credit you are making an agreement with them.
13 Steps to Protect Yourself from Your Bank
The success of your business is critically dependent on how well you negotiate and manage your financial partners. Banks, investors, credit cards and financial services companies work for you.
Small Business Checks - Money Saving Options
When you go into business for yourself, there are many things to consider. What you don't want to worry about is spending too much money on unnecessary items.
home | site map
All articles are copyright to their owners.
Note: this website lists articles, We do not Write Articles !