List Categories | List All Articles | List Articles By Title
Operational Aspects on P and L Statements of Mobile Services Businesses
What kinds of things effect mobile service businesses P and L's? Well this is an excellent question and as I see the Annual reports of companies who do mobile services, such as Ecolab, Service Master, Halliburton, Luftstanza Food Services, etc. I see many similarities. For instance we have noted as many of the others the climate conditions, El Nino effects, Mud Slides, road closures, snow. low temperatures, Hurricanes, etc.
(1) would be extreme weather conditions that affect the demand for such services, this could be both good and bad;
(2) competition in the markets served by their Service Businesses;
(3) Then there are the problems we have encountered in the Silicon Bay area on labor issues during the dot com days. No people to work; full employment and 3.1% unemployment are synonymous. 5% seems to be a good number in any state, it keeps the natives restless and all the work ethic of economies honest, so then we will call. Labor shortages or increases in wage rates effect service businesses of every sector. Well what else?
(4) Well on everyone's mind is health care, under funded pensions, which include health care and increased costs in that industry and the cost associated with parasite attorneys suing for ungodly amounts and costs malpractice suits? Unexpected increases in operating costs, such as healthcare insurance and HMO or perhaps PPO costs. But also realize after 9-11, insurance costs have nearly doubled in every industry. Ours included and the fixed site market participants as well; (
5) Insurance Costs increases effect the bottom line as the liberals and attorneys attempt to make all that which is unequal, equal just the same, it is not and never will meanwhile all service business pay the price for these ideals as this country and it's service sector attempt to operate in an ever increasing sate of liberalist socialism. Did I say that? Yes, and it is true, because all this does effect our bottom lines in the service sector and is carried on in increased costs to consumers as an over burden tax on all we are and all we have built in the most free country on the face of this Earth. Enough on that subject.
(6) Now let's talk about fuel costs. Yes increased fuel costs effect everyone and very much so in the mobile service sector therefore add fuel prices to a major set back in profitability expectations. The President is right we must be careful of our energy appetites and fuel needs, pay attention this effects everyone and of course the P and L of every service business known to mankind.
(7) Well with the thought of transportation costs. Let us discuss the issues of increased traffic and road work delays in most states due to weak budgets bad fiscal policy and general inability to lead, manage and get one worthy piece of legislation that actually helps people out of committee at the state levels, CA being my best example of Hail Marry approach to fix bureaucracy of malfisence, back to the roads traffic. Now lets discuss the real problem plaguing the service sector, which so far has been the last to be destroyed due to it's very efficient nature and business model, especially the mobile side, although we can also look at Jack Welsh's comments to the board in 2000. Service is the future speech also remunerated to the 6 Sigma clan to be.
(8) increased governmental regulation of all sorts. Now we can talk about the general across the board slowing of money flow due to not supply but rate of flow, which is actually the same thing since money supply is so relative really.
(9) General economic conditions in the United States, especially as they consumer spending levels. We should also look at what we often discuss as the Chaos Theory, changing direction quickly is very important in the service sector more than anywhere else, as the consumers and Corporations move the direction of their expenditures, they vote with their dollars and must vote for you if you are to have nay kind of P and L at all. So then those costs associated with directional changes, training, marketing and overcoming delays with cash money for speed, ramp up cost money and the faster you go the more you pay. Ask any military commander or any previous commander in chief, moving things costs money, moving fast is a hyperbolic curve similar to that of co-efficients of drag which is apropos to this particular conversation;
(10) time and expenses associated with integrating and winding down businesses; and other factors which cannot be seen or predicted unless you learn to study the game. It may appear to be a game of chance, but chances are it is neither. The strong survive, but only if they understand their bottom line and what affects it. Does this make sense to you? Care to Opine?
"Lance Winslow" - If you have innovative thoughts and unique perspectives, come think with Lance; www.WorldThinkTank.net/wttbbs
Starting Your Small Business
Where do you find more customers?How do you compete with bigger businesses?Answer. Build loyalty and rewards.
Build Credibility with Expertise
As an Investment Representative you've worked hard to build trust with your pension clients. Now, you can solidify that long term relationship with your expertise on one of the greatest fears of small business retirement plan sponsors.
How to Successfully Avoid Becoming One of The 80% of Small Businesses That Will FAIL
It's a commonly quoted statistic: 80% of all small businesses will fail within the first five years of running. In fact, in Internet marketing, this figure can be as high as 95%.
Reverse Merger: Have They Taken the Reverse out of Reverse Merger?
Are the promoters and consultants destroying the market for Reverse Merger? First lets take a look at reverse merger. In a Reverse Merger, an operating private company merges with a public company that has little or no assets, nor know liabilities (the "shell").
Six Sigma for Small Business
It is not surprising that some people may perceive Six Sigma as being only for large corporations. Major corporations such as Allied Signal, Black & Decker, Dow Chemical, Dupont, Federal Express, General Electric, Johnson and Johnson, Kodak, Motorola, Sony, and Toshiba have all rolled out Six Sigma efforts and achieved outstanding results.
Small Business Newsletter Dilemma: Which Day Do I Send?
If you're just ramping up your small business email newsletter, you might be wondering what day you should send it to your opt-in list. After all, you want it to get opened and read and you know your prospects may be weeding through a ton of email clutter.
Sample; Territory Reduction Policy for a Franchise Company
I propose this thought on the subject of Franchisee territory reduction based on performance for a Mobile Business Model. Please read the sample policy below as it explains the reasoning and methodologies considered to extend brand without risking underdeveloped territory.
Over Disclosure Hurts Businesses
Many investors and business ethics professionals are calling for more transparency and regulators are calling for more disclosure. Yet in the franchising industry this can spell disaster indeed.
Canon City, Colorado - Good for Small Business
Canon City, Colorado is known for it's 6 Prisons; State and Federal, women's prison and juvenile. It is also home to the First Colorado Territorial Prison.
A Gift Basket Home Business is an Easy Way to Wrap up Profits
You want to know more about making money with your own gift basket home business. You are a creative person and want a career that you can control and find rewarding at the same time.
Small Business - Is The Accounting Profession Ripping Them Off?
My 16 year-old daughter said, "Gee Dad! You look just like an accountant" And she wasn't being complimentary. Accountants are perceived to be boring, stodgy and conservative.
The Truth About Government Grants for Your Business
Free money! Receive up to $25,000 that never has to be paid back -- Guaranteed! Get a grant to start your own business today!If you're a small business owner, or you've always dreamed of starting your own business, you've probably run across ads like these. Companies that "guarantee" you'll get a grant to start your own business that never has to be paid back.
How to Use Graphs and Charts in Your Business Plan
Many people ask how many graphs or charts they should have in their business plans. As with most other business planning questions, the answer is "it depends.
Franchisor Prospect Checklist Sample Form
Due to the over regulation in the Franchising Industry and the litigation it is important to keep impeccable records. From the first phone call, email to the signing of the franchise agreement everything should be documented.
Pressure Washer Concrete Cleaning Equipment
Cleaning concrete is tough and there is an easy way and a hard way. There is one thing you need to understand when you are pressure washer cleaning concrete; the concrete cannot always be made to look brand new again after it has been stained.
Franchisee; Vacation Managing
Do you own a franchised business? Over 400,000 franchised businesses currently operate in the United States, which is a true testament of free enterprise. There are many advantages of franchised businesses, which anyone who owns a small business has thought about.
Obtain Maximum Results For Your Small Business Through Better Time Management
Most small business owners are faced with so many responsibilities and an unbelievable workload throughout the day. Mainly because of the many different roles that we have to play.
Selling Your Business, Entrepreneurs Role
$elling $elling $ellingWhat makes a great sales person? Well, the natural ability to sell defnitely could not hurt. Sales people are a passionate, obviously people oriented, motivated and energetic bunch.
Shocking Experienced Copywriter Reveals Little-known Secrets To Closing BIG Ticket Deals!
Hogwash!That's what I say to people who tell me that their business is purely and solely a "cheapest price business."People who stubbornly insist that "MY business is different" are right, but not in a good way.
Arranging Your Fundraiser
When deciding to host a fundraiser for your company or organization there are many fundraising ideas available to you for choosing. The most popular fundraising ideas range from chocolate, magazines and candles to candy and much more!When picking your fundraising product be sure to pick a product that will have a good mark up and will be an easy sell.
home | site map
All articles are copyright to their owners.
Note: this website lists articles, We do not Write Articles !